Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Packers Seahawks kick it off!

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Tough schedule for sure... but I think we all knew it was going to be, based on the the whos and wheres.... now we know the whens... lets go draft, then lets kick some seachicken ass... i proposed to my fiance in Seattle last year and I love the city... the fans on the other hand can be a bit over whelming... we need to show them this shit gets harder after you win the big one...

The 4 pack of Atl, Buf, TB, Det to finish the year could be a very nice way to end the season... all those teams could be out of it, by the time we play them... however, with the exception of maybe Buf they could be in or on the bubble, which could make them dangerous...

yadda yadda... here's some shit about being ready for some football... yadda yadda...
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    9/4 @ Seattle (Thursday OPENING NIGHT)
    9/14 vs. NY Jets
    9/21 @ Detroit
    9/28 @ Chicago
    10/2 vs. Minnesota (Thur)
    10/12 @ Dolphins
    10/19 vs. Carolina
    10/26 vs. Saints (Sunday Night)
    11/2 Bye - Week 10
    11/9 vs. Chicago @ GB
    11/16 vs. Philadelphia
    11/23 @ Minnesota
    11/30 vs. New England
    12/8 vs. Atlanta (Mon)
    12/14 @ Bills
    12/21 @ Bucs
    12/28 vs. Detriot - Week 17

Away: Saints, Bucs, Bills, Phins, Seachickens

Home: Falcs, Panthers, Pats, Jets, Iggles

Another stupid three game road trip. Just think how bad it would be if Lambeau had another tenant.-----WRONG! Poor calendar skills plus Thursday game wrecked this comment.
    I thought the week before the Thursday game was supposed to be a home game? And someone needs to explain to me why they can't schedule the Thursday game right after the bye week. Sure, the teams with Thursday games in week 2 and 3 would get screwed, but overall it would be much better.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2m
    Sunday it is. RT @TyDunne: Per the #Bills team website, Green Bay is playing at Buffalo Dec. 14 at noon.

Bills website published a half-hour early.
    I'll be at this one!!!
    --

Pretty tough way to start the season with 3 out of 4 on the road. If they can come out of that no worse than 2-2 they should be in pretty good shape to win the division.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I like the first 2 games b/c both of those teams run a lot, and Capers won't be able to play nearly as much 2-4 as he wants - at least he shouldn't play as much 2-4 as we all know he wants.

Once we get to week 3 though, the defensive linemen might as well plan on taking a seat on the pine most of the game.

We'll see, maybe Mr. Spraypaintedhair had his head forcibly removed from his ass by MM this offseason??
    wist

9/14 vs. NY Jets
    9/21 @ Detroit
    9/28 @ Chicago
    10/12 @ Dolphins
    10/19 vs. Carolina
    11/2 Bye - Week 10
    11/9 vs. Chicago @ GB
    11/16 vs. Philadelphia
    11/23 @ Minnesota
    11/30 vs. New England
    12/8 vs. Atlanta (Mon)
    12/14 @ Bills
    12/21 @ Bucs

Another stupid three game road trip. Just think how bad it would be if Lambeau had another tenant.-----WRONG! Poor calendar skills plus Thursday game wrecked this comment.
    That's a tough schedule... and everyone knows we'll drop a game we had no business losing.

And there is always the threat of Rodgers going down... are we tough enough now on defense and along the OL to overcome the loss of Rodgers for a few games?? And not look like we're simply hoping for some punchers luck??

The hardest games are, Detroit (twice), Saints, Eagles, and Pats.

That's 5 games where I could see Spraypaintedhair playing sissyball for 4 quarters - wouldn't be surprised if in one of those games the Packers allow the all-time record for most yardage allowed in a single game, lol...

We only have 2 major concerns going into the season -

1) Rodgers staying healthy
    2) Capers being Capers

Everything else takes a backseat to those internal issues.

If Rodgers stays healthy, and MM forces Capers to stay away from the 2-4 - I think we have as good a chance as anyone to make the SB.
    wist

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    3) Injuries...are you saying any other DC would be able to get more out of the healthy talent that was on the field last year? At some point, Wist, our guys have to beat their guys one on one. Our guys have to chase their guys and tackle them. Our guys have to diagnose plays, and take better pursuit angles, and show more resolve. It's not just about some nickel package that you don't care for. There are more talented players out there who could run the 2-4-5. Again, regardless of alignment to start a play; feel free to show some toughness, beat the man across from you and make a play.

