Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reggie McKenzie falls out of bed and hits his head

Reggie McKenzie falls out of bed and hits his head

I'm pretty sure that TT and the rest of the front office were not so sad to see Reggie leave for Oakland after all. He's obviously suffering from some pretty severe brain damage.

Raiders sign Trent Richardson to a 2y $3.9M contract. Pretty sure they were bidding against themselves, and if they wanted to have a look at him, anything over the vet minimum was overpaying. I wonder if his rookie contract has offsets, and they are also helping out Indi with this move?

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...ent-richardson
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    didn't they have to spend that much to make sure they make the league minimum payroll?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    didn't they have to spend that much to make sure they make the league minimum payroll?
    Sad day indeed if they had to give him money to make the salary floor.
    --

I am not saying its good money, well spent, but this guy cannot be that terrible, can he?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Haven't seen anything about any guarantees. At less than $2M/year, any guarantees would be small.
    What do they have to lose? If they bring him to camp, and he is awful, they will release him.
    If worst comes to worse, they will be out $1.95M for one year.

On the other hand, if he can revive his career they might have an OK back kind of cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am not saying its good money, well spent, but this guy cannot be that terrible, can he?
    Yes he can. The Colts OL might not be very good at run blocking, but Richardson made Vick Ballard look like Emmitt Smith. The only thing he was good for was occupying a space on the field and preventing the other running backs from getting hurt.

Blog Entries
    I don't see this signing as a big deal. Unfortunately Richardson sucks but it's not a bunch of money either.

Reggie needs to find his White/Woodson signing. Someone super-talented to help turn the tide out there who wants to be a part of making Oakland a fresh place to play again. Aren't they threatening to move back to to L.A. again?

Plus, he really needs to hit on that early pick again this year and a couple more as well. If he has another good draft things will continue to be on the uptick. If his #4 pick busts it could go the other way too.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I don't see this signing as a big deal. Unfortunately Richardson sucks but it's not a bunch of money either.

Reggie needs to find his White/Woodson signing. Someone super-talented to help turn the tide out there who wants to be a part of making Oakland a fresh place to play again. Aren't they threatening to move back to to L.A. again?

Plus, he really needs to hit on that early pick again this year and a couple more as well. If he has another good draft things will continue to be on the uptick. If his #4 pick busts it could go the other way too.
    No, not a big deal at all - they're awash in cap space, and it's highly unlikely he'll make a difference on the field. It's just stupid is all - further ahead getting the RB from Colorado State school of Mimes who had 3000 yards from scrimmage against Div IV opponents last year and is still a UFA - he might be lightning in a bottle.
    --

Blog Entries
    Who would you have had him sign and at what price Guiness?

Before that they had Roy Helu and a possible draft pick. They obviously aren't valuing a RB as high as #4. Maybe they could have taken a chance and picked up a later round RB but they had/have a huge need after MJD fizzled out before retiring and McFadden hasn't been healthy in about five years. He inherited the McFadden black hole. He took a chance on a higher-priced veteran (MJD) already and that didn't work. Cut your losses find the answer. Richardson isn't it but at least he's short-term. They could very well take a RB in the second or third round this year if the right guy's there.

Spending $2 mil on a safety valve to at least put a band-aid on what has a chance to be a deep wound isn't stupid IMO. With any luck they'll be able to pull the bandaid off quickly if they draft well.

Spending $8 mil on a guy who's now playing for another team is stupid. Getting stuck with a QB you can't give away because he costs $20 mil against the cap is stupid. On a whole nother level.

Who would you have had him sign and at what price Guiness?
    He's a former first round pick who flamed out with two teams, was admitedly overweight and was suspended for missing practice without notifying the team. He isn't a has-been, he's a never was. He made a comment a little while ago about how great he was going to be with his next team...*sigh*. Why do you even want that guy around?

No obvious answer to who else of course. No one out there, but wouldn't they be further ahead with a guy like Dujuan Harris, who at least showed flashes (however brief)? Bring in a dozen UFAs and select the best of them?

The money side is hard to understand. I doubt anyone else was talking to this Richardson, you'd think he could've been had for the minimum. But the Raiders had (have?) more cap room than they can possibly spend, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have to spend to reach the salary floor.
    --

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    He's a former first round pick who flamed out with two teams, was admitedly overweight and was suspended for missing practice without notifying the team. He isn't a has-been, he's a never was. He made a comment a little while ago about how great he was going to be with his next team...*sigh*. Why do you even want that guy around?

No obvious answer to who else of course. No one out there, but wouldn't they be further ahead with a guy like Dujuan Harris, who at least showed flashes (however brief)? Bring in a dozen UFAs and select the best of them?

The money side is hard to understand. I doubt anyone else was talking to this Richardson, you'd think he could've been had for the minimum. But the Raiders had (have?) more cap room than they can possibly spend, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have to spend to reach the salary floor.
    That's fair. I agree a guy like Dujuan Harris would be worth having around for a team like the Raiders. They need to draft a guy early too I'd say.

My guess is that during TC they will either determine that he will be worth the $1.9M or so for 2015, or they will cut him and owe him nothing. The money isn't wasted or spent until he makes the final roster. They are not making the judgement now, just giving themselves the right to make the decision in August.

They can still bring in Dujuan Harris and others like him to compete head to head Richardson.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    They can still bring in Dujuan Harris and others like him to compete head to head Richardson.
    I don't need a fridge this year, so I won't have the inside scoop on Dujuan. My instincts tell me he is a better option than Richardson.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Reggie's work is odd. He has little success at all, finally clears the decks, has loads of cap space, then doesn't use it - so much so that he's got to be generous with Trent Richardson just to help get the team to the cap floor.

Not sure the dude has a plan. He must've gotten infected with Al Davis Disease out there.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Reggie's work is odd. He has little success at all, finally clears the decks, has loads of cap space, then doesn't use it - so much so that he's got to be generous with Trent Richardson just to help get the team to the cap floor.

Not sure the dude has a plan. He must've gotten infected with Al Davis Disease out there.
    I'd say the guys he was targeting signed elsewhere. He needs to land a big signing - or another good draft class - to make Oakland attractive again. If he misses on this draft class, he may run out of time. He's building the right way IMO but most places aren't patient enough to see it through.

I'd say the guys he was targeting signed elsewhere. He needs to land a big signing - or another good draft class - to make Oakland attractive again. If he misses on this draft class, he may run out of time. He's building the right way IMO but most places aren't patient enough to see it through.
    I think he is running out of time. He needs to draft really well this year and have the team show significant improvement. He probably needs to roll over as much of this cap money as is allowable, too. Ain't much left to sign out there any more.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

He had a cap he had to clear and that wasted two years. If he had landed Carr immediately or had more success with that first bunch of FAs he would be in better shape. But now he is really behind the eight ball. Coaching situation didn't help either.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Yeah following up senile Al has been no stroll through the park. That team had to crash hard.

I think they'll be better this year. Maybe not enough to buy him more time. It would suck to be the guy who does all the dirty work cleaning up Al's huge mess only to set up your replacement for long-term success with some good young players and a ton of financial flexibility.

The Raiders would have been better off signing a high-character "locker room" guy to mentor Latavius Murray rather than Richardson.
    Go PACK

I think Murray's going to be a star in this league. Saw him take over a game last season. Impressive running back.