i don't really see where a "shot" was taken at anyone

heres the actual question from the chat

Vic, it seems the Packers place a high emphasis on character during their selection process, as can be shown by the tremendously low arrest rate. This seems like a simple strategy to sustain success, yet, it seems more of a rarity in the NFL than the standard. What other teams are as committed to personal character?

Nobody wants a locker room full of criminals. All teams place a premium on character. Draft picks are too valuable to waste on guys in jail. It’s all a matter of where you draw the line. Some teams are a little more willing to gamble on a guy with some issues in his past. Santonio Holmes was one of those guys, and those issues eventually caught up to him with the Steelers, but not before he won a Super Bowl MVP. Aldon Smith had some red flags when he was coming into the draft, and it might be catching up to him just as it did with Holmes, but the 49ers have gotten a pretty nice return from their investment in Smith. Where do you draw the line? Every team has to answer that question in its own way. George Young said it’s not a game for the well-adjusted, and I am a George Young devotee. I don’t need a locker room full of choir boys. My line has some loops in it.

its a valid question and topic. where is the line? smith has been caught up in some minor mishaps, he's not out killing dogs or people, or raping chicks. so does the distraction of his numerous minor mishaps warrant the team giving up on his talent? or does his talent level force the team to keep him at the risk of future larger mishaps?

vics really not saying taking a shot at smith or the 49ers but asks a general question based on talent level and off field distractions