Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flynn a Packer

CutlerquitRat HOFer

Flynn a Packer

According to Adam Schefter Tweet.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
    QB Matt Flynn reached agreement with the Packers.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Ted, you crazy FA spending nutcase.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I guess he had enough arm strength to sign a contract.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Man he is like Snyder now!!! Ugh TT signing washed up Vets and not building through the draft!

The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I hope this goes down as the most unnecessary move of the offseason.

To be fair, the Pack would only receive a compensatory pick for Flynn if he signed elsewhere. So TT very well could have given up a compensatory 7th rounder or given up nothing to sign Flynn. There goes the next BJ Coleman, Lawrence Guy, CJ Wilson, Brad Jones, or Matt Flynn.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I thought, because he is a mid year signing, we wouldnt get anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    To be fair, the Pack would only receive a compensatory pick for Flynn if he signed elsewhere. So TT very well could have given up a compensatory 7th rounder or given up nothing to sign Flynn. There goes the next BJ Coleman, Lawrence Guy, CJ Wilson, Brad Jones, or Matt Flynn.
    For what he brought to the Pack last season, I'm giving up a 7th in a heartbeat. And considering the FA rampage TT has gone on this year, the Pack is not likely to get any compensatory picks at all next year!

Seriously, this is a pretty low risk signing. They can still bring in Tolzien, and if they like him better by the end of camp they can let Flynn go - I assume his signing bonus is sub 6 figures, so the cap impact would be pretty minimal.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Just like the Brad Jones signing, just like the Raji signing, it isn't so much about the money. It's about the fact that the Packers would be better off without Flynn than with him. Hopefully, Tolzien gets at least as many reps in camp as Flynn and wins the job. Hopefully they can still cut Flynn if that happens. It will be a damn shame if Flynn is just awarded the backup job over Tolzien.

Not sure how we would be better off without Flynn, I'm guessing you didn't watch one game last season after Rodgers went down?

Tolzien is a scrub btw, I hope we draft a rookie to replace him if we do keep 3 QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Not sure how we would be better off without Flynn, I'm guessing you didn't watch one last season?
    I've said several times, Tolzien with a full training camp is a MUCH better option than Flynn. Hopefully Rodgers stays healthy, and this is all irrelevant, but if we did have a situation like last year, having Flynn play would be worse than having a well trained Tolzien or some other physically better QB with adequate training to play. Signing Flynn makes the bad more likely than the good.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I've said several times, Tolzien with a full training camp is a MUCH better option than Flynn. Hopefully Rodgers stays healthy, and this is all irrelevant, but if we did have a situation like last year, having Flynn play would be worse than having a well trained Tolzien or some other physically better QB with adequate training to play. Signing Flynn makes the bad more likely than the good.
    Tolzien had a whole camp with SF. He didn't start until week 8 and looked terrible when he did get in. He was inaccurate. He made bad decisions. Flynn had 2 weeks of practice with the team after signing and looked light years better. I have no idea if Tolzien will get better, but currently he is much much worse.

Blog Entries
    Getting another QB for camp may happen, but Tolzien flat out stunk last season.

Flynn saved our bacon by keeping the team alive til Rodgers could come back.

Did they beam the Packers games into Texas last season, er what?

Just like the Brad Jones signing, just like the Raji signing, it isn't so much about the money. It's about the fact that the Packers would be better off without Flynn than with him. Hopefully, Tolzien gets at least as many reps in camp as Flynn and wins the job. Hopefully they can still cut Flynn if that happens. It will be a damn shame if Flynn is just awarded the backup job over Tolzien.
    I figured these references were all aimed towards "forcing themselves to get better" instead of keeping the same ol', same ol'. I get that angle for Flynn, but not so much the others. Flynn's a back up. Let's force them to improve their backups. Keep the starters. If you find someone better, make that "starter" a former starter.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Smart move by TT. Darft a QB late if a heartthrob drops into the Packers lap and see how the chips fall. If he gets cut so what.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    considering the FA rampage TT has gone on this year, the Pack is not likely to get any compensatory picks at all next year!
    The Packers have not signed any players that would impact the comps they would receive for next year's draft. They'll be getting some kind of compensation for James Jones, EDS, and CJ Wilson. They won't get anything, more than likely, for either MD Jennings or Newhouse.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    They won't get anything, more than likely, for either MD Jennings or Newhouse.
    I could see the NFL taking away one of the Packer's picks for unloading Outhouse on Cincy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck