Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Packer Offense, Offseason Discussion 2014

Packer Offense, Offseason Discussion 2014

Mike Clay ‏@MikeClayNFL 2h
    Packers completed NFL-best 58% (11 of 19) passes 30+ yards down field last season.

Bombs away. Play Cover 1, I dare you.

Of course, would be good to come up with plan to defeat Cover 2.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Packers offense took a number 2 vs the Cover 2
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packers completed NFL-best 58% (11 of 19) passes 30+ yards down field last season.

Don't you, forget about me.....

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

[IMG]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/31MG]
    Couldn't produce enough leverage to help offense versus San Fran. Need to be able to pass against it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Couldn't produce enough leverage to help offense versus San Fran. Need to be able to pass against it.
    you haven't seen them together now, have you?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

We have a plan...its just doesn't work.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

you haven't seen them together now, have you?
    I should have referenced Lacy only in my response. But Lacy/Harris is not a leap above Lacy/Starks. Unless you think M3's plans for Harris include a lot of screens. That might help.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Finley was at times effective against the Cover 2 because when he was going right, he was a match-up problem for a defense. Addressing the TE position with someone who can create mismatches in the middle of the field would help tremendously against that D. I still remember DuJuan Harris slipping out of the backfield to help move the chains when he was making an impact in 2012, so that would be a welcome weapon. This is kind of how I thought they might use Jonathan Franklin when they drafted him.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Did somebody say #2???

Don't you forget about ME!!

Ummm....Tried to insert a picture of Najeh Davenport here, but the "insert image" icon didn't work.

But you get the idea. Laundry hampers, all that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I should have referenced Lacy only in my response. But Lacy/Harris is not a leap above Lacy/Starks. Unless you think M3's plans for Harris include a lot of screens. That might help.
    yup. Thought stubby might intentionally inverse the passing tree a little more (check down to touchdown). And run it. Lacy and Starks are for running. Harris was to be our Sproles.

The way I see it, we got away too much last season from the pass first concept that has made the Packer offense dominant in the Rodgers era. Great that we have decent RBs now, but we still should NOT force the issue with a run first mentality. Use Lacy, Starks, and Harris as a change of pace, and let Aaron be Aaron. That plus a slightly improved defense is the formula for winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Finley was at times effective against the Cover 2 because when he was going right, he was a match-up problem for a defense. Addressing the TE position with someone who can create mismatches in the middle of the field would help tremendously against that D. I still remember DuJuan Harris slipping out of the backfield to help move the chains when he was making an impact in 2012, so that would be a welcome weapon. This is kind of how I thought they might use Jonathan Franklin when they drafted him.
    All true in 2009 and 2010 before his knee injury. Not so much after that. Specifically said he preferred running crossing routes than heading down the seam last year.

Retweeted by Jason Wilde
    Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt Apr 21
    In GB, frustrated w/poor attendance due to location, I started making offseason wkout bonuses standard part of comp package. Changed.

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt Apr 21
    Had one player tell me: "Andrew, I don't care how much workout bonus, I'm not coming to GB this time of year." Money talked, he did.

There are a sting of photos available on Packers.com showing the Packers on the first day of offseason workouts. Normally not noteworthy, but I thought this photo was begging for some photoshopping. Times like this I wish I knew how...

No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I thought that blue and yellow thing was his cast. Phew.

I hope they spent the first hour stretching those hamstrings.

I'm on board with trying to get A-Rod to check down a little more quickly against the cover-2. How many times have you seen John Kuhn or the running back de jour standing five yards downfeld, no defender in sight, on a second and seven, then watch A-rod wait....and wait....and wait....then have to break toward the sideline....then throw it away or get buried.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Harper, unsurprisingly, thinks he has a serious chance. Seattle wanted him back on PS. 49ers swooped in and wanted him to play TE and H-back because they were thin at the position.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...4451&is_corp=1

Kevin Dorsey has had three foot surgeries, two for his toes. He says he is 100% now.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...263752391.html

When you consider how many games we didn't have Rodgers these aren't bad numbers. With AR and Lacy and all of the new WRs and TEs 2014 should be fun.