Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
If Ted and the coaches like Richardson's measurables this could be the reason we didn't pursue a S in FA and why they might not trade up for Dix or Pryor?
I don't think they'll trade up to take a safety in R1 unless it was for an absolute stud. I don't see that from HaHa or Prior. Then again, I'm no scout.

I look at it this way: if they traded up to 15 and HaHa, Prior and Ebron were there, I'd prefer they take Ebron. I do think they will draft a safety, maybe two, but I think it will be someone more like Jimmie Ward in R2 or Reynolds/Johnson/Boston in mid-late rounds. If your punter is awful, you don't take one in R1 because it's a pressing need...TT isn't gonna chase a safety unless it's a no-brainer.

If Richardson's measurables are comparable and they think he will get better they'll look at other spots instead in R1. No idea if Banjo will bring anything either. There's too much depth in this draft to give up picks, I don't think TT will give up swings at the plate if the pitches in the late rounds look good. 4 picks in the top 100 or whatever will get them somebody to push Hawk/Jones, the WRs, and Quarless, and sort out the S situation, while still giving TT a chance to shore up the depth on DL and OL. BPA all the way.