View Poll Results: Is CHRIS BORLAND THE REAL DEAL ? Is he worthy of a top draft pick...or is he overrated ??

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Borland is going to be a solid NFL starter and is worthy of a round 2 or 3 draft pick

10 40.00%
  • Borlans is overrated in here. He's just not talented enough...botom line

13 52.00%
  • I don't have the stones to post my opinion

2 8.00%

Thread: CHRIS BORLAND.....A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN OPINIONS ON HIM AS AN NFL PROSPECT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So far he seems like Abdul Hodge. Perfect linebacker in college. Too slow to play anything more than two downs in the NFL. But barring injury, I think he finds a way to stick. Not worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So far he seems like Abdul Hodge. Perfect linebacker in college. Too slow to play anything more than two downs in the NFL. But barring injury, I think he finds a way to stick. Not worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
    I think he has a good chance to be better than Hodge if he doesn't have Hodge's knee problems.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think he has a good chance to be better than Hodge if he doesn't have Hodge's knee problems.
    But even before the knee issue, he had trouble breaking into the lineup. He could have stuck around, but I didn't see solid starter.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries

Hodge....really ? Dude did not have the heart Borland did...didn't put forth the time to study and work as hard as Borland does. I don't see that comparison.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Hodge....really ? Dude did not have the heart Borland did...didn't put forth the time to study and work as hard as Borland does. I don't see that comparison.
    You might want to read up on Hodge's upbringing and college career. I'm not saying Borland doesn't have a ton of heart and great work ethic, but so did Hodge coming into the league. He was a multi-year team captain and won the team's Extra Heartbeat Award his senior year. 2nd in the nation in tackles, great student, heady player, etc. etc.... Heart and mind is what made both of them great college players.
    Last edited by vince; 04-25-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    You might want to read up on Hodge's upbringing and college career. I'm not saying Borland doesn't have a ton of heart and great work ethic, but so did Hodge coming into the league. He was a multi-year team captain and won the team's Extra Heartbeat Award his senior year. 2nd in the nation in tackles, great student, heady player, etc. etc.... Heart and mind is what made both of them great college players.
    The extra heartbeat award? Sounds like he needed to see a cardiologist.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Sounds like Borland had a genetic pre-disposition to win the Extra Heartbeat award. UNSOUND!

Five heartbeats is even better!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wrong again!

Though with hindsight, my usual brilliant self.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-16-2015 at 10:22 PM.