Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Decent Q&A Article with Clay

Decent Q&A Article with Clay

Lots of information on the injury and his thoughts on Peppers.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...njury/7777927/
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Did he say anything about drafting more pro bowlers?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Did he say anything about drafting more pro bowlers?
    Nope. He thinks the defensive front seven is going to be pretty lights out with just the returning players, APRH.

I am the one who wants more drafted probowlers.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

One nice quote.

Q: It's an interesting time to be an NFC North pass rusher. Peppers goes from the Bears to the Packers. Jared Allen goes from the Vikings to the Bears.

A: I saw something on the Internet: 'Hey, is Clay coming to Minnesota?' No.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Did he answer this question......"What's the level of confidence in your defensive coordinator, Dom Capers?"

I didn't see it.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Did he answer this question......"What's the level of confidence in your defensive coordinator, Dom Capers?"

I didn't see it.
    He might not have but Dom got a vote of confidence from Brad Jones during the Tailgate Tour:

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod Apr 15
    Brad Jones expects competition at ILB like any other year. Battled injuries, has faith in Dom and excited for Peppers and hybrid D
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rand, can you translate this to English?

Q: What are these three sets of stitches up your forearm?

A: It's called a tendon transfer. I broke it (the first time), and they did a closed-pin reduction. (The thumb) was dislocated, so they put it back in there. The bones line up, but it was a real small piece of the bone. So, everything was fine. I was coming out, I was working hard, and I was in a cast. And unfortunately, on a sack of (Ben) Roethlisberger (on Dec. 22), the tip of my thumb (hit) my teammate's helmet. All that pressure went down the cast, broke it again. So then, to make it tighter, we took part of the tendon, turned it around, drilled some holes and they almost tied a knot through. It's stronger than (the left one). Now it's super tight.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Good grief:

Nick Perry was doing well (until) he had a freak accident where someone landed on his ankle and broke his heel bone.

With Matthews, it sounds like they used a tendon that attaches near the thumb, and has another attachment up the arm. Disconnect up the arm, turn it around and anchor it on the broken thumb to generate strength (this seems extreme, weird and unlikely). More likely, they moved a tendon from the neighboring finger (which has two) and anchored that. The hole they drill is probably to allow the thing to get to the other side to anchor so it's stronger (they do this in ACL surgery) - or to get the proper movement of the thumb when the muscle attached to the tendon fires. I'll ask someone who's actually done this to illuminate...

The weird thing is that after tendon transfer you have to retrain your mind to work the thumb by thinking about extending your index finger, I believe (assuming it is the extensor tendon that was transferred).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Nick Perry was doing well (until) he had a freak accident where someone landed on his ankle and broke his heel bone.
    Did that happen in the conference room?

With Matthews, it sounds like they used a tendon that attaches near the thumb, and has another attachment up the arm. Disconnect up the arm, turn it around and anchor it on the broken thumb to generate strength (this seems extreme, weird and unlikely). More likely, they moved a tendon from the neighboring finger (which has two) and anchored that. The hole they drill is probably to allow the thing to get to the other side to anchor so it's stronger (they do this in ACL surgery) - or to get the proper movement of the thumb when the muscle attached to the tendon fires. I'll ask someone who's actually done this to illuminate...

The weird thing is that after tendon transfer you have to retrain your mind to work the thumb by thinking about extending your index finger, I believe (assuming it is the extensor tendon that was transferred).
    OK, I can see how this aids strength. But how was his strength going to be impaired in the first place?

Did the second injury mean his thumb would not return to 100% or did it do additional damage that needed to be addressed?

OK, I can see how this aids strength. But how was his strength going to be impaired in the first place?

Did the second injury mean his thumb would not return to 100% or did it do additional damage that needed to be addressed?
    I'm guessing he ruptured his extensor tendon with the second injury

I'm guessing he ruptured his extensor tendon with the second injury
    Shoulda kept the club.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post

I didn't see it.

Q: The Packers ranked 25th in yards allowed and tied for 24th in points allowed last season. What's the level of confidence in your defensive coordinator, Dom Capers?

A: Everybody's excited about our defense and what we're capable of. The injuries and some shortcomings here and there — it's been our Achilles' heel for a few years now. But we've always led the league in one category. We'll lead the league in sacks but give up the most yards. We'll have the most turnovers, but have the most (of something else). We need to operate on all cylinders. When you have an offense with Aaron Rodgers and those guys over on that side who are going to score at minimum, at least 24 points a game — I'm being (conservative) — you expect your defense to take care of their end of the bargain.

There ya go.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    There ya go.
    lol, nice stock answer. You'd think his lawyer wrote it. What's he supposed to say, "We're doomed I tell you, doomed!"
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

While they had him out, they should have given him super hamstrings also.

His wrist and forearm now doubles as a guitar.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    His wrist and forearm now doubles as a guitar.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    lol, nice stock answer. You'd think his lawyer wrote it. What's he supposed to say, "We're doomed I tell you, doomed!"
    Maybe more like "We're Dom'd I tell you, Dom'd!"

Let me try:

It was really fucked up and the doctor got creative and we are claiming its full go, but no one has a clue what a procedure like this will end up doing.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.