Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Green Bay Packers 7 Round Mock Draft 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    The mocks I've been reading don't even have him going in the first. Ha Ha was the only safety in the first. So based on some mocks I've seen, he could be available. I still don't know if he's a good fit for GB though. If he's picked and isn't all-pro... !!!!!
    CBSSportline, all four guys have him going in the 1st round, ranging from #14 to #29.

I like Pryor a lot, and would be okay with him at 21.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    The mocks I've been reading don't even have him going in the first. Ha Ha was the only safety in the first. So based on some mocks I've seen, he could be available. I still don't know if he's a good fit for GB though. If he's picked and isn't all-pro... !!!!!
    What do you mean? The guy has dreads, hes a lock to get picked by us.

And how they feel playing at Lambeau during the winter....

Last edited by Brandon494; 04-08-2014 at 12:35 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    What a dredful lineup!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Come on man its a Packers board.......SAY CHEESE!!!!!

Those were some different times for dental science.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries
    The more I read about the draft ...the more I like your above picks
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I like the odds of your first two picks happening.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=xpqoax

Dominating computer GMs is pretty fun.
    Last edited by smuggler; 04-15-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I like the odds of your first two picks happening.

I'm a bit of a pre draft addict. I've developed some views due to listening to way way too many mock drafts. I too would LOVE those first two picks
    but
    I don't think the top two safeties make it past the Bears. There are just way too many teams needing this position and these two guys IMO are going to get premium value placed on them. Plus, I pegged Prior and Ebron many montage ad Ted doesn't embrace my predictions.......

In addition, I don't think there is any way Ebron or Mosely fall either. I can see the big slugs falling but I don't want them. I don't want the big #2 TE either. He just looks awkward like Bubba Franks

I can see a few nice values at WR at 21 but I'd be slightly surprised to see TT go there.

I'm at a pointe there I'd be at peace with Ryan Shazier out of OSU as a legitimate OLB in the 3-4 to team up with Matthews.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

I'm at a pointe there I'd be at peace with Ryan Shazier out of OSU as a legitimate OLB in the 3-4 to team up with Matthews.
    Blackhawk! Man he's tiny for an OLB. Chicago might take him first. If they don't take a DL.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Blackhawk! Man he's tiny for an OLB. Chicago might take him first. If they don't take a DL.
    He would play ILB for us and I actually think there is a good chance we do pick him. CJ Mosley isn't falling to us and the two top safeties could be off the board as well. The guy has excellent speed to cover and run the zone blitz, he'll be a guy you would never have to take off the field. I know hes no where near as good but he could play a Patrick Willis type role for us with his athleticism.

Good scouting video on the Shazier

Yeah guys like Shazier or Telvin smith would play on the inside for us.

Blog Entries
    At worst Shazier puts Brad Just a Jag Jones the bench forever which greatly improves our defense. He'd be a sneaky pick if TT could find somebody wanting to trade up a few spots so TT moves down a few and gets another pick.

Or you just take him at 21. I've never completely bought in to "having" to get draft value. I don't mind a slight reach where we're at as long as you draft somebody who is going to be productive. . for a QB. At 21 the BPA might very well be a WR if the draft plays out like I think it would. I have no problem grabbing a WR there............but Shazier in reality helps up win sooner a lot more than a WR. And I think if need be he can play outside LB as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Yeah guys like Shazier or Telvin smith would play on the inside for us.
    Thought I read somewhere that Telvin Smith goes about 215-220 and doesn't want to switch to Safety. Shazier bulked up to about 235 and kept his speed. Smith has to get bigger. Capers is going to want his ILB at least 230-240; otherwise just bring in a DB.

Was not a big fan of Shazier but I admit to having watched zero OSU games this year and being biased against the typical athletic OSU LB. I might get talked into him (or Smith in a late round) as a good pick eventually.
    I certainly won't claim to be a college football expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    At worst Shazier puts Brad Just a Jag Jones the bench forever which greatly improves our defense. He'd be a sneaky pick if TT could find somebody wanting to trade up a few spots so TT moves down a few and gets another pick.

Or you just take him at 21. I've never completely bought in to "having" to get draft value. I don't mind a slight reach where we're at as long as you draft somebody who is going to be productive. . for a QB. At 21 the BPA might very well be a WR if the draft plays out like I think it would. I have no problem grabbing a WR there............but Shazier in reality helps up win sooner a lot more than a WR. And I think if need be he can play outside LB as well.
    Agree Hawk/Jones pair needs upgrading. I think if there's a similarly ranked player at another position they might go there instead of ILB. They have Lattimore and Barrington waiting in the wings and I think they'll push for time. If Mosley or Shazier is there they will take a long look at them though.

I don't think anyone -- not even TT himself -- knows what name TT will write on that R1 card. Could be Mosley, Nix, Prior, Shazier, Odell Beckham (a dark horse IMO, he'd at worst be the #4WR and return kicks) among others. It depends on how the draft board falls. TT's gonna go BPA and I'm ok with that. Drafting for need can get teams into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Drafting for need can get teams into trouble.
    "did someone mention my name?"

Yea drafting for need never works out...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    "did someone mention my name?"
    I assume that's Brohm and not Hasselbeck, but don't see where either was a need pick?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...