Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Finley getting 57th opinion on his neck today

Finley getting 57th opinion on his neck today

Sooner of later he'll find someone who will clear him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

Maybe his insurance policy stipulates 57 confirmations of the injury.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Sooner of later he'll find someone who will clear him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs
    Nick never found someone to clear him.

Time to take the $10M insurance and get on with with the rest of your life JF.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Maybe his insurance policy stipulates 57 confirmations of the injury.
    One for each state.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    One for each state.
    TAKE IT TO FYI !!!

But I do have to R-S-P-E-C-T the opinion of the doctors that Finley can keep if he wants to keep them.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Regardless of medical clearance, I don't think Finley will be a Packer or play in the NFL for that matter.

He had the same problem as Nick Collins and the Packers let Collins go, even though he was "Medically Cleared." No other team signed Collins - a player at the height of his career before the injury.

Finley is done, imo.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/...michael-finley

" The Seahawks and Dolphins have flirted with Finley, while the Jets, Chiefs, Giants, and Steelers have all been rumored to have interest.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported in late March that Finley was "at least two months" and "maybe several months more" from signing a contract. Apr 27 - 2:13 PM "
    Fr. LINK above
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

MM not closing the door on Finley:

"In my mind, he's a Green Bay Packer, hopefully," coach Mike McCarthy said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday. "He's going through a tough medical situation that we all recognize is a serious injury. My understanding is he's doing everything and beyond to get himself ready, and we'll continue to watch that."
    Maybe MM is just choosing not to talk negatively about a guy in a tough situation, but he has always liked Finley, despite the headaches he sometimes causes.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    MM not closing the door on Finley:

Maybe MM is just choosing not to talk negatively about a guy in a tough situation, but he has always liked Finley, despite the headaches he sometimes causes.
    It seems to me that.... MM's suffering a delusion of certain proportions.

JerMichael Finley has shown far too much interest in other NFL teams for MM to express this man love for him. Where's MM's pride?

If I was MM's advisor I wouldn't recommend commentary on JerMichael Finley and his status as a possible NFL TE.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It seems to me that.... MM's suffering a delusion of certain proportions.

JerMichael Finley has shown far too much interest in other NFL teams for MM to express this man love for him. Where's MM's pride?

If I was MM's advisor I wouldn't recommend commentary on JerMichael Finley and his status as a possible NFL TE.
    Disagree.

Just because Finley is looking for another team does not negate that the Packers should not keep an eye on his progress. The Packers drafted him and gave him every chance to succeed, why should they throw all that time, effort and money out the window and treat him as some pariah? MM showed no "man love" for him, just commented that he would like to keep him assuming his neck heals. Why shut the door on a talented player? Yes, he's hurt, but what would it say about MM if he just said "hit the bricks"? How would other players around the league take it where the head coach seemingly doesn't care about his players?

I thought he handled it just fine.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Disagree.

Just because Finley is looking for another team does not negate that the Packers should not keep an eye on his progress. The Packers drafted him and gave him every chance to succeed, why should they throw all that time, effort and money out the window and treat him as some pariah? MM showed no "man love" for him, just commented that he would like to keep him assuming his neck heals. Why shut the door on a talented player? Yes, he's hurt, but what would it say about MM if he just said "hit the bricks"? How would other players around the league take it where the head coach seemingly doesn't care about his players?

I thought he handled it just fine.
    Hear, hear! Repped.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hear, hear! Repped.

Riiiiiight Onnn !

The way some of you ram it in together can be counted on.

Sorry Lads but common sense rules the day:

Get out the chains or see this situation for what it is; see TE JerMichael Finley for what /who he is and "his double speak".

Visits to other NFL teams for a new contract and extending his NFL playing career and ** wanting to retire a Green Bay Packer** . Which is it JerMichael?

Why not simply use some common sense after sound analysis.

** The latter (or retirement as a Green Bay Packer) is obtainable as long as he simply faces the facts of his injury and retires now. I believe that after all the blah blah blah that it's going to most reasonably end right there.

Let's exmine it closer. Being silly isn't ever an incurable thing.

