Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Still Hope to get Clinton-Dix

Still Hope to get Clinton-Dix

Several mock drafts a couple of weeks ago had Clinton-Dix available at #21. More recently, most people seem to think he will be gone. This article: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/c...d.html/?ref=YF indicates that it is unlikely he will go through #16 anyway. The only team talked about as having Safety as a high priority is the Bears, and they supposedly need a Corner more. I suppose it is still a fairly long shot, but I see Clinton-Dix as the most similar to Nick Collins a ball hawk and a coverage guy.

Nick Collins had a 4.36 40 and 40" vertical. HaHa runs a 4.57 40 and has a 33" vertical. Athletically, they aren't very similar. HaHa's measurables are very similar to Micah Hyde.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I'll be surprised if Ha-Ha or Pryor fall past #15. Of course anything can happen and some GM will pick a player nobody thought was going in the first and either could fall to us but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Nick Collins had a 4.36 40 and 40" vertical. HaHa runs a 4.57 40 and has a 33" vertical. Athletically, they aren't very similar. HaHa's measurables are very similar to Micah Hyde.
    Makes you wonder if the next Nick Collins exists in this draft at all.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I don't see the top FS in the draft lasting to #21. Even if it's a reach, I think someone will take HHCD in the top 20.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Makes you wonder if the next Nick Collins exists in this draft at all.
    I knew the draft being moved back was a bad idea. Fritz is getting metaphysical in his draft prep.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't see the top FS in the draft lasting to #21. Even if it's a reach, I think someone will take HHCD in the top 20.
    If I may quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    CBS NFL Draft Scout has five current mocks up (4 of 5 done in last week).

All have the Rams taking a safety. Kirwan has the Vikings grabbing Dix. One guy has the Bears grabbing the other top safety (Prior in that case). One has Ravens picking the second safety (Dix). One has Cardinals picking him (Pryor). Will Brinson has the most out of date one (4/10) and he has the Paclers taking Ward at 21 and Prior falling out of Round 1.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft
    You would need all but one of the Rams, Vikes, Bears, Ravens and Cardinals to bypass a safety to have a Top 2 guy be there at 21.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't want Dix.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I don't want Dix.
    I prefer bush over Dix.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    J'll take Dix over what we have now any day of the week. Ditto for Prior. Dix ain't fallin IMO
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I'd rather have a stud at another position over HaHa or Pryor. I'd even take Jimmie Ward over those guys. I think both of those guys are overrated. Or wait on a Brock Vereen later and roll with a guy like that and Hyde.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    I'm not sold that the top 2 rates are not studs; but I'd take Ward as well at 21.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The players I'd take over Pryor and perhaps HaHa. I'd probably take one of the safeties over any of the QBs, RBs, Hageman, or Nix.

WR Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks, Marqise Lee
    TE Eric Ebron
    OT Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan
    OG/OT Zach Martin
    OLB Jadeveon Clowney, Khalil Mack, Anthony Barr
    ILB C.J. Mosley, Ryan Shazier
    CB Justin Gilbert, Bradley Roby, Darqueze Dennard
    S Jimmie Ward

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I prefer bush over Dix.
    We still talking about football right?

I want Terrence Brooks. Nick Collins II

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...errence-brooks
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post

Yup I think hes the third best safety after Haha and Pryor, wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd round after taking Ryan Shazier in the 1st. Both players obviously fill a need but would also bring much needed speed to our defense.
    Last edited by Brandon494; 04-21-2014 at 11:26 PM.

I like Pryor, Ward, and Clinton-Dix well enough to consider in the first round.

Another DB I like is Bradley Roby.

I'd be okay with any of those DB's, but if it came down to Clinton-Dix at that spot, I like all the others ahead of him.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Yup I think hes the third best safety after Haha and Pryor, wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd round after taking Ryan Shazier in the 1st. Both players obviously fill a need but would also bring much needed speed to our defense.
    That would be an exciting first two rounds of the draft, for sure!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post

I'm fine with him as well but IMO he's gone by pick 2; he got in trouble at FSU classes for brining his IPAD to class and studying game film. He's a studier with a lot of talent
    and don't discount

Ed Reynolds either. Play making ballhawk who was one yard short of the all time NCAA record for return yardage off of INT's. Most have Reynolds going in round 3

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that position gets overdrafted cause so many teams out there need another safety

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'm fine with him as well but IMO he's gone by pick 2; he got in trouble at FSU classes for brining his IPAD to class and studying game film. He's a studier with a lot of talent
    and don't discount

Ed Reynolds either. Play making ballhawk who was one yard short of the all time NCAA record for return yardage off of INT's. Most have Reynolds going in round 3

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that position gets overdrafted cause so many teams out there need another safety
    This is kind of my theory on the upcoming draft, too. I think we will get the "backside" of a run of a position.

If there is a value guy at 21, TT will take him. If the S's go on a run, we get a WR. The WR's go off the board, we get a shot at a decent safety. It looks like the QB's might run also. If there is a good QB at 21, Thompson may pull the trigger on that guy.