Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Packers Cannot Draft CJ Mosley

Packers Cannot Draft CJ Mosley

Remember that inviolate (PackerRats) rule for drafting college players: everyone knows a player who had two injuries in college that cause him to miss time is injury prone and will flame out in the NFL.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/23/2014-nf...-64-cj-mosley/

His career numbers may have been even more striking had he not battled so many injuries. Mosley missed two games in 2011 with an elbow injury, sat out the ’12 BCS championship after dislocating his hip, and needed surgery prior to the combine to fix a labrum issue. Because of that last setback, Mosley skipped the 40-yard dash and the bench press at the combine, adding to the concerns about his ability to withstand the rigors of an NFL schedule.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yup, thats the main reason I want Shazier over him.

Those aren't just little nicks and dings. Dislocated hip? Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Those aren't just little nicks and dings. Dislocated hip? Ouch!
    I wonder if they took a ligament from his thigh and tied it around the socket and screwed it in place like Clay's thumb.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I wonder if they took a ligament from his thigh and tied it around the socket and screwed it in place like Clay's thumb.
    I'm trying really really hard, but having trouble picturing this...

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    I'm trying really really hard, but having trouble picturing this...
    Clay Matthews told USAToday that they used a ligament from his forearm (detached it at one end) and used the other to help secure the dislocated joint in his thumb during his second surgery (the one after he came back and reinsured it versus Pitt).

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Clay Matthews told USAToday that they used a ligament from his forearm (detached it at one end) and used the other to help secure the dislocated joint in his thumb during his second surgery (the one after he came back and reinsured it versus Pitt).
    we've covered this. Matthews will be fine - if he's a newt.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hey, mraynrand, keep the Newt Gingrich political commentary out of the football thread!!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Isn't the saying that you don't leave Alabama without a BCS trophy and at least one surgery?

All the Bama guys are beat up. That said, those don't strike me as minor injuries and it's a concern IMO.
    Last year I was all talked into Jesse Williams being a NT they should take, especially as he kept falling until I had to think there was a reason, and then the stories of bad knees and a year on IR for SEA followed.

So are the injuries enough to medical flag Mosley?
    Is this why Mosley is dropping into R2 in some mocks?
    If Mosley and Shazier are both there, do you take Shazier over Mosley?

The reason we cannot draft Mosley is he'll be long gone before #21.

that is just silly...tying a ligament from your thigh around a socket in your thumb....how could you tackle?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Hey, mraynrand, keep the Newt Gingrich political commentary out of the football thread!!
    Besides, what difference would it make who Clay supported in the republican primaries?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    The reason we cannot draft Mosley is he'll be long gone before #21.
    BINGO

And the reason we can't draft Shazier is because Bretsky has endorsed him too much !
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Yup, thats the main reason I want Shazier over him.
    It's now being mocked that CJ Mosley will go earlier than Pick #21. That aside:

TT won't take a chance on blowing this 1st Rd. pick at #21. If CJ Mosely is available with Ted Thompson and the Green Bay Packers on the clock. TT may exercise the trade down option with CJ Mosely available.

Having posted that and it becomes reality. Ted Thompson will risk losing LBer Ryan Shazier.

I hope that TT acts decisively this draft. He needs to get this one right.

I hope that TT uses Pick #21 for LBer Ryan Shazier.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    that is just silly...tying a ligament from your thigh around a socket in your thumb....how could you tackle?
    Technically all tackles would be leg whips.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It's now being mocked that CJ Mosley will go earlier than Pick #21. That aside:

TT won't take a chance on blowing this 1st Rd. pick at #21. If CJ Mosely is available with Ted Thompson and the Green Bay Packers on the clock. TT may exercise the trade down option with CJ Mosely available.

Having posted that and it becomes reality. Ted Thompson will risk losing LBer Ryan Shazier.

I hope that TT acts decisively this draft. He needs to get this one right.

I hope that TT uses Pick #21 for LBer Ryan Shazier.
    It's all a roll of the dice, no matter how "guaranteed" it looks. The other day I was reading "Ask Vic" on Packers.com and he made the point that Shazier reminds him of Zach Brown from the Titans who was drafted in the 2nd round in 2012. He did well his first year and then got benched last year. Here is his profile: http://www.titansonline.com/team/ros...a-4e1d76f9f311

If the Packers are good with Mosely's medical report and he is on the board at #21 and we have him rated higher than Shazier, then go for it. That's why you make a draft board. For all we know, they have Deon Buchannon rated ahead of Dix and Pryor, but figure that most people have him ranked as a second rounder.

I hope we get a slam dunk, Luke Keuechly type of guy, but that's the dream scenario now isn't it?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

What we would all LOVE to see is Ted's draft board!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What we would all LOVE to see is Ted's draft board!
    I'll settle for more pics of Jerry's.

I'll settle for more pics of Jerry's.
    I assume it looks a little like this?

--
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    It's all a roll of the dice, no matter how "guaranteed" it looks. The other day I was reading "Ask Vic" on Packers.com and he made the point that Shazier reminds him of Zach Brown from the Titans who was drafted in the 2nd round in 2012. He did well his first year and then got benched last year. Here is his profile: http://www.titansonline.com/team/ros...a-4e1d76f9f311

If the Packers are good with Mosely's medical report and he is on the board at #21 and we have him rated higher than Shazier, then go for it. That's why you make a draft board. For all we know, they have Deon Buchannon rated ahead of Dix and Pryor, but figure that most people have him ranked as a second rounder.

I hope we get a slam dunk, Luke Keuechly type of guy, but that's the dream scenario now isn't it?
    I think the closest to that guy is Ryan Shazier. I hope that he's there at #21 and TT agrees or.....

We'll have to wait (hope for that outcome) in a future draft.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-28-2014 at 11:00 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau