Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eagles Cut DeSean Jackson

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That was a very strange player. Did the same thing happen to him on the Cowboys?
    Parcells used her differently in Dallas. He never had her run patterns across the middle where she could get 'hurt.' Mostly just sideline, fly and post patterns.

Still, if the Packers could handle prima donnas like Glenn and Rison, bet MM could handle Jackson.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Is he any worse than Andre Rison? Doubt it. And even though he's injury prone!, he probably won't get injured every time he's tackled, like Terry Glenn.
    I always forget about TG's time with the Packers. I remember looking forward to his playing for GB, and I didn't think he had an awful season (just checked, 56 catches for 817 yards) and he played in 15 games. I wonder why they soured on him so quickly? I think they traded him away for a 6th rounder, but not sure.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I always forget about TG's time with the Packers. I remember looking forward to his playing for GB, and I didn't think he had an awful season (just checked, 56 catches for 817 yards) and he played in 15 games. I wonder why they soured on him so quickly? I think they traded him away for a 6th rounder, but not sure.
    If he had 56 catches he has at least that many concussions and came off the field for a play or two each time. Remarkable healing ability, actually.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Have to admit, the thought occurred to me, along with the thought that no way TT brings him on board.
    He'd be one heck of a dynamic addition to the offense, with him, Jordy, and Cobb in the slot. I think they think he's not Packer people and would be bad in what is otherwise a pretty good locker room. With all the rookies they bring on the roster, I'm not sure you'd want to expose them to someone like Desean.

I didn't think Terry Glenn was bad, but he did get banged up a lot and let me feeling a bit underwhelmed. I don't recall there being a lot of good WR options on the GB roster at the time (I could be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I didn't think Terry Glenn was bad, but he did get banged up a lot and let me feeling a bit underwhelmed. I don't recall there being a lot of good WR options on the GB roster at the time (I could be wrong).
    Driver and Ferguson. Javon Walker was a rookie, he's probably the reason they decided they didn't need Glenn after all.
    --

Yeah, DeSean Jackson is anti-Packer People. Putting aside whatever goes on with Desean outside of football - gang stuff, drugs, whatever....the guy is a PITA. Every other year he was bitching about wanted to get paid more and threaten to hold out...blah, blah, blah.

No doubt his ability is top notch, but do you want to sacrifice your locker room? I'm not surprised in the least that the Redskins are first to seek him out. That team is notorious for signing a player for their abilities and looking the other way at "who" they are signing.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    She wasn't hurt. But she was a pretty good actor. Didn't like crossing routes - the anti-Driver.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 40m
    On DeSean Jackson's 3-year, $24M deal with Washington, $16M is fully guaranteed and he will make $8M this season.

I wonder, if like a college athletic conference or a church, if his gang gets a cut?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Gangs are somewhat tribal

Man, the stupidity just keeps on comin' in Washington. You're bringing a guy who is at the least a semi-head case to a team with weak leadership - a third year QB still trying to find his way, and a rookie head coach.

That should just about torpedo that team. Washington is like Cleveland, but with money.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

NJ.com says Eagles had nothing to do with Jackson gang story

“The conspiracy theories surrounding the story are comical,” Shorr-Parks writes. “NJ.com uncovered Jackson’s ties to alleged gang members through its own reporting. The Eagles played no part in NJ.com’s investigation. When asked about Jackson’s alleged gang ties, "team officials said they were unaware of the ties and would not comment.”
    It goes almost without saying that either nj.com or the Eagles lied at that point. Its clear from reporting that nj.com had a team source. They reveal no other reporting that lead them to the police officer who interviewed Jackson about the murder in which his friend/associate was suspected. It could be any number of people one step removed from the team payroll (member of security service, agent of front office folks, former execs, etc.). Indeed the piece reports (unattributed) that the team was worried about his off the field behavior.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Man, the stupidity just keeps on comin' in Washington. You're bringing a guy who is at the least a semi-head case to a team with weak leadership - a third year QB still trying to find his way, and a rookie head coach.

That should just about torpedo that team. Washington is like Cleveland, but with money.
    Jay Gruden is going to have to suck it up.

This is shaping up to be more than a rookie coach can handle.

I think this whole deal might blow the Skins up for a few years.

I think the hiring of Gruden and the signing of Jackson were both good moves for the Skins. I don't think they are a playoff team yet with their defense but their offense will definitely be fun to watch next year. Healthy RG3, pro bowl RB, WR corps of Jackson, Garcon, and Roberts and stud TE Jordan Reed....thats a top 10 offense right there.

Been waiting for more on this, and very little being said. The Eagles as an organization is being very close-mouthed. Nick Folk came out and said he had no problem with Jackson, and understands the NFL is a business. Maybe that really is the reason - final accounting, from what I've seen, is that the Eagles have $6M in dead money from him, but save 6.75M in cap space in 2014. Maybe he was just overpriced that that's all.
    --

This one has some more Desean detail including that the 'cc' nomenclature in his record label Jaccpot is a common way to avoid using 'ck' in a name. In the culture of gangs, CK apparently is interpreted for Crip Killer, something someone who needs forbearance from or perhaps sympathizes with that particular gang might avoid.

Nothing in the piece though in new information, it still, to me, looks like a Chip Kelly decision to remove a potential headache.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...bc3_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This one has some more Desean detail including that the 'cc' nomenclature in his record label Jaccpot is a common way to avoid using 'ck' in a name. In the culture of gangs, CK apparently is interpreted for Crip Killer, something someone who needs forbearance from or perhaps sympathizes with that particular gang might avoid.

Nothing in the piece though in new information, it still, to me, looks like a Chip Kelly decision to remove a potential headache.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...bc3_story.html
    Forbearance is of central importance among gang discussion topics

Chip Kelly?
    Colin Kaepernick?