Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
3) Injuries...are you saying any other DC would be able to get more out of the healthy talent that was on the field last year? At some point, Wist, our guys have to beat their guys one on one. Our guys have to chase their guys and tackle them. Our guys have to take better angles on plays, and show toughness. If we are remain relatively healthy this year, with the talent that is getting back on the field, be it getting healthy (Hayward, Matthews, etc.) or guys who will develop more (Datone Jones, Michah Hyde, etc.), plus the addition of Peppers, plus whoever we draft on D, I think you will see more talent show out. If the product on the field looks better, does that mean Capers is a better coach, or that he has better weapons to utilize?
I'm sayin give me a couple shots of some smooth whiskey, a doobie to nibble on during the game - and I could produce a better result than Spraypaintedhair - if I did nothing more than randomly picked calls off of a down-distance cheatsheat.

I don't accept the injury argument. It's there, it's an issue - but he had healthy players available that would have made up better front alignments than that God-awful 2-4, and he stayed with it until the referree's stopped the games out of pity.