Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Report: Giants “reached out” to Matt Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    So what are the Packers gaining by gambling with the back up position again? If not Flynn, who? Please don't say Tolzien as he sucks ass, Flynn isn't great but he isn't terrible. I wouldn't be surprised to see TT bring Jamarcus Russel in just because he's cheap.
    You lose credibility with that last sentence. Russell is so far gone he couldn't walk on to a major college team anymore.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    If Flynn goes elsewhere, Tolzien will get first look, with some 7th rounder stashed on the practice squad. The Packers like Tolzien's arm and are planning that a full off season and QB school will make him a decent backup. They had figure out quickly if Tolzien won't cut it so they can bring in a street vet in time to learn the system, just as long as he is not Seneca the elder.
    I think the newest CBA makes an offseason QB school illegal.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    They can still have one, but it is shorter, more compressed. Players can't handle footballs at team facilities until mid-April, when OTA's start. McCarthy started with QBs in early March previously. Same for kickers and punters. No footballs allowed at team facilities before the start of organized team activities in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    They can still have one, but it is shorter, more compressed. Players can't handle footballs at team facilities until mid-April, when OTA's start. McCarthy started with QBs in early March previously. Same for kickers and punters. No footballs allowed at team facilities before the start of organized team activities in April.
    And it doesn't mean that M3 can't give Tolzien plenty of offseason homework .
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Because obviously an athlete can never be better or more mature than he was in college??
    "did someone mention my name?"

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    "did someone mention my name?"

But his teammates say he is calmer and lines up the D better than when he was in college.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Not quite, QB's can still throw:
    Apart from the minicamps, the offseason program has three phases. Phase One, two weeks in length, consists of strength and condition and rehab exercises only. Coaches can’t be involved, other than strength and conditioning coaches. Footballs aren’t permitted, except that quarterbacks can throw to receivers as long as they aren’t covered.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uts-on-monday/

QB school may be reduced, but it is still possible.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Apart from the minicamps, the offseason program has three phases. Phase One, two weeks in length, consists of strength and condition and rehab exercises only. Coaches can’t be involved, other than strength and conditioning coaches. Footballs aren’t permitted, except that quarterbacks can throw to receivers as long as they aren’t covered.
    As long as they aren't covered? So they have to run naked routes?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    As long as they aren't covered? So they have to run naked routes?
    it's kinda like pro-day. And yes, they can only run skinny posts and naked bootlegs.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I do believe Tolzien will eventually move up to the number 2 qb but he needs alot more reps first and to live in the film room for another year then see how he plays