Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Shadow Predicts.....

The Shadow Predicts.....

Ted will swap a 3rd round position to move up to nab Clinton Dix.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I think I'd be ok with trading up for HaHa... if its ok to make a prediction of my own?
    I think if TT trades that 3 to move up its because he's going for Ebron... Ebron takes our offense to a different level... then I think he'll take a S in the 2nd or with the comp 3rd...

however I'd prefer TT go S in the 1st and keep both 3rds if at all possible...
    the draft I'd love to see, rd. 1 - Pryor rd. 2 ILB like maybe Preston from Louisville... he and Pryor have some experience together maybe it would help them both being able to work together... with my rd. 3 picks I'd love to have TE CJ Federwhatever from Iowa and WR Abberdaris(sp?) from Wisconsin in whatever order it works to get both... maybe go C in the 4th rd, any chance Martin falls? prolly not... anyway thats my prediction for a draft with no trades...
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Ted will swap a 3rd round position to move up to nab Clinton Dix.
    Oh gosh, a fs with 4.6 speed....... I don't like it. There is on position I love seeing pure speed atore than any other, and it's free safety. I loved seeing qbs throw up balls thinking there was no way in hell Collins would get over only to find out after, he got over. Earl Thimas, Ed Reed in his prime, Collins....... Today's fs are best when they're fast!!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

4.35 -4.39.......that's what I like. And not just fast, instinctive, tackling machines with ball skills and work ethic!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Oh gosh, a fs with 4.6 speed....... I don't like it. There is on position I love seeing pure speed atore than any other, and it's free safety. I loved seeing qbs throw up balls thinking there was no way in hell Collins would get over only to find out after, he got over. Earl Thimas, Ed Reed in his prime, Collins....... Today's fs are best when they're fast!!!
    Is he actually that slow or is that a bad combine performance? Does he actually cover ground effectively on tape?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think TT would have to trade up to the 13 spot to get Dix. Bears need a Safety as bad as the Packers do. TT would probably have to trade his 2nd to move up that far.

Justin, Ed Reed ran a 4.57 at the Combine. Earl Thomas ran a 4.43 and a 4.37 at his Pro Day. Not all great Free Safeties are as fast as Collins was.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I think Ted sees a fast, ballhawking FS is the missing piece - and will do what is necessary.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Is he actually that slow or is that a bad combine performance? Does he actually cover ground effectively on tape?
    IMO he plays fast on tape; he's smart and he's the ballhawk safety of this years draft

He's very different than Prior. With Prior he's decent to the ball and a kick ass tackler who likes aying the wood on people.

If you want your safety to intercept passes and have great ball sense (compared with Byrd) Haha is your guy. If you want an intimidating all around safety who you can run blitz and send after the QB Prior is the guy.

Everybody has these guys rated 1 and 2. The Eagles apparently crave the safeties...as do the Bears. Ravens as well. There are a ton of teams with needs at safeties.

I'm an Ebron guy; after Ebron I'd be fine with either safety or Mosley.....but I lean toward the safeties.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think TT would have to trade up to the 13 spot to get Dix. Bears need a Safety as bad as the Packers do. TT would probably have to trade his 2nd to move up that far.

Justin, Ed Reed ran a 4.57 at the Combine. Earl Thomas ran a 4.43 and a 4.37 at his Pro Day. Not all great Free Safeties are as fast as Collins was.

I'm not sure I trade up to get the safety. I think there will be some nice safeties there in round 2 or 3 if we don't nab one early.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I was studying the safety prospects in the draft and came away a bit unimpressed by them. Then, I looked up Sean Richardson's combine results.

Richardson: 4.52 in 40, 22 reps on bench, 38.5" vertical, 10'8" broad jump, 7.01 in 3 cone
    Clinton-Dix: 4.58 in 40, 11 reps on bench, 33" vertical, 9'11" broad jump, 7.16 in 3 cone
    Pryor: 4.58 in 40, 18 reps on bench, 34.5" vertical, 9'6" broad jump

Dude has outstanding measurables. The bio on him was fascinating.

Richardson has elite size and speed, and to be entirely frank, this is about all he is bringing to an NFL team as he enters the NFL draft. Fortunately for him, those two traits are highly regarded for the safety position, especially for rookies who will likely serve as backups and on special teams early on. The name of the game for Richardson will be his ability to learn an NFL defense and develop his skills across the board.

