Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Finley getting 57th opinion on his neck today

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...anks---te?pg=2

Post-Draft Dynasty Ranks - TE

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Ranked 26th Gavin Escobar DAL Age 23.5 Drafted 2013-2

Ranked 27th Colt Lyerla GB Age 21.8 .... 2014-UFA

Ranked 28th Jermichael Finley FA age = 27.4 Drafted 2008-3
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Well, maybe Collins. He was a big part of the one they did win. Finley, on the other hand was not much of a factor in the SB winning season, but was around for all of the following season, wasn't he?
    Yes, Finley was around for the 15-1 season, and the Packers offense was much better.

2009 - Offense = 28.8 points/game; Defense = 18.6 points/game (gave up 51 points in playoff loss)
    2010 - Offense = 24.3 points/game; Defense = 15.0 points/game (gave up 19 points/game in playoffs; never more than 25 points)
    2011 - Offense = 35.0 points/game; Defense = 22.4 points/game (gave up 37 points in playoff loss)
    2012 - Offense = 27.1 points/game; Defense = 21.0 points/game (gave up 45 points in playoff loss)

Seems to me like the Packers offense was much better off when Finley was healthy.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Well, maybe Collins. He was a big part of the one they did win. Finley, on the other hand was not much of a factor in the SB winning season, but was around for all of the following season, wasn't he?

'back-to-back' - get it fellas?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Yes, Finley was around for the 15-1 season, and the Packers offense was much better.

2009 - Offense = 28.8 points/game; Defense = 18.6 points/game (gave up 51 points in playoff loss)
    2010 - Offense = 24.3 points/game; Defense = 15.0 points/game (gave up 19 points/game in playoffs; never more than 25 points)
    2011 - Offense = 35.0 points/game; Defense = 22.4 points/game (gave up 37 points in playoff loss)
    2012 - Offense = 27.1 points/game; Defense = 21.0 points/game (gave up 45 points in playoff loss)

Seems to me like the Packers offense was much better off when Finley was healthy.
    I don't think you can compare a year with Finley to one without him, and conclude that he was responsible for the differences. The offense changes, the team is different. I think a better comparison can be made looking at the years in which he was injured. You can compare how they performed before and after he was injured. In 2010, his departure didn't seem to impact scoring, in 2013 scoring without him dropped by about 3 points/game, but Rodgers was also out most of those same games, and I don't think it is extreme to think the loss of Rodgers had more to do with it than the loss of Finley.

In my opinion, Finley should be making much more of an impact on the offense than he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    $4 million, one year. $1 million tied to game day roster bonuses.
    Sounds about right.
    I would sign that deal with Finley.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Let him walk. Go forward with a number one that can catch and doesn't spout off in the media.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Let him walk. Go forward with a number one that can catch and doesn't spout off in the media.
    Absolutely, Fin wasn't that great before the injury. Even if they could get him on the cheap, he's never going to be the player he was before the injury, both physically and mentally.

Not sure what I'd offer Finley. Maybe in the 1 year for 3-4M range. Something that wouldn't prevent me from making good offers to Jordy and Cobb.

That said, I think Finley's gone. GB leans more conservatively with neck injuries, plus they have Quarless, Bostick, Taylor, Rodgers, Lyerla and Perillo. They can find 4 TEs from that group; the question is whether they can find one that is a pass catching threat who can stay healthy. Lyerla is probably the only one who has the athleticism to scare a Cover 2 defense.

I am seriously conflicted about whether this makes me think Finley is a better option or that its clear he is done.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 20s
    Even though transaction report suggests Jermichael Finley visited Patriots on Monday, it happened on Friday.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 20m
    RT @Edwerderespn: Hearing Jermichael Finley visit to Patriots was exclusively for medical evaluation of his spinal fusion surgery.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That would be opinion #58, then.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That would be opinion #58, then.
    I think #59. Fins doc cleared him last week.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think #59. Fins doc cleared him last week.
    So is he 1 and 58 in opinions?

http://espn.go.com/boston/?topId=11026208

The Backup Plan?

New England needs tight-end depth, and veteran talent is available. So what's the holdup?

This video is really about Jermichael Finley; but there's more Packers as well.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I would sign that deal with Finley.
    yup...there's your cheap, one-year, "show us", contract.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/boston/?topId=11026208

The Backup Plan?

New England needs tight-end depth, and veteran talent is available. So what's the holdup?

This video is really about Jermichael Finley; but there's more Packers as well.
    See above: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post788208

Doctor Shopping

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 51m
    Technically visited Steelers team doc. RT @AaronNagler: Jermichael Finley has interest from the Raiders and visited Steelers, per @RapSheet.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 48m
    Important distinction. How many of these visits are purely medical for now? RT @RapSheet: Finley technically visited Steelers team doc.

so finley has visited the seahawks to get checked out, and they passed

the pats brought him in to check him out, didn't offer him a deal

steelers doc checked him out, no offer

anyone noticing a pattern?

everyone that has looked at his neck has decided it doesn't look good

CAREER---------OVER

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

CAREER---------OVER
    nek

Took 10.5 months for Richardson to be brought back. No reason to hurry. No one has reported Packers or Giants have lost interest.