Wist, as frustrating as it might be to your wish for change on the defensive staff, I hope lessons have been learned and that schemes are truly adjusted to fit personnel, and that the defense holds up their end of the bargain. I'm sure as a fan, you'd take it as well, and if they truly have made adjustments to fit personnel and it works, they wouldn't possibly "go back". That improvement, should it come to pass, would put you in kind of a weird place as a fan who doesn't trust the leadership of the defense.

One thing we can all agree on is the fact that they need some better luck with injuries, which has been a factor; to what degree can be debated, but a factor for sure.

As a fan, you hate to continue to see the achilles heel of the team be the defense because with A-Rod, you know you are seeing a special player running the offense, and you know there are only so many opportunities. Will the D be better? If they can stay healthy, I think they can be better. They are not off to a great start with Perry, Neal and Worthy starting on PUP for the D. Hopefully none of them on the same list by the start of the season.