STRENGTHS Richardson runs extremely smooth and fast, although he doesn't get to full speed often. When he does, he could compete with the fastest in the league at his position. He has strong ball skills, and when he puts these two traits together, Richardson is an impressive safety. He has the natural ability to start in the NFL if he can shore up different technical weaknesses he has.

WEAKNESSES Sean is, remarkably, mostly a box safety who rarely was given the opportunity to cut it loose on the back end at Vanderbilt. Although he runs around blocks often and is a drag-down tackler, he should be able to play early on in the box in the NFL. He has some serious issues in man coverage, as he was undisciplined in the few exposures he had in college, which could have been a major reason why such an athletic frame was playing so sheltered in the box. He struggled when put in zone coverage, as well, and has a long way to go before his alignments and all-around skill sets are up to par with his athleticism.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    What did the game film say on Richardson ??

Bretsky how stoked would you be if the Packers took Borland late?
    C.H.U.D.

I absolutely think the Packers need a Safety in the first round. Most of the mock drafts I've seen have both Prior and Clinton-Dix still there at #21, so no need to trade up. The other top item we need is an ILB. I don't see Borland available "late". I'd like to see the Packers get him in the second round. I really don't want to see the packers trade down - like Thompson so often does. We need quality more than quantity. I don't see any urgent need for a TE or Center or other O-Line help or D-Line. I'd rather see us double up on Safety and ILB with the two third round picks than go for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Read the bio I posted, and it gives you a pretty good idea of what the game film showed. At Vandy, he played in the box because he needed a lot of work on his coverage skills. Athletically, he was at or near the top of his class. I forgot to add a link to the bio. It was from nfl.com.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Bretsky how stoked would you be if the Packers took Borland late?
    VERY STOKED
    But I think he'll go before our round 3 selections.
    Smash mouth football player...John Offerdahl....Zach Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Search KYPack on Richardson for game commentary. His comments on SR's play in Packer games was eerily in line with that bio. Physically a marvel, but a little lost in coverage.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I was studying the safety prospects in the draft and came away a bit unimpressed by them. Then, I looked up Sean Richardson's combine results.

Richardson: 4.52 in 40, 22 reps on bench, 38.5" vertical, 10'8" broad jump, 7.01 in 3 cone
    Clinton-Dix: 4.58 in 40, 11 reps on bench, 33" vertical, 9'11" broad jump, 7.16 in 3 cone
    Pryor: 4.58 in 40, 18 reps on bench, 34.5" vertical, 9'6" broad jump

Dude has outstanding measurables. The bio on him was fascinating.
    If Ted and the coaches like Richardson's measurables this could be the reason we didn't pursue a S in FA and why they might not trade up for Dix or Pryor?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If Ted and the coaches like Richardson's measurables this could be the reason we didn't pursue a S in FA and why they might not trade up for Dix or Pryor?
    It's likely more than just his measurables, at least as far as signing a FA. In the last 7 games of 2013, Richardson played 150 snaps on defense. Jennings started the games, but played just 165 snaps. The coaches should have a good feel for how Richardson performed in comparison to Jennings in the same games against the same players. They should have a feel for how much better Richardson might be than Jennings, and whether it was worth a substantial cap investment in another safety.

I do expect (and hope) they draft a safety relatively high.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It's likely more than just his measurables, at least as far as signing a FA. In the last 7 games of 2013, Richardson played 150 snaps on defense. Jennings started the games, but played just 165 snaps. The coaches should have a good feel for how Richardson performed in comparison to Jennings in the same games against the same players. They should have a feel for how much better Richardson might be than Jennings, and whether it was worth a substantial cap investment in another safety.

I do expect (and hope) they draft a safety relatively high.
    then i look at this and ask the same question i have about sherrod. if the coaches liked what they saw from richarson, then why wasn't he starting, or getting more reps, not just splitting them 50/50

jennings had no future with the team at the end of last season, if coaches thought richardson was the future, then why wasn't he getting even more snaps?

jennings had set a pretty low bar to jump over

to me, haha is the most complete all around safety in the draft. although he's a bit slow, he runs fast in pads and anticipates well to make up for any lack of speed

he also, like ward, wraps up when he tackles, where pryor and a lot of the others are just big hitters