Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Still Hope to get Clinton-Dix

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ I'd give you more rep, but I have to 'spread the wealth' apparently.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Under Wolf, the Packers had the best backup QBs in the history of football. You mention Brooks, but also Detmer, Brunell, Hasselback, Bono, Pederson and Warner. Go back to 1992, and the Lions, Bears and Viking combined can't boast better starters than those "backups".
    I just checked and the Brett Favre backup's in your post combined for a total of 6 TD's as Green Bay Packers.

Ty Detmer had 1 TD; Mark Brunell had 2 TD's and Matt Hasselbeck had 3 TD's.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I just checked and the Brett Favre backup's in your post combined for a total of 6 TD's as Green Bay Packers.

Ty Detmer had 1 TD; Mark Brunell had 2 TD's and Matt Hasselbeck had 3 TD's.
    Its not lost upon me that the NFL's longest consecutive game QB would have backups that got little to no playing time. My point was that they all turned out to have productive careers. If TDs are your yard stick, Brooks had 123, Detmer 34, Brunell 184, Hasselback 201, Bono 62, Pederson 12, Warner 208. Some would consider all of them better backups than Graham Harrell (0), BJ Coleman (0) or Seneca Wallace ((31)Zero with the Packers).

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I don't need TT to draft someone that will be trade bait someday, ala Ron Wolf. Kinda liked that about Wolf, but don't think TT needs to copy him in that respect. I like the idea of having a guy like Flynn who has game experience, but likely won't get another real shot at a starter's job. I also like having a third QB who is developmental, like a Tolzien or even another undrafted QB to push Tolzien, and then push Flynn. TT and MM was taking the backup job too lightly, but finally got it right.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

when was the last time TT traded anyone away? drafting a guy to turn into trade bait down the road only makes sense if you actually trade the guy before his time on the team is up

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Trades just aren't that common. The QB spot is so key and so fragile that if you have the chance to draft a guy you think can be a high quality NFL starter, you draft him, and then pray you don't need him before his contract is up.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    when was the last time TT traded anyone away? drafting a guy to turn into trade bait down the road only makes sense if you actually trade the guy before his time on the team is up

Franchise of Corey Williams...to trade him for a 2nd....
    and with that second round pick.....BRIAN BROHM
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Nice shirt Ha Ha