Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Greene Working for the Eagles

Kevin Greene Working for the Eagles

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...s-rushers.html

Quote Originally Posted by DC Bill Davis
    "He’s out here helping us coach," Davis said. "He shouldn’t be here this weekend. He should be getting a gold jacket fitted, because the guys got 160 career sacks. I know I’m [bias] to him, but I really do believe it’s time for him to be in the Hall. But his knowledge of the simplicity of pass rush, and what he’s bringing here for three days to help us and to pick his brain of how he did it, the players are grabbing him and how he did. It was very basic, fundamental way of rushing the passer that he’s bringing to our guys."
    Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...FrP0x1tVXi5.99
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

DAMN! I so did not want to see this happen, but I can't say I'm surprised
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Ouch, that stings. I loathe the Eagles! I have to deal with irritating, whiny Eagle fans on a regular basis. To see Greene, a coach I loved in GB because of his fire and passion, was depressed to see him leave, now yucking it up with the Beagles staff. Ugh, that hurts.

Must be some kind of consulting gig atm. He's not listed on Philly's staff page (yet, anyway).
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

He is there for 3 days only. Perhaps his wife is also less than enthusiastic about Philly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He is there for 3 days only. Perhaps his wife is also less than enthusiastic about Philly.
    Who wouldn't be?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

MARK: Al!
    AL: Hey, there, Marcus. What’s up?
    MARK: Jeez!
    AL: What’s going on, buddy?
    MARK: I don’t\’t get it, Al. I don’t understand it.
    AL: You want something? Want a drink? I’ll call the waitress…
    MARK: No! No! Don’t even try. (Gets a breath.) I don’t know what’s going on today, Al. But it’s weird.
    AL: What, like…?
    MARK: Right from the time I got up.
    AL: What is it? What’s the story?
    MARK: Well—just for an example. This morning I stopped off at a drug store to buy some aspirin. This is at a big drug store, right?
    AL: Yeah…
    MARK: I go up to the counter, the guy says “What can I do for you?” I say, “Give me a bottle of aspirin.” The guy gives me this funny look and he says, “Oh, we don’t have that, sir.” I said to him, “You’re a drug store and you don’t have any aspirin?”
    AL: Did they have Bufferin?
    MARK: Yeah!
    AL: Advil?
    AL: Extra-strength Tylenol?
    AL: But no aspirin.
    MARK: No!
    AL: Wow…
    MARK: And that’s the kind of weird thing that’s been happening all day. It’s like, I go to a newsstand to buy the DAILY NEWS, the guy never even heard of it.
    AL: Could have been a misunderstanding.
    MARK: I asked every place—nobody had the news! I had to read the TORONTO HAIRDRESSER. Or this. I go into a Deli at lunchtime to buy a sandwich, the guy tells me they don’t have any Pastrami. How can they be a Deli if they don’t have Pastrami?
    AL: Was this a Korean deli?
    MARK: This was a Kosher from Jerusalem Deli. “Oh we don’t carry that, sir.”
    He says to me. “Have some tongue.”
    AL: Mmm.
    MARK: I just got into a cab, the guy says he doesn’t go to 56th street! He offers to take me to Newark instead!
    AL: Mm-hm.
    MARK: Looking at me like I’m an alien or something!
    AL: Mark. Settle down.
    MARK: “Oh, I don’t go there, sir.”
    AL: Settle down. Take a breath.
    MARK: Do you know what this is?
    AL: Sure.
    MARK: What is it? What’s happening to me?
    AL: Don’t panic. You’re in a Philadelphia.
    MARK: I’m in a what?
    AL: You’re in a Philadelphia. That’s all.
    MARK: But I’m in—
    AL: Yes, physically you’re in New York. But, metaphysically, you’re in a Philadelphia.
    MARK: I’ve never heard of this!
    AL: You see, inside of what we know as reality there are these pockets, these black holes called Philadelphias. If you fall into one, you run up against exactly the kinda stuff that’s been happening to you all day.
    MARK: Why?
    AL: Because in a Philadelphia, no matter what you ask for, you can’t get it. You ask for something, they’re not going to have it. You want to do something, it ain’t gonna get done. You want to go somewhere, you can’t get there from here.

MARK: I don’t know. It’s not that bad in a Philadelphia.
    WAITRESS: Could be worse. I’ve been in a Cleveland all week.
    MARK: A Cleveland. What’s that like?
    WAITRESS: It’s like death, without the advantages.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Will consult for cheesesteaks.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Will consult for cheesesteaks.
    Go to Geno's one day, Pat's the next.

Mmmm, cheesesteaks. J's Subs and Der Wienerschnitzel. Salvatore's Pizza. Food is good an hour north of Philly.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Go to Geno's one day, Pat's the next.
    Man I love Pat's. My wife's from the Poconos area in PA and we drove out there one year from WI and eating at Pat's made the trip worth it.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I don't make much of it. His old coach from his playing days coaches for the Iggles, and invited him there for a couple of days, ostensibly to give the D some pass rushing tips.

If he says he's a fulltime dad, I'm willing to take him at his word. I'd rather raise my kid in GB than Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I told you guys she was the reason for him leaving GB, his nephew who I'm friends with said she didn't like the small town and prefers big cities. He told me he could see his uncle back with the Steelers in a year so Eagles actually make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I don't make much of it. His old coach from his playing days coaches for the Iggles, and invited him there for a couple of days, ostensibly to give the D some pass rushing tips.

If he says he's a fulltime dad, I'm willing to take him at his word. I'd rather raise my kid in GB than Philly.
    Of course yo would, you are a Packers fan. The whole city of Philly isn't shit and I'm pretty sure they have better private schools then GB.

Brandon did call this one a long time ago. He is making his way to Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I told you guys she was the reason for him leaving GB, his nephew who I'm friends with said she didn't like the small town and prefers big cities. He told me he could see his uncle back with the Steelers in a year so Eagles actually make sense.
    This is where a top notch GM/org will out shine others. Do what it takes to keep good players and coaches happy, if his wife wasn't happy in GB, put her on a plane to go on a shopping trip a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    This is where a top notch GM/org will out shine others. Do what it takes to keep good players and coaches happy, if his wife wasn't happy in GB, put her on a plane to go on a shopping trip a week.
    Yeah right, fly the position coach's wife to NY once a week, that would set a nice precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Yeah right, fly the position coach's wife to NY once a week, that would set a nice precedent.
    Yeah, because pro sports teams aren't known for frivolous spending.

Back to cheesesteaks, Geno's and Pat's are the tourist spots. If you like them that's cool but John's Roast Pork blows them both away. John's cheesesteak is amazing but if you want a real insane sandwich get the Original Roast Pork Sandwich Italian style with provolone. Made my trip to Philly complete...