Thread: The Shadow Predicts.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It's likely more than just his measurables, at least as far as signing a FA. In the last 7 games of 2013, Richardson played 150 snaps on defense. Jennings started the games, but played just 165 snaps. The coaches should have a good feel for how Richardson performed in comparison to Jennings in the same games against the same players. They should have a feel for how much better Richardson might be than Jennings, and whether it was worth a substantial cap investment in another safety.

I do expect (and hope) they draft a safety relatively high.
    then i look at this and ask the same question i have about sherrod. if the coaches liked what they saw from richarson, then why wasn't he starting, or getting more reps, not just splitting them 50/50

jennings had no future with the team at the end of last season, if coaches thought richardson was the future, then why wasn't he getting even more snaps?

jennings had set a pretty low bar to jump over

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    then i look at this and ask the same question i have about sherrod. if the coaches liked what they saw from richarson, then why wasn't he starting, or getting more reps, not just splitting them 50/50

jennings had no future with the team at the end of last season, if coaches thought richardson was the future, then why wasn't he getting even more snaps?

jennings had set a pretty low bar to jump over
    Asked and answered. MM absolutely hates (his history shows) taking a guy who has had little practice time and isn't an experienced veteran and inserting him midway through the season. He doesn't believe that such a player can be in position/know his role well enough. The only reason Richardson saw the field at all is due to Jennings et all doing their Richard Pryor on sunset avenue imitation every game.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Richardson got cleared on November 13th. He had not practiced in a year, wasn't a part of the defensive installations, etc. It's surprising he even split time down the stretch, but that was more because Jennings was so awful.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson