Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Packer Offense, Offseason Discussion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    When you consider how many games we didn't have Rodgers these aren't bad numbers. With AR and Lacy and all of the new WRs and TEs 2014 should be fun.
    pbmax stated these were league best numbers.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm on board with trying to get A-Rod to check down a little more quickly against the cover-2. How many times have you seen John Kuhn or the running back de jour standing five yards downfeld, no defender in sight, on a second and seven, then watch A-rod wait....and wait....and wait....then have to break toward the sideline....then throw it away or get buried.
    Too much !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Yup. That's the one aspect of his game that drives me nuts. I'm screaming at the television, watching Kuhn/Lacey/Quarless/Whoever standing wide open five or seven yards downfield, no defender in sight, while Rodgers looks...and looks....and looks....downfield, until he's sacked or chased or throws it away. Grrr.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yup. That's the one aspect of his game that drives me nuts. I'm screaming at the television, watching Kuhn/Lacey/Quarless/Whoever standing wide open five or seven yards downfield, no defender in sight, while Rodgers looks...and looks....and looks....downfield, until he's sacked or chased or throws it away. Grrr.
    He's got to forget perfection ad stat's and more about possession and moving the sticks.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I really don't think he's driven by stats, Woody. Not at all. But I think his and MM's vision of the offense is that of the riverboat gambler's - they like taking big risks for big rewards. I tend to be more conservative. If Rodgers could just tone it down a little bit...

Because there are times I've screamed at Rodgers to dump it off to an open guy standing five yards away, only to have Rodgers go long and hit big.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Their ethos is to throw to the deepest open guy, not the most open guy. I also feel Rodgers does this to limit picks. If the line obstructs his view of the underneath even slightly, he feels there's a defender in the blind spot.