Thread: Bretsky's MOCK DRAFT ......will anything stick to the wall effort

Blog Entries

Bretsky's MOCK DRAFT ......will anything stick to the wall effort

ROUND 1---GREEN BAY SELCTS RYAN SHAZIER---ILB/OLB- From Ohio State
    BUT..............don't be surprised if TT lands CJ Mosely here
    Team leader and uplifting teammate with strong personal and football character. Versatile skill-set to drop in coverage, blitz and cover both sidelines. Very productive career with back-to-back seasons with 115-plus tackles, including a conference-best 143 stops in 2013....45 Tackles for Loss in his career

A high school defensive end, Shazier was recruited at linebacker and had scholarship offers from Alabama, Florida and LSU, but decided to go north and committed to Ohio State. He played inside and outside in Columbus and has the versatile skill-set to fill various roles. He was loved by the Buckeyes coaching staff because of his team-first approach. Shazier is a scheme diverse player who projects as a three-down weak-side linebacker in a 4-3 or as an edge rusher in a 3-4 base

ROUND TWO---GREEN BAY SELECTS TERRANCE BROOKS---Safety--Florida State
    A true center fielder type with previous experience at cornerback, Brooks is the rangy, smart and athletic player Green Bay needs to take over at free safety alongside Morgan Burnett.

Long arms and good balance to play off blocks and make plays near the line of scrimmage amid traffic. A big-hitter who seems to enjoy the physicality of the game. Flashes strong hands for the interception, as well as the ability to track over his shoulder (North Carolina State). Good special teams player.

ROUND THREE--GREEN BAY SELECTS CJ FIEDOROWICZ--_TE......IOWA
    (I REALLY WANTED TO TAKE ABERDERIS HERE)
    Good versatility, showing the ability to come off a down block to get past defenders as a receiver. Good body control and soft hands for such a large man, traits that have led Washington junior Austin Seferian-Jenkins to earn a lot of attention as a possible first-round pick. Fiedorowicz isn't as flashy as ASJ, but he's just as big and fast in a straight-line and is a much more physical and attentive blocker.

ROUND THREE---GREEN BAY SELECTS--CB- PIERRE DESIR--CB from LINDENWOOD
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...8/pierre-desir
    Best Small School Player in the Nation; he exploded onto the Senior Bowl. 6Ft 1"....and long
    Sports a lean, athletic build with excellent height for the position. Fluid athlete with light feet, flexibility and balance. Has a low backpedal, controlled transition and is a smooth accelerator with good top-end speed. Trusts his athleticism, showing the patience to allow receivers to get close before opening his hips to turn and run downfield.

ROUND FOUR--GREEN BAY SELECTS--DAVID YANKE--OG .....STANFORD....
    His wide frame and long arms makes it difficult to get past him in pass protection. He allowed just one sack in 42 career starts, in fact. Yankey is also very effective in the running game, showing the power to drive defenders off the ball and enough mobility to pull....ideal TT pick who has played all four outside positions

ROUND FIVE--GB SELECTS---AHMAD DIXON---Safety Baylor---
    2 of them ?? AS HORRID as we have been there....why not ??
    STRENGTHS: Extremely fast downhill and loves to get his hands dirty in the run game, striking through his target with strong hands to finish. Dixon has an accurate first step with the quickness and range to play both sidelines with an alert, active mentality. Displays the feet and overall body coordination to hold up on an island if needed. Excellent size/speed athlete with the fluidity and natural speed to cover the entire field, making plays behind the line of scrimmage and in the deep half of the fieldWorks hard to shed blocks to make open-field stops and is a physical tackler. He is confident in coverage to jump routes and aggressively go after the ball.

ROUND FIVE--GREEN BAY SELECTS---JOSH HUFF--_WR...OREGON
    STRENGTHS: Impressive athlete with very natural body control and burst in his route cuts, controlling his momentum very well as a ballcarrier to create after the catch. Fluid with springs in his legs. Balanced with good body strength to stay upright through contact, deceiving power to overwhelm defensive backs. Physical and hard-working blocker. Versatile with experience lining up in the backfield and as a return man. Motivated and plays with energy. Consistently improved his production each season in college, setting single-season Oregon records for receiving yards (1,140) and touchdowns (12) as a senior.

ROUND SIX--Green Bay Selects--- DAVID FALES....QB...SAN JOSE STATE
    STRENGTHS: Quick-footed in his drops with an excellent feel in the pocket to step up and maneuver while keeping his eyes downfield. smart pre-snap reads and understands exactly where he wants to go with the ball, using his above average peripheral vision

ROUND SEVEN--GREEN BAY SELECTS ---RYAN CARREATHERS..DL from ARKANSAS STATE
    6 1" 337
    Strengths Big and thick with outstanding weight-room strength -- squats a small house and maintains low body fat. Has sheer mass and natural girth to dig in and hold his ground vs. double teams. Has a wrestling background and understands leverage. Has two-gap ability. Heavy tackler. Nice effort for a big man. Tough and durable. Solid personal and football character -- is devoted to his craft and has a professional approach to the game.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

You covered it all with your MOCK B.

Nice effort.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    I will admit that I wanted to post the Badgers WR in round 3. But in the end I didn't want to put the curse of Bretsky on him since I rarely if ever match any of my mock players to the real draft. And I wish I knew how to post pix like the cool mocks before me did
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I like those picks, especially the first three. They all fill an immediate need and could quite possibly be the BPA at those spots.

Now we know TT won't pick any of those players.

B's first 3 picks are a common theme in many Packer mocks, including mine, and they all make sense. I wonder though if Fiedorowicz is the type of TE TT will go after. TT has tended to draft smaller receiver-type TE's. Fied, at 265 lbs. is the best blocker among the top TE's and is about 20 lbs. heavier than any TE TT has drafted. Would TT change his approach here, or should we be looking for someone else?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I like it.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Great job, I was actually thinking about doing another mock draft in a few weeks before the draft and your first two picks were the same as mine. Thank you for not drafting Abbrederis even though I would like to see us taking a WR earlier in the draft but I do like the Huff pick in the 5th round. The only pick I didn't like was Ahmad Dixon just because hes horrible in coverage.

I like it, but I don't think Yankey will be there at #4, have doubts that Huff will be there at #5, and I'm not a big fan of Fales (who some project to be off the board by round 6). I think Brock Jensen and Bryn Renner would be decent 7th round or PFA pickups though.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

When I posed the question about a month ago "Tell me why I should not like Terrence Brooks?", somebody responded that he looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. The responses were generally negative. I know I really liked him when I first started researching the draft, but kind of wrote him off after the responses I got.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Is Fiedorowicz any better than Matt Spaeth?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    When I posed the question about a month ago "Tell me why I should not like Terrence Brooks?", somebody responded that he looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. The responses were generally negative. I know I really liked him when I first started researching the draft, but kind of wrote him off after the responses I got.

Truth be told....I've read a lot about Brooks recently and am on board where I had a lot of doubts before. I kept swaying back and forth form Deone Buchanon and Brooks....and ended up taking Brooks.

I also was not in love with the IOWA TE....but I was making an effort to try to stay within a projection board when making the picks and I don't think there was a WR I liked much in #3 that would be there except the Badger guy....and he might be gone too. All of the TE's I like will be gone by our round three pick and I really think the top ones are gone by our round two as well. There is quite a drop off after the Hawkeye.

If the draft falls like I think those WR's are all going mid round 2 to mid round 3. It would not surprise me if our BPA for TT at 21 is a WR like Cooks or Beckam either.

You are probably right on the OG; I think he was the biggest stretch to take him where I did.