Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK ENDORSEMENTS

Blog Entries

FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK ENDORSEMENTS

OK...consider yourself this the spot to PIMP your Draft endorsements/highlights. At this point I have two in my wishlist.

This one might not be overpopopular...GB need defense......but wow.......this pick has TT pick written all over it

Think Antonio Gates; that is what you are getting with this guy

Look at the way this guy catches the ball and runs after the catch and breaks away after the catch; look at the way he goes up over the DB's for the ball and makes plays

He's the modern day TE and getting an elite talent at #21 would be awesome

MEET THE BEAST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrYd2WL8DrI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIBAoPiWJ0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wr_37XsVCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfznL8SqDkA
    Last edited by Bretsky; 01-23-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm sure there's some assignment-sure, team-leader, rock-solid type ILB, who can't make a play, available instead.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

That guy does look freakishly atheltic. I'd be game. BPA makes a lot of sense for keeping the window open longer. Bottom line - we need more good players on the team. I would prefer they come on defense but filling out the roster in general is a good thing.

I'd prefer a guy who is great at relaying signals from the sidelines
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think in the first round take the BPA, Ebron would be a consideration. Worry about filling needs on later picks.
    Thanks Ted!

I'd be fine with Ebron if he were available. But he won't be. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he does a Vern0n-Davis-type jump up the draft boards after the Combine.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm sure there's some assignment-sure, team-leader, rock-solid type ILB, who can't make a play, available instead.
    Lol. Is he going to be a split second late covering Ebron in the playoffs 7 years from now?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Lol. Is he going to be a split second late covering Ebron in the playoffs 7 years from now?
    Count on it. The coverage will be decent, but given he has "AJ Hawk hips" the play on the ball will be very poor.

Count on it. The coverage will be decent, but given he has "AJ Hawk hips" the play on the ball will be very poor.
    Thus prompting round 12 of the "Capers coaching vs personnel" debate...

i'd be fine going with ebron if he is still there IF ha ha, pryor and mosely are all off the board

and ebron might be the only TE i'm interested with in the 1st round right now. i'm just not sure amaro, and ajs or whatever his initials are, would be that much better then the 2nd tier guys you can get in round 2 or 3

and at this point, i'm not sold or excited at all about any of the d-linemen that are being mocked for us

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i'm not sold or excited at all about any of the d-linemen that are being mocked for us
    I really like that Ra-a-a-Sheed guy from MN. you cannot teach size like that. He will be a great one. (just like Justin Harrell!) I bet he goes before 20. Doubtful TT would move up to get him, but if he's there, I can't see how TT lets him go (unless he has visions of Justin Harrell in his head).

I really like that Ra-a-a-Sheed guy from MN. you cannot teach size like that. He will be a great one. (just like Justin Harrell!) I bet he goes before 20. Doubtful TT would move up to get him, but if he's there, I can't see how TT lets him go (unless he has visions of Justin Harrell in his head).
    yeah and the knock on him is that he has never come close to living up to the potential that his size brings

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...rbust-prospect

Conclusion

Hageman will be one of the hottest prospects in the 2014 class in the spring. He will tantalize evaluators with his freakish athleticism and superior physical dimensions, but his game tape doesn't match his natural talent at this time. Although Hageman's production has been solid over the past two years, he hasn't dominated elite competition consistently. Additionally, he has shown an unrefined game that needs some touch-up work by a quality NFL defensive line coach
    that scares me

Almost all college DL need refinement. I've heard the "his motor runs hot/cold" knock, but he's a big dude. Has a little boom or bust prospect to him IMO, and I'm guessing they look elsewhere (i.e. later rounds) for DL help if there is someone similarly graded at 21.

Agree Ebron might jump up the board with a strong combine/pro day. From the little draft surfing I've done he's the #1 ranked TE on the board, so it's not a given he'll be there at 21. He looks pretty athletic but he'll need work on his routes and blocking. From the little I've seen he could be a good replacement to Finley and I'd take him at 21.

I can't see Mosley being there at 21...but if both he and Ebron were there that would be a really tough call. I'd take Mosley and shop for a TE later.

Haven't seen Amaro; AJS is not a R1 TE IMO -- something about him worries me.

How did Hageman do against the Badgers? I barely remember him but those Gophers were getting tougher during the last 3 years, maybe he was part of the difference.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Hageman is this years Poe.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Hageman is this years Poe.
    So he's going to be pretty good then?

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    So he's going to be pretty good then?

Wrong Poe.

Haggeman, that drunken bastard, can write a scary sad sonnet with the best of them.

Blog Entries
    i'd be fine going with ebron if he is still there IF ha ha, pryor and mosely are all off the board

and ebron might be the only TE i'm interested with in the 1st round right now. i'm just not sure amaro, and ajs or whatever his initials are, would be that much better then the 2nd tier guys you can get in round 2 or 3

and at this point, i'm not sold or excited at all about any of the d-linemen that are being mocked for us

I could see Ebron shooting up the boards; but I kind of think Mosely and Ebron are doing in the 15-25 range. If TT had stones I'd bless trading up a few spots for either.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I could see Ebron shooting up the boards; but I kind of think Mosely and Ebron are doing in the 15-25 range. If TT had stones I'd bless trading up a few spots for either.
    the problem with moving up is, we would have to lose our 2nd or 3rd round picks

and we need ever pick we have right now. cause we both know that TT isn't going to use free agency to fill our needs, so we need to draft at least 3 new starters, maybe 4 in this draft

i see us needing a starting S, ILB and TE for sure. maybe a starting center and fullback. 1 or 2 d-linemen that can imediately step into the rotation and get lots of playing time. and probably a WR who will be starting material within a year

so i guess i would be against trading up at this point, and i've never been all that excited about trading down

Blog Entries
    the problem with moving up is, we would have to lose our 2nd or 3rd round picks

and we need ever pick we have right now. cause we both know that TT isn't going to use free agency to fill our needs, so we need to draft at least 3 new starters, maybe 4 in this draft

i see us needing a starting S, ILB and TE for sure. maybe a starting center and fullback. 1 or 2 d-linemen that can imediately step into the rotation and get lots of playing time. and probably a WR who will be starting material within a year

so i guess i would be against trading up at this point, and i've never been all that excited about trading down

Every year you and I see glarding weakensses and beg TT to sign a couple mid tier free agents ahead of the draft so we don't "have" to take players for need. Last year we both pleaded for a safety and after TT neglected the positions we were pretty much screwed all of last year.

Signing a free agent safety and big body on the DL seems almost as easy as the call to fire Slocum