A) Jermichael Finley has shown more interest in the Seattle Seahawk and New York GIANTS organizations than a return to Green Bay where he has said a return means he want the same money he got pre-injury. See Ted Thompson and his needs to re-sign at least one of WR's Jordy Nelson and/or Randall Cobb....2015 UFA"s and star Green Bay Packer offensive weapons that offer superior returns than any injury afflicted JerMichael Finley.

B) JerMichael Finleys injury is similar to former star Safety Nick Collins and what was the Green Bay Packers response to that? Is a man like TT (the Green Bay Packers) going to make a decision about one star player (Nick Collins) and where the same decision is prudent RE: JerMichael Finley. Do an about turn? NO ! That's not logical nor likely.

Not that Ted Thompson can ever be accused of certain consistency. Take his latest draft and the claim he always drafts BPA. That went has gone out the door like used bath water after the 2014 draft. That TT is such a kidder.

C) Mike McCarthy is a football coach. MM is being over emotional and not using managerial skills required of an NFL GM. Ted Thompson won't be bringing JerMichael Finley back because Mike McCarthy can't use common sense and let go of this damaged TE.

D) Focusing on the personal and the man himself. JerMichael Finley isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. To allow JerMichael Finley to come back (again ... see Nick Collins) and with that decision. Put him at high risk that one hit could risk much more than his football life. Isn't going to happen.

It's a certain bye bye to TE JerMichael Finley and TE play in Green Bay.

Take that to the bank.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-15-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Jermichael Finley has shown more interest in the Seattle Seahawk and New York GIANTS organizations than a return to Green Bay where he has said a return means he want the same money he got pre-injury.
    Source on this?

Similar injury is not the same injury. Few players have returned from Collins injury. Many more have returned from Finley's injury. However, its not a lock every team Doc will clear him.

So his interest in other teams COULD be an indication that he wants to leave, or it might be an indication he MAY HAVE TO leave, in order to continue playing. Plus, either way it never hurts to have more than one suitor.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Source on this?

Similar injury is not the same injury. Few players have returned from Collins injury. Many more have returned from Finley's injury. However, its not a lock every team Doc will clear him.

So his interest in other teams COULD be an indication that he wants to leave, or it might be an indication he MAY HAVE TO leave, in order to continue playing. Plus, either way it never hurts to have more than one suitor.
    Your as up on this UFA as I am pbmax. There's not much that you miss as a Packer fan and my observations here. To top that off your competent as a fan in regards to being even in your common sense and personality.

You know as well as me that he has been in contact with the Seattle Seahawks and the New York giants don't you?

OK:

Jermichael Finley and the New York Giants:

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyor...aying-for-him/

Jermichael Finley Says He’d Play for Giants If Ben McAdoo Came Calling; Loves Playing for Him

May 13th, 2014 at 9:00 AM

By: Doug Rush

" Since the beginning of the offseason, there has been one very popular name that has been linked to the New York Giants from the very beginning, talk that all started when he was being recruited to play for the team by Antrel Rolle during Super Bowl XLVIII; Jermichael Finley of the Green Bay Packers."

Jermichael Finley and the NY GIANTS and ...the Seattle Seahawks:

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/5/15...michael-finley

NFL Free Agency 2014: Tight end market is Jermichael Finley and who else?

By: Ed Valentine  @bigblueview on May 15 2014, 12:00p

" If and when that clearance ever comes, the Giants will have some competition if they want the services of the 27-year-old Finley. The Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks have reportedly shown some interest, and ..... a return to the Packers is also apparently not out of the question."

This talk and these NFL teams and this former Green Bay Packer TE and his desires to continue his NFL career. Has been in the news for weeks now.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-15-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Both articles mention nothing about money. Finley's interest in the Giants is due to McAdoo (a father figure), based on one quote. The Seattle rumor cites unsubstantiated rumors. No evidence supporting anything having to do with how much money Finley wants. Try again.

P.S. Madtown's rules are pretty simple - not posting of personal information.

Both articles mention nothing about money. Finley's interest in the Giants is due to McAdoo (a father figure), based on one quote. The Seattle rumor cites unsubstantiated rumors. No evidence supporting anything having to do with how much money Finley wants. Try again.

P.S. Madtown's rules are pretty simple - not posting of personal information - leave the pic of you and your brother off the site.
    When did money become the specific of this argument? Get real please. Ohh forget that suggestion. Your "way past" out to lunch.

I never imagined a bigger ASSHOLE could exist such as you. That's obviously your life's greatest endeavour to remain supreme in that category.

What a joke you are. Your so delisciously idiotic to me.

Do you in your narcissistic manner actually imagine that I answer to you here?

Your seriously deluded if you do.

Your like a fly.........that's right.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-15-2014 at 03:03 PM.

I'm sorry, I missed the link to the article about Finley's contract demands in this post. Or are you just tossing insults again?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Get out the chains or see this situation for what it is; see TE JerMichael Finley for what /who he is and "his double speak".

Visits to other NFL teams for a new contract and extending his NFL playing career and ** wanting to retire a Green Bay Packer** . Which is it JerMichael?

Why not simply use some common sense after sound analysis.

** The latter (or retirement as a Green Bay Packer) is obtainable as long as he simply faces the facts of his injury and retires now. I believe that after all the blah blah blah that it's going to most reasonably end right there.

Let's exmine it closer. Being silly isn't ever an incurable thing.

A) Jermichael Finley has shown more interest in the Seattle Seahawk and New York GIANTS organizations than a return to Green Bay where he has said a return means he want the same money he got pre-injury. See Ted Thompson and his needs to re-sign at least one of WR's Jordy Nelson and/or Randall Cobb....2015 UFA"s and star Green Bay Packer offensive weapons that offer superior returns than any injury afflicted JerMichael Finley.

B) JerMichael Finleys injury is similar to former star Safety Nick Collins and what was the Green Bay Packers response to that? Is a man like TT (the Green Bay Packers) going to make a decision about one star player (Nick Collins) and where the same decision is prudent RE: JerMichael Finley. Do an about turn? NO ! That's not logical nor likely.

Not that Ted Thompson can ever be accused of certain consistency. Take his latest draft and the claim he always drafts BPA. That went has gone out the door like used bath water after the 2014 draft. That TT is such a kidder.

C) Mike McCarthy is a football coach. MM is being over emotional and not using managerial skills required of an NFL GM. Ted Thompson won't be bringing JerMichael Finley back because Mike McCarthy can't use common sense and let go of this damaged TE.

D) Focusing on the personal and the man himself. JerMichael Finley isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. To allow JerMichael Finley to come back (again ... see Nick Collins) and with that decision. Put him at high risk that one hit could risk much more than his football life. Isn't going to happen.

It's a certain bye bye to TE JerMichael Finley and TE play in Green Bay.

Take that to the bank.
    Yes, JF has stated he is willing to look at other teams, but his preference is retiring as a Packer. It's a business and he knows it is. The Packers can cut bait with him at any time and he knows it so he is keeping his options open as he wants to play again.

PFT article supporting this: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lling-seattle/

This is extremely common when a player hits FA, they always say they want to stay with their former team in order to get more offers on the table and thus get the best contract. To be shocked that a player does this is being obtuse to the realities of the NFL.

You haven't shown any evidence that MM is being "overly emotional" about Finley. His statement that was referenced above shows nothing remotely over the top.

I personally don't think Finley is coming back given the injury. I would be surprised if he does end up getting cleared given what has been reported.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

When did money become the specific of this argument? Get real please. Ohh forget that suggestion. Your "way past" out to lunch.

I never imagined a bigger ASSHOLE could exist such as you. That's obviously your life's greatest endeavour to remain supreme in that category.

What a joke you are. Your so delisciously idiotic to me.

nice edit. Stay classy, San Diego.

P.S. Madtown's rules are pretty simple - not posting of personal information.
    Be specific "Troubled Child".

What exact personal information did I post here on this thread?

You cannot go there because your obsessions slime you.

Your always "the LOSER". So ....best to simply waddle away mraynrand.