Thread: The Shadow Predicts.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    But does that 40 time mean he is already as good as he is going to get?
    maybe

but would you rather get a player you know is already good, or take a guy later that MIGHT, with a lot of things going right, turn out to be as good as him someday, but faster

i think he could still get a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    maybe

but would you rather get a player you know is already good, or take a guy later that MIGHT, with a lot of things going right, turn out to be as good as him someday, but faster

i think he could still get a bit better
    Thonpson on the other hand probably wants some upside in the first round or he is trading back. Getting a pro ready guy in the first round is a Schottenheimer move to playoff futility if they can't be something more.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Thonpson on the other hand probably wants some upside in the first round or he is trading back. Getting a pro ready guy in the first round is a Schottenheimer move to playoff futility if they can't be something more.
    Think AJ Hawk...

I really don't think - and I hope he doesn't - that Ted will trade up to get a guy he thinks will be merely a solid if unexciting pro.

In a deep draft, and in a draft-and-develop system, I don't think Ted will trade up unless he thinks the guy he's getting is the next Nick Collins. This year, Ted's got two thirds - a luxury for him - plus two fifths (insert liquor joke here), and my thinking is that he'll just draft his spots and use those extra picks.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack