Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: So if the defense is terrible again this season?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    If we don't upgrade at safety and our D struggles there again all of packerrats should call Ted Thompson a complete dipshit for missing the boat AGAIN at that position
    Excuses ....we'll get.... excuses.
    We'll see.... excuses.... more... excuses.
    Excuses .....marvellously invented excuses.
    The best excuses .....ever..... seen.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ Worthy, like everyone else, was injured. Even though it's right on cue, it is really difficult to assess the defense with all those guys hurt.

It would be nice if we could just toss Capers into a burlap sack, beat him with reeds, and have the whole defense fixed, but it's probably not that simple.

But, this is getting repetitive. I'm gonna take a pass on this subject from now 'til camp....
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

So if what I'm reading is correct,

Injuries do not matter. It's an all or nothing proposition. If all 11 starters on D miss 8 games this year, the D should still be good no matter what. Anyone that says injuries are a factor is an idiot homer.

Does this about sum it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    So if what I'm reading is correct,

Injuries do not matter. It's an all or nothing proposition. If all 11 starters on D miss 8 games this year, the D should still be good no matter what. Anyone that says injuries are a factor is an idiot homer.

Does this about sum it up?
    Yup.

injuries happen in football, deal with it

and most of the major injuries last year happened to guys on the offense, and the offense still ranked 3rd in the entire NFL in yards and 8th in points per game

the defense lost their #3 cb, their OLB (and best player for about half a year), and a situational d-lineman (worthy). others might have missed a game or two for some bumps and bruises. but for the most part this unit was intact minus their best player for half a year.

they still ranked as one of the worst in the nfl

on offense, the until lost its best player (rodgers) for half the year, and the backup QB for the year. their #2 WR (cobb) for 2/3rds of the year, the top TE for for 2/3rds of the year. the starting LT or RT for whole season (bulaga), the other possible starter at tackle, or at least top backup (sherrod) for the whole season. their top RB (lacy) for a couple games, and some games missed by other guys here and there for bumps and bruises

if any unit should have sucked because of injuries it was the offense, yet they managed to overcome the injuries to still rank near the top
    Last edited by red; 03-26-2014 at 09:33 AM.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    TT has gone all out IMO. I'm happy with what has happened. If it goes sour then goodbye Capers cuz I think TT is writing his swan song and wants a spectacular finish.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    TT has gone all out IMO. I'm happy with what has happened. If it goes sour then goodbye Capers cuz I think TT is writing his swan song and wants a spectacular finish.
    Except that TT needs to come up with a Safety. Maybe it's Hyde. Maybe it's someone else. But it's not Capers' fault that M.D. Jennings was terrible.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

i don't know, i already see a pretty big excuse for capers not being fired next offseason

its because he and m3 tried to tinker with the D and "it just didn't work out, no ones fault, they tried something new, and it didn't work yet, these things take time to adjust to"

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i don't know, i already see a pretty big excuse for capers not being fired next offseason

its because he and m3 tried to tinker with the D and "it just didn't work out, no ones fault, they tried something new, and it didn't work yet, these things take time to adjust to"
    I'm starting to think that MM had about had it with Capers, and demanded some changes in the way players are utilized. I think this may be Capers' last chance.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm starting to think that MM had about had it with Capers, and demanded some changes in the way players are utilized. I think this may be Capers' last chance.
    haven't we been saying for years now that m3 has had to have had it with slocum, and the he "has to be his last chance", only for him to fail but still keep his job?

i won't believe capers is in danger of being fired until maybe a month or 2 after he actually gets fired

i just don't think m3 can fire anyone, i brought it up during the season. in order to get rid of capers and slocum, we might have to get rid of M3, or threaten to fire m3 if he does can those guys

and i don't think TT is capable of doing that to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    haven't we been saying for years now that m3 has had to have had it with slocum, and the he "has to be his last chance", only for him to fail but still keep his job?

i won't believe capers is in danger of being fired until maybe a month or 2 after he actually gets fired

i just don't think m3 can fire anyone, i brought it up during the season. in order to get rid of capers and slocum, we might have to get rid of M3, or threaten to fire m3 if he does can those guys

and i don't think TT is capable of doing that to be honest
    Maybe we should be directing our ire about Capers in McCarthy's direction instead of TT seeing Mike is the one who hires and fires assistants.

Blog Entries
    Obviously you will be in the excuses crowd.

TT will draft his safety, one to fill the emptiness Collins left in his and our football luvin hearts.

Actually, no, McCarthy leaning on Capers to play less scheme and more players plus the acquisition of a player (type) requested by the coordinator is a different level of pressure than Slocum has experienced.

The only time it might be comparable would be his first year when another ST coordinator described his wacky schemes as "unique" and "potentially unsound". He dialed it back the following year.

I would say Capers is under some strain.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It called draft and develop. TT found the gems, its up to MM to develop them. Give it time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    It called draft and develop. TT found the gems, its up to MM to develop them. Give it time.
    Welcome to the forum!

Ok now that the pleasantries are out of the way....
    TT's action say he does not plan to be around too much longer. His talent has developed, some has left but there is a strong core to add pieces to and have some well placed rookies in. Think it's why Caper avoided the chopping block. TT doesn't want to blow it up, he wants to work with what he has built for his final run as GM IMO.

Welcome to the forum!

Ok now that the pleasantries are out of the way....
    TT's action say he does not plan to be around too much longer. His talent has developed, some has left but there is a strong core to add pieces to and have some well placed rookies in. Think it's why Caper avoided the chopping block. TT doesn't want to blow it up, he wants to work with what he has built for his final run as GM IMO.
    Say its not so. TT is the face of this organization. He saved us from cap hell. won a Superbowl. Showed the NFL how to draft. Makes us a contender every year. I pity Packer life after TT.

Say its not so. TT is the face of this organization. He saved us from cap hell. won a Superbowl. Showed the NFL how to draft. Makes us a contender every year. I pity Packer life after TT.
    I like this guy!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I like this guy!
    And Red rails on us as TT apologists.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Is life under TT any better than life under Ron Wolf ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Is life under TT any better than life under Ron Wolf ?
    Its about the same. Both won a SB. Wolf's teams appeared in 3 conference championships (lost in '95) and TT 2 . Wolf won 3 division titles and TT 4. We got to a second SB with Wolf but we all remember how that one ended.