Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Yea, I get the subtle diff. Point is that the individual pictured has been a complete asshat and nobody is disputing that. Giving visual aids to enhance an answer doesn't strike me as a big thing. As an organization you gain a reputation based on the totality of things. As a whole I think the niners are a bunch of assholes and it starts with their narcissistic coach. If they don't like the picture, stop drafting morons. I wouldn't have any problem with a picture of Jolly when discussing guys from bad neighborhoods that have trouble breaking free. (Did I even come close to spelling narcissistic correctly?)
I agree that a picture doesn't convey everything about an org yet it can convey a particular problem the org has. I just found it amazing the Packers would even step into the kind of situation.

ESPN has this debate all the time when reporting on player mis-behavior. The fact that an NFL team used that photo was interesting, if not remarkable. In ESPN's case, I think the photo of the uniform is a double edged sword. Yes, it can tell you about a franchises current state and should be fair game, but a decision needs to be made whether the report is about the team or the individual.

For the Packers, its like gossiping about your own company's problems. You just don't want to get caught up in it.