If we are remain relatively healthy this year, with the talent that is getting back on the field, be it from injury (Hayward, Matthews, etc.) or guys who will take steps forward in development (Datone Jones, Michah Hyde, etc.), plus the addition of Peppers, plus whoever we draft on D, I think you will see more talent show out, and more cohesiveness. If the product on the field looks better, does that mean Capers is a better coach, or that he has better weapons to utilize? If those players CAN run the alignments he likes to run, then I think the answer will be it's about the talent.
    Last edited by Carolina_Packer; 04-23-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    3) Injuries...are you saying any other DC would be able to get more out of the healthy talent that was on the field last year? At some point, Wist, our guys have to beat their guys one on one. Our guys have to chase their guys and tackle them. Our guys have to take better angles on plays, and show toughness. If we are remain relatively healthy this year, with the talent that is getting back on the field, be it getting healthy (Hayward, Matthews, etc.) or guys who will develop more (Datone Jones, Michah Hyde, etc.), plus the addition of Peppers, plus whoever we draft on D, I think you will see more talent show out. If the product on the field looks better, does that mean Capers is a better coach, or that he has better weapons to utilize?
    I'm sayin give me a couple shots of some smooth whiskey, a doobie to nibble on during the game - and I could produce a better result than Spraypaintedhair - if I did nothing more than randomly picked calls off of a down-distance cheatsheat.

I don't accept the injury argument. It's there, it's an issue - but he had healthy players available that would have made up better front alignments than that God-awful 2-4, and he stayed with it until the referree's stopped the games out of pity.
    wist

Why not start out with the best and see where you are? Better then than finding out at home in your first playoff game.

9/14 vs. NY Jets
    9/21 @ Detroit
    9/28 @ Chicago
    10/12 @ Dolphins
    10/19 vs. Carolina
    11/2 Bye - Week 10
    11/9 vs. Chicago @ GB
    11/16 vs. Philadelphia
    11/23 @ Minnesota
    11/30 vs. New England
    12/8 vs. Atlanta (Mon)
    12/14 @ Bills
    12/21 @ Bucs

Weeks 3, 4 & 5 have the potential to be brutal. 3 division games in 12 days.

Three of their home games are at night? Seems a bit unfair to fans who generally plan for games to be Sunday afternoon, recognizing that from time to time that will change. But 3 of 8 scheduled, with the possibility of others being "flexed"?

I am not saying anything, I am just saying that if there was a PackerRats game this year, that October Noon start versus the Panthers would be tempting. Demand won't be crazy and time to get out of Dodge.
    No one replied to this
    --

I hate Thursday games, and the Packers have two. Always have hated them. Mondays are sort of an extension from the weekend, but Thursdays stick out like sore thumbs. It is not a time I plan to follow a game. It's the middle of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I hate Thursday games, and the Packers have two. Always have hated them. Mondays are sort of an extension from the weekend, but Thursdays stick out like sore thumbs. It is not a time I plan to follow a game. It's the middle of the week.
    Agree completely. When it happened twice a year (Thanksgiving and the odd yearly tilt between the Browns and Bengals) it was a fun novelty. Every week it crazy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I'm only okay with us opening in Seattle if we get spotted a TD late in the game that gives us the lead and gives no chance for Seattle to answer.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I hate it when the NFL messes with my gambling routine.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Agree completely. When it happened twice a year (Thanksgiving and the odd yearly tilt between the Browns and Bengals) it was a fun novelty. Every week it crazy.
    This will be the 2nd time in 3 years that the second home game is on a Thursday night for the Gold Package.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    SEA vs GB for the opener puts it into to perspective who the NFL sees as the marque team.

They could have started with SF or against DEN in a rematch of the Super Bowl. Instead they pull GB.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    SEA vs GB for the opener puts it into to perspective who the NFL sees as the marque team.

They could have started with SF or against DEN in a rematch of the Super Bowl. Instead they pull GB.
    They prefer to not do divisional games for the opener. A Super Bowl rematch is usually a big deal, but since the SB was a complete blowout they chose the Packers, hoping for a closer game.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

Agreed, but SF/Sea will be big anytime, and the SuperBowl rematch will be big anytime. They needed a third marquee game that didn't have anything special about it to fit the opener (thus, making it a big game). GB's number was called.

GB is one of a small handful of teams facing multiple teams coming off the bye. SF & Sea combined have zero.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.