Thread: THE VALUE OF DRAFTING A QB IN ROUND ONE.....and if I'm TT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You have 5 teams looking to draft a QB in the 1st/early 2nd round: Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland, Minnesota.

There are 5 QB's good enough to be drafted that early: Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, Savage.

I don't see why any of those teams would need to trade up to get one of the top QB's.

But you know how that song and dance goes: one of those teams, maybe two, will fall in love with one of the above group, and will feel it has to be that guy for them. So they'll trade up, and the fun will begin.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    But you know how that song and dance goes: one of those teams, maybe two, will fall in love with one of the above group, and will feel it has to be that guy for them. So they'll trade up, and the fun will begin.
    Yup. Or some other team with a mediocre QB comes on the board (I dunno - Arizona? St-L? Cinci?) and decide that one of those guys is a franchise passer. That could start the stampede. Also can't count out teams that have QBs that are near the end of their career - I'm looking at you NO.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...