View Poll Results: Is CHRIS BORLAND THE REAL DEAL ? Is he worthy of a top draft pick...or is he overrated ??

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Borland is going to be a solid NFL starter and is worthy of a round 2 or 3 draft pick

10 40.00%
  • Borlans is overrated in here. He's just not talented enough...botom line

13 52.00%
  • I don't have the stones to post my opinion

2 8.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CHRIS BORLAND.....A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN OPINIONS ON HIM AS AN NFL PROSPECT

I read he already tweaked his shoulder, but he obviously played.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He looks like he belongs. I was very wrong about him. I thought he'd be too small. Maybe he is helped out by the other great players around him in SF. Maybe he is just a hard nosed guy. So was Abdul Hodge, though, and he had similar size, speed, etc. He didn't last :-/

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 54s54 seconds ago
    Former @BadgerFootball and current @49ers linebacker Chris Borland (12 tackles, two INTs vs. #NYG) is the NFC Defensive Player of the Week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He had a great game. He has all the instincts in the world. Let's see if he can keep it up. I'm still skeptical.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I thought he would fail simply because Bretsky liked him. My player evaluation system is collapsing.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I was on the Borland train as my vote will attest. Nice job nailing this one Bretsky!

Guy has instinct coming out of his ears which makes up for his size issue. But hey, when you have Hawk and B. Jones inside, why bother with this type of prospect. We were set.

He sure looks puny out there.

I'm guessing he's going to be a good player - no risk there given his recent performance. But he could break, especially those dicey shoulders.

Seriously? Wouldn't most of you have jeered TT for drafting a hard-hitting linebacker who has already had two surgeries on one shoulder and one on the other? I have read over and over on here that TT takes too many risks on players with injury histories, and/or doesn't adequately assess injury risks on players. Here was a guy who had significant, repeated injuries of the type you certainly expect a linebacker to have trouble with, and TT should have drafted him?

A linebacker with three shoulder surgeries already? One who reportedly was taken off a few teams boards because they thought he already needed another shoulder repair? No thanks. Not in the early rounds anyway. All the instincts, effort and desire in the world do no good for a player on IR.

It all comes to down to risk tolerance. I for one would not have jeered TT for drafting an undersized LB with injury history.

Because having the two banana slugs we had for inside LB's to end the season, and started the season with again this year, is worth the risk in my view.

Every player comes with flaws. Torrence Marshall was a gifted athlete with impressive size. But he had a ten cent head and the instinct of a fence post.

A fourth down "flyer" if you will on an injury risk, on a position where results have been less than stellar would have been fine with me.

One could also argue he's a TT type of player. Solid character, hard worker, productive, "Packer person" if you will. A football player, not a combine freak.

Also, no guarantee the player with pristine health doesn't shred his knee first play. Any snap could be the last snap as Collins & Finley can attest.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    It all comes to down to risk tolerance. I for one would not have jeered TT for drafting an undersized LB with injury history.

Because having the two banana slugs we had for inside LB's to end the season, and started the season with again this year, is worth the risk in my view.

Every player comes with flaws. Torrence Marshall was a gifted athlete with impressive size. But he had a ten cent head and the instinct of a fence post.

A fourth down "flyer" if you will on an injury risk, on a position where results have been less than stellar would have been fine with me.

One could also argue he's a TT type of player. Solid character, hard worker, productive, "Packer person" if you will. A football player, not a combine freak.

Also, no guarantee the player with pristine health doesn't shred his knee first play. Any snap could be the last snap as Collins & Finley can attest.
    But Borland was taken with the 13th pick of the 3rd round. Would you have given up a 2nd round pick, or multiple picks to move up in the 3rd round to get him?

I don't think giving up picks to move up get Borland in the 3rd would be wise. Thanks for correcting my error on the round drafted.

But if he had, I wouldn't have jeered him.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    I don't think giving up picks to move up get Borland in the 3rd would be wise. Thanks for correcting my error on the round drafted.

But if he had, I wouldn't have jeered him.

Carry on.

You only jeer him once the player is hurt. If he doesn't get hurt, you pretend you were on the bandwagon all along.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I read he already tweaked his shoulder, but he obviously played.

He's already outperformed some of our ILB's career stats

He's a player; I compared him with Zach Thomas and John Offerdahl coming into the NFL. He looks the part so far
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 54s54 seconds ago
    Former @BadgerFootball and current @49ers linebacker Chris Borland (12 tackles, two INTs vs. #NYG) is the NFC Defensive Player of the Week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg5aqGwrTkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHWNnQ7Hmos
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Seriously? Wouldn't most of you have jeered TT for drafting a hard-hitting linebacker who has already had two surgeries on one shoulder and one on the other? I have read over and over on here that TT takes too many risks on players with injury histories, and/or doesn't adequately assess injury risks on players. Here was a guy who had significant, repeated injuries of the type you certainly expect a linebacker to have trouble with, and TT should have drafted him?

NO WAY FROM ME

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You only jeer him once the player is hurt. If he doesn't get hurt, you pretend you were on the bandwagon all along.

That is why bold threads are made; to get people's view.........and bump them....so we can point out others were wrong forever ))

This can be one of those ODELL THURMAN type of threads.....that I can bump for the next ten years

Blog Entries
    He's a baller who sticks his nose in there with the best of em and sniffs out deflections and balls on the ground. It's a little early yet but so far so good. He'll be exposed if/when he has to cover for any length of time down the middle or gets matched up in the slot against any number of big fast tight ends or just about any inside receiver. A ton of running backs out of the backfield will even make him look bad before long. Isolate him in the passing game and keep him from hiding in a zone and he'll have issues. I'd still say if he displaces Willis or Bowman next year that means the Niners D is more susceptible than it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    He's already outperformed some of our ILB's career stats,
    Now there's a ringing endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    That is why bold threads are made; to get people's view.........and bump them....so we can point out others were wrong forever ))

This can be one of those ODELL THURMAN type of threads.....that I can bump for the next ten years
    I wonder what car dealership is employing Chad Jackson now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I wonder what car dealership is employing Chad Jackson now?
    Nope. Piggly Wiggly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yeah, that's why I voted the way I did before the draft. I "pretend" nothing.

Pls, spew your misinformed sterotype in some other direction.