21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abbrederis

12 57.14%
  • Janis

9 42.86%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Abbrederis or Janis?

Abbrederis or Janis?

There is a great chance we only keep 5 WRs this season with Nelson, Cobb, Adams, and Boykins being locks. If YOU had to make the decision who would you pick? The pro ready hometown guy with some injury concerns or the small school athletic guy who has star potential but might be a season or two away.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Training camp eval then try to hide one on the PS until Cleveland comes knocking. Suspect Abracadabra will make it because he will know the offense and play smart football.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I doubt we'll be able to hide either player on the PS, I think it will come down to special teams. Abbrederis was the higher pick but Janis was projected to go higher, it will be a interesting battle for sure.

HIs head worries me. With the Packers approach to injuries, he is going to be on the sidelines a lot.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't know I'd call Boykin a lock, or so quick to write off Myles White. A big knock on White was his slight build, but after an off-season of work he's reported to have put on 10lbs and is a respectable 6' 190lbs now.

What's up with Saginaw Valley State, btw? If Janis makes the Packers, that's 2 players from there (Jeff Heath, Cowboys FS) in the NFL, you don't often see that out of a Div II team! Especially one who's most notable athletic achievement of late seems to be the USBC Men's National Collegiate Bowling championship!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Trust me Boykin is a lock and them taking three WRs in the draft tells you what they think about White or any of the other WRs on the practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Trust me Boykin is a lock and them taking three WRs in the draft tells you what they think about White or any of the other WRs on the practice squad.
    You might be right. Maybe they felt the need to upgrade that position over what they had so maybe we can keep both on the 53.

Abba Zabba and Myles White will do battle for the "lightest players in training camp". Both of them get knocked down by a stiff breeze and blow away never to be heard from again. The homer in me would like to see Abba Zabba make the team, but I'm not hopeful.

How come everyone laments about Abbrederis being a light weight at 6'1" and 195 lbs but not Janis at 6'3" and 219 lbs? I've seen pictures of both and they seem to be of similar build.

I was as surprised as any when the Packers took 3 WRs. I felt like 1 was good, then let the holdovers from last year, White, Gillett, Harper and Dorsey compete for the last spot. But we all know that you have to throw a few darts at the board to get a hit, I also remember the reaction to drafting Flynn in the 7th after taking Brohm with a 2nd round pick...
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I was as surprised as any when the Packers took 3 WRs. I felt like 1 was good, then let the holdovers from last year, White, Gillett, Harper and Dorsey compete for the last spot. But we all know that you have to throw a few darts at the board to get a hit, I also remember the reaction to drafting Flynn in the 7th after taking Brohm with a 2nd round pick...
    Well, with how horrid Brohm was it was a good thing we took Flynn later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    How come everyone laments about Abbrederis being a light weight at 6'1" and 195 lbs but not Janis at 6'3" and 219 lbs? I've seen pictures of both and they seem to be of similar build.
    Abbrederis has a history of conclusions and only put up 4 bench reps at the combine...lowest of all combine participants. Janis put up 20 bench reps and Ted said he had him ranked as the 2nd best athlete out of all the WRs in this draft.

Cobb and Nelson are both due for extensions next season, and it might be that we can only keep one...

Abby makes it on his kick and punt return abilities.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Just watched video from both their combines and they both had double catching the ball in the drills...smh.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Cobb and Nelson are both due for extensions next season, and it might be that we can only keep one...
    I think Boykin's contract will be up, too; although he will be a RFA. Even so, if they manage to sign both Cobb and Nelson to extensions, they might be happy to have another three still on their rookie contracts rather than paying what it might cost to keep Boykin under an RFA tender.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    What are the chances that he makes it out of camp not on IR?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Not a chance. He'll literally get torn in half.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I think 2" and 20+ lbs can make a lot of difference when comparing their bodies to those of the DBs they will be facing. Janis will be taller and heavier than a great many of the DBs he will face; Abbrederis, not so much.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    White will be praying to the god of skinny punks that he makes the roster. So will Abracadabra.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck