Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: So if the defense is terrible again this season?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Ok now that the pleasantries are out of the way....
    TT's action say he does not plan to be around too much longer. His talent has developed, some has left but there is a strong core to add pieces to and have some well placed rookies in. Think it's why Caper avoided the chopping block. TT doesn't want to blow it up, he wants to work with what he has built for his final run as GM IMO.
    Say its not so. TT is the face of this organization. He saved us from cap hell. won a Superbowl. Showed the NFL how to draft. Makes us a contender every year. I pity Packer life after TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Say its not so. TT is the face of this organization. He saved us from cap hell. won a Superbowl. Showed the NFL how to draft. Makes us a contender every year. I pity Packer life after TT.
    I like this guy!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I like this guy!
    And Red rails on us as TT apologists.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

yeah, new guys gonna fit right in around here

satin give me strength

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yeah, new guys gonna fit right in around here

satin give me strength
    Yes sir!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Is life under TT any better than life under Ron Wolf ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Yes sir!

damnit it

but this worked out just fine

If the defense doesn't improve, Capers will be gone. I think that writing is on the wall from McCarthy's actions this offseason (e.g. taking more interest in the defense and not just giving Capers free reign).
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Its about the same. Both won a SB. Wolf's teams appeared in 3 conference championships (lost in '95) and TT 2 . Wolf won 3 division titles and TT 4. We got to a second SB with Wolf but we all remember how that one ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I remember life under Mike Sherman... A punter in the 3rd round????

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I remember life under Mike Sherman... A punter in the 3rd round????
    and not even a good punter. a punter that was out of the nfl within a year

if you're gonna take a punter in the third, he damn well better be the punting equivalent of jesus

this sums up bj sanders. his career long punt......

53 yards, no joke

then when they DID get an all-world punter (hentrich) they let him get away.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    damnit it

but this worked out just fine
    She can't be a Gabacha, look at the hips. They don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Yes sir!

So now when I go to church tomorrow, and the pastor starts rambling about "satin" I'll just have a goofy grin on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    So now when I go to church tomorrow, and the pastor starts rambling about "satin" I'll just have a goofy grin on my face.
    Tomorrow is opening day...God forgives us for missing church on opening day.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Tomorrow is opening day...God forgives us for missing church on opening day.
    i haven't been to church in at least 10 years, but i think i would rather go to church then to watch fucking baseball

Welcome and refreshing to hear after the gloom and doom of this thread. Is TT perfect, nobody is, are there better GM's in the league, several many would argue, but is TT one of the better GM's - absolutely.

Maybe a thread topic should be a ranking of the GM's in the NFL to put TT's accomplishments into perspective (good or bad). Outside of the Giant's and Steelers winning two Super Bowl's, I don't believe any team has won more than once since TT's arrival in 2005. Thus Jerry Reese and Kevin Colbert would have to be ranked highest. However the Giants appear to be feast or famine depending on which way the wind is blowing for Eli and the Steelers are in cap hell as of late.

Outside of that, the 49ers (Trent Baalke), Seahawks (John Schneider - TT disciple), and Belichick (Patriots) really no other GM comes to mind. Baalke has never won a SB, Schneider just won his first and so is par with TT now and Belichick although dominate in the years ago hasn't won a SB in a decade now.

At a minimum this leaves TT top ten and at least in my eyes, top five. Does he get a free pass for past laurels now, but this whining about his ability and inability to have the nuts to fire Capers seems forced.

Anyways, my soap box is done now.
    60% of the time it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding View Post
    Welcome and refreshing to hear after the gloom and doom of this thread. Is TT perfect, nobody is, are there better GM's in the league, several many would argue, but is TT one of the better GM's - absolutely.

Maybe a thread topic should be a ranking of the GM's in the NFL to put TT's accomplishments into perspective (good or bad). Outside of the Giant's and Steelers winning two Super Bowl's, I don't believe any team has won more than once since TT's arrival in 2005. Thus Jerry Reese and Kevin Colbert would have to be ranked highest. However the Giants appear to be feast or famine depending on which way the wind is blowing for Eli and the Steelers are in cap hell as of late.

Outside of that, the 49ers (Trent Baalke), Seahawks (John Schneider - TT disciple), and Belichick (Patriots) really no other GM comes to mind. Baalke has never won a SB, Schneider just won his first and so is par with TT now and Belichick although dominate in the years ago hasn't won a SB in a decade now.

At a minimum this leaves TT top ten and at least in my eyes, top five. Does he get a free pass for past laurels now, but this whining about his ability and inability to have the nuts to fire Capers seems forced.

Anyways, my soap box is done now.
    Take out 49ers Trent Baalke and insert Ozzie Newsome from the Ravens.

Blog Entries
    I'd agree that TT is hands down top ten
    But don't buy for a second that we cant' find a good replacement so that is why I referenced Ron Wolf and implied we might be just fine after TT goes some day

I don't view Wolf or TT as one being much better than the other; I think they were both very good GM's with altering strategies and comforts for taking risks
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?