Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So if the defense is terrible again this season?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ahhh, the offseason where hope springs eternal.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

...they won't win the Super Bowl.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Packers Win the SB over Manning to Avenge the loss when they CHEATED!!!!

Hyde should be extended now for 5 years since he will be the best Safety in the NFC next year

Raji Dominates and is gone in the offseason to make it rain

CMIII is hurt again but only for 1 quarter

Peppers gets 15 sacks
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Packers Win the SB over Manning to Avenge the loss when they CHEATED!!!!

Hyde should be extended now for 5 years since he will be the best Safety in the NFC next year

Raji Dominates and is gone in the offseason to make it rain

CMIII is hurt again but only for 1 quarter

Peppers gets 15 sacks
    Not sure if serious...

Whatevs guys, TT's hitting idkfa this year.

if we're bad again it's on tt for keeping capers and drafting for o in 2014.

Last edited by Pugger; 06-10-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    If we don't upgrade at safety and our D struggles there again all of packerrats should call Ted Thompson a complete dipshit for missing the boat AGAIN at that position
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    If we don't upgrade at safety and our D struggles there again all of packerrats should call Ted Thompson a complete dipshit for missing the boat AGAIN at that position
    nope, it will be injuries fault. nick collins injury to be exact. from 3 years ago

i base this on the fact that i heard it a few times this offseason as to why our d sucked last year, and the year before

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    nope, it will be injuries fault. nick collins injury to be exact. from 3 years ago

i base this on the fact that i heard it a few times this offseason as to why our d sucked last year, and the year before

On offense we've went long spells without several key players due to injury and we were just fine. Now w/o AROD we're screwed and we know that. But when AROD was there think of some of the injuries we've overcome and stayed well above water.

We're much better and deeper......... on that side of the ball.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

On offense we've went long spells without several key players due to injury and we were just fine. Now w/o AROD we're screwed and we know that. But when AROD was there think of some of the injuries we've overcome and stayed well above water.

We're much better and deeper......... on that side of the ball.
    and some would argue that with all the first and second round draft picks that are on the defense, we should be pretty deep there too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    and some would argue that with all the first and second round draft picks that are on the defense, we should be pretty deep there too
    Worthy is either lazy, a bad fit, or has been both so far. Perry belongs in a 4-3 and "before" the draft many in here noted that more than once. Either we're making sub par picks or not developing players on the DL

Sorry about wasting this bandwidth.
    Last edited by Pugger; 06-10-2014 at 10:42 AM.

4 years ago it was CB, then O-line, then HB, and now S....you guys do realize every team in the NFL has a weakest. Can't have pro bowlers at every position and while I agree he does need to upgrade the position the man is far from a dipshit just because we don't win the Super Bowl every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    4 years ago it was CB, then O-line, then HB, and now S....you guys do realize every team in the NFL has a weakest. Can't have pro bowlers at every position and while I agree he does need to upgrade the position the man is far from a dipshit just because we don't win the Super Bowl every season.
    How about simply advancing to the NFC Championship game as we saw with the R. Wolf; M. Sherman; T. Thompson / B. Favre era.

The Brett Favre - Ron Wolf; Mike Sherman and Ted Thompson era (1992 - 2007 or 16 Seasons) produced Four (4) NFC Championship games and two (2) NFC Champonships under Green Bay Packers GM Ron Wolf and Brett Favre (1992 - 2007).

Vs:

The Ted Thompson era 2005 -2013 or nine (9) Seasons = One (1) NFC Championship game and one (1) Championship.

Is Ted Thompson wasting Aaron Rodgers outstanding skill set?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    How about simply advancing to the NFC Championship game as we saw with the R. Wolf; M. Sherman; T. Thompson / B. Favre era.

The Brett Favre - Ron Wolf; Mike Sherman and Ted Thompson era (1992 - 2007 or 16 Seasons) produced Four (4) NFC Championship games and two (2) NFC Champonships under Green Bay Packers GM Ron Wolf and Brett Favre (1992 - 2007).

Vs:

The Ted Thompson era 2005 -2013 or nine (9) Seasons = One (1) NFC Championship game and one (1) Championship.

2 NFC Championship games. Pay attention.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Fish in a barrel.

Vs:

It seems that you're muddling Brett Favre's career into your TT vs Wolf comparison.

Wolf was GM for 9 seasons. His postseason record: 1992 missed; 1993, 1994 lost in divisional; 1995 lost NFCC; 1996 won SB; 1997 lost SB; 1998 lost WC; 1999 missed; 2000 missed
    Ted Thompson has been GM for 9 seasons. His postseasons: 2005, 2006: missed; 2007: NFCC; 2008: missed; 2009: lost WC; 2010 won SB; 2011 lost div; 2012 lost div; 2013 lost WC.

Both made the playoffs 6/9 times as GM. Both had 1 SB victory, 1 lost NFCC, 2 divisional losses, and 1 WC loss. The main difference is that Wolf made it to a second Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    It seems that you're muddling Brett Favre's career into your TT vs Wolf comparison.

Wolf was GM for 9 seasons. His postseason record: 1992 missed; 1993, 1994 lost in divisional; 1995 lost NFCC; 1996 won SB; 1997 lost SB; 1998 lost WC; 1999 missed; 2000 missed
    Ted Thompson has been GM for 9 seasons. His postseasons: 2005, 2006: missed; 2007: NFCC; 2008: missed; 2009: lost WC; 2010 won SB; 2011 lost div; 2012 lost div; 2013 lost WC.

Both made the playoffs 6/9 times as GM. Both had 1 SB victory, 1 lost NFCC, 2 divisional losses, and 1 WC loss. The main difference is that Wolf made it to a second Superbowl.
    Wolf saw his Packers make it to three consecutive NFC Championship games and winning two to go to the Super Bowl from 1995-98. Then Brett Favre was arguably the best football player on the planet and winning or sharing (1997 - with Detroit LIONS RB Barry Sanders) three consecutive NFL MVP's backs that fact up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFC_Championship_Game
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Vs:

I think they went to another NFC championship under TED, or was I dreaming about Favre's last game?