Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Finley getting 57th opinion on his neck today

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    My uncle had a proctologist named Dr. Butz.
    Who once pulled a thermometer out of his pocket, frowned and said "Some asshole walked off with my pen".

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Who once pulled a thermometer out of his pocket, frowned and said "Some asshole walked off with my pen".
    lol!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

read that they removed his name-plate from his locker.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    My wife had a urologist named Dr. Rivers.
    There is a family practice doctor in Madison named Dr. Bonebreak.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I once heard of an infectious disease doctor named Dr. Menkes (pronounced men-kiss).

I think it's interesting that we are full bore into training camp and Finley doesn't seem to be getting even a nibble at an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I think it's interesting that we are full bore into training camp and Finley doesn't seem to be getting even a nibble at an offer.
    No Johnny Jolly news either. At least Finley Has couple million in the bank to tied him over till social security checks come in. Poor Jolly - newly married, no job skills, out of the league with cigarette money. I hoped he could make a real comeback.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Wonder if Finley is going to use the possibility of his $10M insurance policy going away as incentive to push hard for an NFL team to sign him. He and his agent didn't help their cases by coming out and saying he was medically cleared to play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jermich...03667-nfl.html
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Wonder if Finley is going to use the possibility of his $10M insurance policy going away as incentive to push hard for an NFL team to sign him. He and his agent didn't help their cases by coming out and saying he was medically cleared to play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jermich...03667-nfl.html
    Wow, tough spot to be in. As a player, you want to tell clubs you are healthy enough to play, but you don't want the unintended consequence of your confidence/medical clearance to be that you potentially lose out on an insurance settlement that would potentially pay you more than you are likely to make, since any team, including the Packers are likely going to have him do a 1 year "prove it" deal for far less than 10 mil.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Fin was poison before the injury, now the Vikings wouldn't even touch him, and they LOVE Packer castoffs.

Of course there is a good chance nobody is nibbling because of his injury. NE, who need TEs, passed.

His contract demands are too steep. He wont be getting much guaranteed due to his injury history and specifically his bad one last year. I think the insurance article that came out recently is mostly conjecture.