Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Report: Giants “reached out” to Matt Flynn

Report: Giants “reached out” to Matt Flynn

TT better make up his mind soon and if he wants flynn at all make him a offer, I cant see why he hasnt made him one yet as of now we dont have a reliable backup other than Flynn. http://http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/11/report-giants-reached-out-to-matt-flynn/

He probably just wants the sweet, sweet comp pick next year.... the old cheapo.

How do you know he hasn't made Flynn an offer?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by wpony View Post
    TT better make up his mind soon and if he wants flynn at all make him a offer, I cant see why he hasnt made him one yet as of now we dont have a reliable backup other than Flynn. http://http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/11/report-giants-reached-out-to-matt-flynn/
    Where the hell have you been? Good to see you.

The Giants are looking for a mini-camp backup since Eli has had surgery. It could be a very short term proposition. Packers job is still attractive.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I would assume there is a standing offer of something slightly over the vet minimum, say $1M/year to Flynn, and he's been told that if he doesn't get something better by the time mini-camp opens it's there for him.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I hope you're right... Flynn coming in off the street last year saved our bacon by the skin of our teeth with 2 come back Ws... With an actual offseason to work with the offense even with it being minimal would do wonders in the event the unthinkable happened part deux (knocking on wood)... I'd think he'd be much more ready to take on a more formidable opponent(s).
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Your right I dont know if he made Flynn a offer or not seems usually when a offer is made somebody leaks it to the press . Its just as a long time Packer fan I just remember those really lean years before the magic man LOL hit green bay we have been spoiled with good QBs since then but Arods injury brought all those memories back, Please TT sign Flynn for a insurance plan

..... Its just as a long time Packer fan I just remember those really lean years before the magic man LOL hit green bay we have been spoiled with good QBs since then but Arods injury brought all those memories back, Please TT sign Flynn for a insurance plan
    Lynn Dickey??????

Wrong. Tolzien is a better QB than Flynn. With a full training camp, that will be obvious. Just let Flynn go and take a few more $million from some other team.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Wrong. Tolzien is a better QB than Flynn. With a full training camp, that will be obvious. Just let Flynn go and take a few more $million from some other team.
    Until I see proof of that in a game, I would like to see Flynn back there. If they want to keep a 3rd string developmental guy around, fine, but the Pack have too good a team right now to be squandered because they don't have a QB for 4-5 games. That was a heck of a case study we saw last season. Keep Flynn around, he won't be that expensive.
    --

Reach out and touch
    Matty Flynn's hand.
    Make this world a better place,
    if you can.

Reach out, reach out and touch someone.
    Reach out, reach out and just say "hi."

It'd be just like Ted to coolly go ahead and have a fairly untested JAG like Tolzien as his top backup this year.

Though I do think he'll spend a fifth or sixth rounder on a no-name QB.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I agree that Tolzien has a better arm than Flynn but I can't imagine there are a lot of teams clamoring for Matt's services. IMO there is a reason why Flynn is still unsigned by anybody. He had his moments in games last year but he wasn't all that hot in others.

Tolzien may eventually be a better QB (he has a better arm) but he wasn't last year. A lot depends on what McCarthy sees in the offseason workouts.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tolzien may eventually be a better QB (he has a better arm) but he wasn't last year. A lot depends on what McCarthy sees in the offseason workouts.
    He was very close to terrible at times last year. If he's the #1 backup...well let's just hope we don't have too look at the backups other than in a few blowouts.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    A back up QB is like the girl at bar close...not close to as good as you want but better than nothing

Tolzien is better and will prove it when he has a full camp. I would imagine TT told Flynn to bring him an offer and he will match it if it is sane.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Lynn Dickey??????
    David Whitehurst, Vince Ferrigamo, Randy Wright, Anthony Dilwig, Don Majkowski, Blair Kiel....Jim fucking McMahon.

Feel free to mention any embarrassments I missed.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Kimberly Jones ‏@KimJonesSports 13m
    Josh Freeman & Matt Flynn expected to work out for NYG tomorrow. Both to arrive in town today.

No, I don't know who Kim Jones is, but every other NFL beat writer has retweeted this info.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    David Whitehurst, Vince Ferrigamo, Randy Wright, Anthony Dilwig, Don Majkowski, Blair Kiel....Jim fucking McMahon.

Feel free to mention any embarrassments I missed.
    Hey, Majkowski was actually pretty good and fun to watch, before he got hurt. And Lynn Dickey was good, too - on a different team he might've put up better numbers.

Don't forget TJ Rubley, though!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    And Lynn Dickey was good, too - on a different team he might've put up better numbers.
    He was every bit as good as - or better than - Dan Fouts
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Kimberly Jones ‏@KimJonesSports 13m
    Josh Freeman & Matt Flynn expected to work out for NYG tomorrow. Both to arrive in town today.

No, I don't know who Kim Jones is, but every other NFL beat writer has retweeted this info.
    They better ask for a decent signing bonus, because odds are they are just looking for an arm to get them through OTAs while Eli heals up. I'd expect the Giants to continue to try and develop Nassib.
    --