Thread: Flynn's contract terms - interesting incentives

Flynn's contract terms - interesting incentives

Details from jso:

$75,000 signing bonus
    $730,000 base salary (vet minimum); reduced to $500,000 if he goes on IR before the regular season.
    $170, 000 roster bonus ($10,625/game on the active roster)
    $25,000 workout bonus.

After the base terms above, it gets interesting, with incentives earned if he plays and the team wins.

$500,000 in incentives, for games in which he plays more than 55% of the offensive snaps and the Packers win, but only if they make the playoffs.
    Last edited by Patler; 04-24-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Details from jso:

$75,000 signing bonus
    $730,000 base salary (vet minimum); reduced to $500,000 if he goes on IR before the regular season.
    $170, 000 roster bonus ($10,625/game on the active roster)
    $25,000 workout bonus.

After the base terms above, it gets interesting, with incentives earned if he plays and the team wins.

$500,000 in incentives, for games in which he plays more than 55% of the offensive snaps and the Packers win, but only if they make the playoffs.
    I thought the CBA precluded heavily incentive laden contracts like these.

Guess not, eh?

Actually, I think it's good. Some pretty creative wording from Russ Ball and the boys.

I know some guys hate Flynn bc he's a noodle arm, but he is our best option at back-up.

At least Matty can run the offense and not skitz out like Tolzein.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    If I were Rodgers, I'd be on the lookout for Jeff Gillooly late in the season.

"Why me??"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

That's called the playoff killer anti-bonus.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Well, let's hope Matty never gets near to even sniffing at a chance for that bonus.

But if I understand it correctly, it's possible for Flynn to step in, play over 55% of the offensive snaps, lead the team to a win or three, but not get the bonus - if that other QB on the team can't get the team into the playoffs.

Flynn's agent is betting heavily on that #12 guy to help out, it looks like.

And Dom Capers, for that matter.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Matt kind of got hosed in general. The stench of that Detroit debacle really lasted thru the off-season. That, and many times he showed a definite lack of arm strength.

Flynn has really shown that he's only effective in MM's system. Other teams looking at him have to think that they don't MM around as their QB mentor and play caller, how's this guy gonna help us?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Matt kind of got hosed in general. The stench of that Detroit debacle really lasted thru the off-season. That, and many times he showed a definite lack of arm strength.
    Kind of hard feeling sorry for the guy, or thinking of him as getting hosed, when he had $10M guaranteed on his contract from Seattle, and $6M from the Raiders. With those in his background, who would be willing to step up and pay him more than minimum + incentives on another contract?

He owes MM some really nice Christmas gifts for setting him up to sign those contracts.

Kind of hard feeling sorry for the guy, or thinking of him as getting hosed, when he had $10M guaranteed on his contract from Seattle, and $6M from the Raiders. With those in his background, who would be willing to step up and pay him more than minimum + incentives on another contract?

He owes MM some really nice Christmas gifts for setting him up to sign those contracts.
    Matt Flynn must be very well liked. Great in the locker room.

Why do I always see him as a bartender!?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau