Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Shadow Predicts.....

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Other than Hayward and Lacy, Daniels has a shot, and there are a lot of potential guys who are too young/have too long an injury history to tell yet: Neal, Perry, Bakhtiari, Jones, Hyde. Andrew Datko will not be a pro bowler.
    None of those listed really strikes me as the type of player that will rise above. They all may be good football players, but the only one I think has the potential there is Jones. And not because he flashed the pro-bowl potential (except the singular play where he walked the LT back for a sack), but because Dline can take a while to shine. Daniels, I think, will be roughly Cullen Jenkins level: not quite probowl, but still really good. Maybe I'm being wistian in my assessment of the potential talent of the draft picks aside from Lacy and Hayward, but outside those two, no player has come in and lit up the field since Clay.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I thought Luke Kuechly won DROY in 2012 (AP) (Did Hayward get a different award?)
    Hayward didn't win it

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    None of those listed really strikes me as the type of player that will rise above. They all may be good football players, but the only one I think has the potential there is Jones. And not because he flashed the pro-bowl potential (except the singular play where he walked the LT back for a sack), but because Dline can take a while to shine. Daniels, I think, will be roughly Cullen Jenkins level: not quite probowl, but still really good. Maybe I'm being wistian in my assessment of the potential talent of the draft picks aside from Lacy and Hayward, but outside those two, no player has come in and lit up the field since Clay.
    It's especially hard to tell, because Capers misuses everyone!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'm still waffling about the draft like a Swedish schoolgirl.
    I NOW am convinced that Jimmie Ward is TT's guy.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I'm still waffling about the draft like a Swedish schoolgirl.
    I NOW am convinced that Jimmie Ward is TT's guy.
    Then if you hear the words every Packer fan has become used to during the Packers pick (on tape delay, after the commercial):

"We have a trade ..."

And Ted drops back into the 2nd, you know you have it right.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Then if you hear the words every Packer fan has become used to during the Packers pick (on tape delay, after the commercial):

"We have a trade ..."

And Ted drops back into the 2nd, you know you have it right.
    If he trades his 21 for, say picks 36 and 68 and takes Jimmie Ward at 36 I'd probably be ok with that. I think he's a reach at 21 and there will be better values on the board but if he's looking for R2/R3 quantity picks and doesn't blow them a la Patrick Lee/Brian Brohm I'd be ok. Lots of depth in this draft.

And yet -- if TT trades down with the players likely still on the board at 21, I'll be wondering (aloud, with colorful language) what TT is thinking/doing.

This is probably why I will not be tuning in real-time on draft night.

After watching tape of LB Max Bullough, I am impressed. Has a bit of old-school Ray Nitschke, Dick Butkus vibe.
    Like him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    After watching tape of LB Max Bullough, I am impressed. Has a bit of old-school Ray Nitschke, Dick Butkus vibe.
    Like him a lot.
    Some of Nitschke's worst days, and the Packers in general back then were spent chasing Tarkenton. Nowadays, half the teams have Tarkenton-types. Point being: I don't want somebody like Bullough when we face Kaepernick, Wilson, or Griffin. I want somebody like Shazier at ILB. That is compounded by the fact the Packer ILBs have a lot of coverage responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Some of Nitschke's worst days, and the Packers in general back then were spent chasing Tarkenton. Nowadays, half the teams have Tarkenton-types. Point being: I don't want somebody like Bullough when we face Kaepernick, Wilson, or Griffin. I want somebody like Shazier at ILB. That is compounded by the fact the Packer ILBs have a lot of coverage responsibilities.
    As someone who remembers watching Tarkenton escape a sure sack, run fifteen yards, then dance daintily out of bounds, I have to agree. I don't want another lumbering inside linebacker. I want speed.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

What if the stout lumbering guy takes Hawk's position as Mack and let's Hawk run wild at Buck? New big guy would be responsible for taking on a Guard or FB/TE and Hawk would be expected to clean up on the tackles.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What if the stout lumbering guy takes Hawk's position as Mack and let's Hawk run wild at Buck? New big guy would be responsible for taking on a Guard or FB/TE and Hawk would be expected to clean up on the tackles.
    excuse me, what's a FB?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

excuse me, what's a FB?
    That's the offensive version of a lumbering oaf.

Ok, the waffling is officially over.
    My last prediction for the draft : the Packers will select Eric Ebron (if he's on the board) or a WR.

I think that this would be true, but I also think Ebron will be gone by the time the Packers pick.

I think TT either sits tight and picks someone we all argue about, or trades back.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    If he trades his 21 for, say picks 36 and 68 and takes Jimmie Ward at 36 I'd probably be ok with that. I think he's a reach at 21 and there will be better values on the board but if he's looking for R2/R3 quantity picks and doesn't blow them a la Patrick Lee/Brian Brohm I'd be ok. Lots of depth in this draft.

And yet -- if TT trades down with the players likely still on the board at 21, I'll be wondering (aloud, with colorful language) what TT is thinking/doing.

This is probably why I will not be tuning in real-time on draft night.
    Your perceiving a possible trade down with the Washington Redskins and maybe as it appears to be of late in some mocks; FS Hasean "Ha Ha" Clinton-Dix - Alabama slipping all the way to the Packers NO. 21 pick. Washington has need at Safety (Ha Ha Clinton-Dix), OG - (maybe?) Xavier Su'a-Filo UCLA and RT (and that's a wait and see at current pick NO.34). If I was deciding what to do with Pick NO. 34. I'd wait and see where the board stood with one of:

OT's :Cyrus Kouandjio - Alabama or Morgan Moses - Virginia or JaWuan James - Tennessee

also fast rising OG - Joel Bitonio - Nevada should be in play.

If TT trades down with anyone of the following on the board he's IMO acting "Chicken Shit" with that maneuver:

FS Hasean Clinton-Dix - Alabama

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...an-clinton-dix

LBer Ryan Shazier - Ohio State (over friendly with say Bill Belichick and the NE Patriots. Come on Teddy take the cream.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...7/ryan-shazier

WR Brandin Cooks - Oregon State ...See also WR's

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../brandin-cooks

There's also going to be these prospects in play at Pick NO. 21:

DT's *Louis Nix - Notre Dame and Timmy Jernigan - Florida State

WR's - Margise Lee - USC and Allen Robinson - Penn State and SIZE in play.

As well solid CB's (maybe?) Justin Gilbert - Oklahoma State or Kyle Fuller - Virginia Tech.

Maybe? Ted Thompson loves Jason Verrett -TCU.

I hope that Ted Thompson shows the parts to select the very BPA at Pick NO. 21.

To go with the best CREAM.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-06-2014 at 06:04 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau