View Poll Results: Is CHRIS BORLAND THE REAL DEAL ? Is he worthy of a top draft pick...or is he overrated ??

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Borland is going to be a solid NFL starter and is worthy of a round 2 or 3 draft pick

10 40.00%
  • Borlans is overrated in here. He's just not talented enough...botom line

13 52.00%
  • I don't have the stones to post my opinion

2 8.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CHRIS BORLAND.....A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN OPINIONS ON HIM AS AN NFL PROSPECT

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    You might want to read up on Hodge's upbringing and college career. I'm not saying Borland doesn't have a ton of heart and great work ethic, but so did Hodge coming into the league. He was a multi-year team captain and won the team's Extra Heartbeat Award his senior year. 2nd in the nation in tackles, great student, heady player, etc. etc.... Heart and mind is what made both of them great college players.
    Sounds like Borland had a genetic pre-disposition to win the Extra Heartbeat award. UNSOUND!

Five heartbeats is even better!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Outperformed all expectations in college. I wouldn't mind him as a backup and STer. As a starter I think he would be someone you were always looking to replace/upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Didn't Borland have a lot of issues with a surgery early in his career that didn't respond as well as expected and shortened a season? Arm or shoulder or something?
    OK all you Badger homers, no one stepped up to the plate to address the issue of Borland's injury history, so I researched it myself. While he might not have Hodge-like bad knees, he apparently had an off-season surgery on his shoulder after his freshman year, played one game in which he re-injured it, missed the second game and played six plays in the third before shutting down for the season and a second surgery in a red-shirt sophomore season. Since then he has missed a couple more games with a hamstring injury.

So, he is a short in height, exceedingly short-armed, some what slow, average athlete who hits big with a shoulder that has been operated on twice already. He essentially missed one full season because of a shoulder, plus at least a couple games in another season due to a hamstring injury.

Isn't that the kind of player most of you want TT to stay away from?
    Last edited by Patler; 04-25-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    OK all you Badger homers, no one stepped up to the plate to address the issue of Borland's injury history, so I researched it myself. While he might not have Hodge-like bad knees, he apparently had an off-season surgery on his shoulder after his freshman year, played one game in which he re-injured it, missed the second game and played six plays in the third before shutting down for the season and a second surgery in a red-shirt sophomore season. Since then he has missed a couple more games with a hamstring injury.

So, he is a short in height, exceedingly short-armed, some what slow, average athlete who hits big with a shoulder that has been operated on twice already. He essentially missed one full season because of a shoulder, plus at least a couple games in another season due to a hamstring injury.

Isn't that the kind of player most of you want TT to stay away from?
    That shoulder sounds an awful lot like Datko's...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    That shoulder sounds an awful lot like Datko's...
    Except that, understandable concerns aside for the moment, he played for the better part of two years and did not suffer from it again. So he is a light year or so ahead of Datko in that department. He has demonstrated on the field he has recovered.

What that means long term, I have no idea.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Except that, understandable concerns aside for the moment, he played for the better part of two years and did not suffer from it again. So he is a light year or so ahead of Datko in that department. He has demonstrated on the field he has recovered.

What that means long term, I have no idea.
    It means if he injures it again and we draft him then we should have known better. It also means if we don't draft him and he does well, then we should have known better.

You have been posting long enough to know that by now.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    It means if he injures it again and we draft him then we should have known better. It also means if we don't draft him and he does well, then we should have known better.

Yup, all because the Packers have the NFL's only truly incompetent medical staff, awards not withstanding.

Wist?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Repped. Perhaps we can print this on a T-Shirt with a picture of Justin Harrell.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    I think you would be challenged to find anything who really liked the Justine Harrell pick

A least a few in here would like Borland

Truth be told I'm not sure he's a fit in Green Bay. We need some extreme speed at LB so San Fran and Seattle don't keep making is their bitches. With the speed...he also needs to be able to play....aka..Brad Jones...Goodbye

But I do think he'll be successful in the NFL
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I'd take him on my team...in the right round. If he slides enough, draft him.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    We need some extreme speed at LB so San Fran and Seattle don't keep making is their bitches.
    I feel the need for speed

That's right, we need someone dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Wist?
    I don't understand the question.

Nice job on the research Patler.

Borland was a great college player. I'm not convinced he'll be a great pro player unless he's in the right scheme. I don't think he's a great fit in GB and would prefer a bigger, faster ILB.
    The injuries are a concern and many are dinging Mosley in another forum topic for it.

Not that I absolutely think Mosley is Patrick Willis and Borland is DJ Smith, but I worry about Borland's ability to consistently take on a OG or cover a TE when he's giving up 4-5 inches in height/arm length.

Patler with some good draft prognostication:

Bad shoulder knocks Badgers' Borland off one NFL draft board

or perhaps, Patler is a mole trying to get Borland to fall to a team in the late 2nd/early 3rd.

In other news, some things have not changed:

Meanwhile, executives with three teams said their medical people weren't concerned about the concussion history of Badgers wide receiver Jared Abbrederis.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...#ixzz30JU9jska
    Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

short with Tyrannosaurus rex arms
    ummm.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Patler with some good draft prognostication:

Bad shoulder knocks Badgers' Borland off one NFL draft board

or perhaps, Patler is a mole trying to get Borland to fall to a team in the late 2nd/early 3rd.
    According to the article, he had two surgeries on his left shoulder and one on the right. I was aware of only the two on his left shoulder. I would not invest a high draft choice in a linebacker who has had three shoulder surgeries already.

Borland was a true freshman in 2009 when he played with a torn labrum in his left shoulder. After the season, he underwent surgery and sat out spring practice.

In 2010, Borland injured the same left shoulder early in the season, played in just two games and had more surgery. In December 2010, he had surgery on his right shoulder for a torn labrum.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...#ixzz30K9YW6Kp
    Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

Blog Entries
    BUMP for my man BORLAND...........doing very well since given the opportunity !!!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

We'll see how many seasons he lasts...........