Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Peppers a Packer

Peppers a Packer

Bill Michaels
    Packers and Julius Peppers agree to a 3-year deal......Hello and good morning Green Bay Packers fans!
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Is this true? I'm not seeing it anywhere else.
    Go PACK

Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

I wouldn't have predicted this in a million years.

Blog Entries
    Wist wanted him.

He's the ideal end in a 2-4.

Peppers just turned 34 in January. If this is true it will be interesting to see the terms and if he has anything left in the tank. Had 7 sacks and he played in all 16 games but I didn't really pay much attention to how good of a year he had.

Blog Entries
    Don't know what to think of JP. In the Bengals first game they played Chi in Soldier. A back-up LT pounded Peppers dick in the dirt. Julius did squat at the start of the game and went downhill from there. Then when we played the Bears in Chi, Peppers was "like a kid out there." Most vets start strong, then fade. He did just the opposite.

I hope he can be effective, but you probably need to spell him (& I don't know who you spell him with).

So we traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. Sort of.

Michael Neal ✔ @mneal96
    So we get Julius Peppers!!! LOL and we got BJ back...and we already got some dawgs!!! Well damn let the hunting begin!!! #GoPackGo
    8:21 AM - 15 Mar 2014

Mike Neal on Twitter this morning.

[QUOTE=KYPack;778313] A back-up LT pounded Peppers dick in the dirt.

Lol KY...haven't heard that one in awhile!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Wow good call partial!

I think perhaps even more surprising is that it looks like the whole "We want more defensive lineman in the mold of Datone Jones" line wasn't coach-speak. Somethings a brewing on the coaches whiteboard and I like it.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

So now we have peppers, raji, jones, daniels, boyd, worthy on the dl. Can boyd spell raji at nt? I feel like we need one more big body
    Go PACK

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=SMBASS;778316]
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    A back-up LT pounded Peppers dick in the dirt.

Lol KY...haven't heard that one in awhile!
    Yep, Anthony Collins shoved Peppers all round Soldier. Then, when we play 'em, Peppers pounds on Bakh.

Which guy do we get?

Packers signed Julius Peppers, formerly of the Bears, to a three-year, $30 million deal.

The deal includes $7.5 million guaranteed.

I'm sure this was important to Thompson.

Because Peppers was released by #Bears, he will not factor into next year's compensatory draft pick equation for #Packers .
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Yep, Anthony Collins shoved Peppers all round Soldier. Then, when we play 'em, Peppers pounds on Bakh.

Which guy do we get?
    Well, the Bears D was pretty bad last year so I guess we'll find out if his play was part of the problem or a symptom of the problem.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Well, I'll be dipped in shit, TT signed an external FA....

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead View Post
    So we traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. Sort of.
    Even if Peppers is 34 we got the better end of this deal big time.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead View Post
    I wouldn't have predicted this in a million years.
    Yes Siree !

Finally a move to a UFA with hopefully something left.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...en-bay-packers

Source: Julius Peppers joins Packers ... Updated: March 15, 2014, 9:28 AM ET (10 minutes ago)

ESPN.com news services

If Julius Peppers makes his last play as a Chicago BEAR on Aaron Rodgers (if John Kuhn) doesn't cut him down and allow AR to spring left to get off that nice toss to Randall Cobb...we don't see our beloved Green Bay Packers win the NFCN in 2013.

I believe this move may well be significant. This move also makes more sense of the BJ Raji resigning.

Damn it doesn't take a lot to keep some of us packer fans happy/excited. It doesn't take much to give the SPIRIT of we really have some hope now to Packer nation.

Nice move Ted Thompson and damn it if you don't drive me to distraction some times.

Packerrats (and I'm a fan that doesn't need to apologize for being the Packer fan I am ... and wants to win - win - WIN !) I never expected less of myself in any competition. . . . as a part of any past championship team effort. It's all about the journey towords a legitimate shot at winning and not necessarily needing to win. I just want the Green Bay Packers with Aaron Rodgers to be very significant in the NFC. Winning the NFCN isn't enough for me with a QB like Aaron Rodgers leading the Green Bay Packers.

Now Ted Thompson PLEASE address the Safety position and get us an ILBer with skills PLEASE :

Maybe it's my age because I don't have the time for that certain patience I used to have. The proof of that is the long ...way too long of a wait from Super bowl II to the Green Bay Packers third Super Bowl win ( January 26, 1997 and a win Vs New England ) and the next season fourth Super Bowl appearance ( January 25th, 1998 and a loss Vs Denver ) .

Ted Thompson and Julius Peppers. If this works out time will tell but today and for that chance. . .THANKS TT !

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I don't think its automatic that Peppers will be playing DE. The guy has built his entire career as an edge rusher, I don't think you'd drop big cash on him unless you were scheming to get him lining up on a tackle. Perhaps he'll be a giant OLB. That move has been known to extend some careers.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.