Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
With Pickett and Jolly gone, the D lineman are: Raji (couldn't sniff an important deal in FA), Daniels, Jones, Boyd, Guion, Worthy. That's not exactly murderer's row.

With Pickett, Jolly and Wilson, you had major run stoppers but no pass rush. Its not just Brad Jones versus a superstar D lineman leaving the field for Casey Hayward. Its much more about mixing and matching. They need someone to step up and create a problem for the offense, then you have room to force teams to do things they do not wish to do. Daniels stepped up big, they need one more.
So now you're contending that the LB's are junk, and the DL is junk??

Daniels was about the only player in the front six that was used properly!!

They only played base 20% of the time, 2-4 65% of the time, the rest I guess was some form of dime or psycho.

They should have played more base, which would have been made up of Wilson, Pickett, and Jolly - saving Raji, D. Jones, Daniels, and Perry for pass rushing situations. As it was, Raji wore down, Perry was misused, and Jones, et al were nagged by injuries.

Wilson never played, Pickett was misused, Raji overused and misused, etc.

As I've been saying, I give the players a huge pass on accountability - if I were playing in that front, I'd be demoralized too. After reading that article and seeing Trgovac's comments, I have to put him right up there with Capers for accountability. It would seem Trgovac and Capers are in agreement that the scheme has never been the problem; in their view, the players are the problem.

After reading that article I've now reversed my prediction that they will turn things around on defense - I now think we'll see more of the same. Trgovac basically said, "... it's all the fault of the players".

If he can't see that those guy were misused, then he needs to be sent packing - yesterday.