Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Finley getting 57th opinion on his neck today

It'd be pretty funny if they left the stanky unwashed jocks and cleats in the locker when they delivered it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

http://www.chatsports.com/minnesota-...tion-2-9879274

Jermichael Finley Tweet Sets Off Vikings Speculation

By: Dan Zinski 1d ago

Comment woodbuck27:

We've entered "the Dog Days" in the NFL Season.

" ... What is Jermichael Finley doing these days? Apparently he was hanging out in the Minneapolis area on Sunday if this tweet is any indication. ... " Fr. LINK

Tweet:

" ... What’s Going On In The #TwinCities 2day?

— Jermichael Finley (@JermichaelF88) May 25, 2014 ... " Fr. Link

Please click on the LINK if you want to reads the rest of this story.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Why does he keep on hanging out in Minneapolis? Isn't he from Texas?

I think he's career is over. I know MM wants to think differently, but I'm getting that ol' Nick Collins feeling about all this.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

There is a place in Minneapolis that Finley has worked out at in the offseason before, including 2011 when he was coming back from his knee injury. This is nothing new.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...michael-finley

Demovsky: You're referring to the tweet that Jermichael Finley posted in which he proclaimed that he had "Awesome News!" A few hours later, however, he tweeted something about a "minor setback" for a "major #comeback." I can tell you that after talking to several people about the matter after those tweets, that there has been no change in either his medical clearance or his contractual status with the Packers. Until the former changes, meaning the Packers' doctors give him the OK to return to the field, nothing will happen with the latter. And let's be clear about this: Even if Finley's doctor says it's safe for him to resume his career, that does not mean individual doctors for NFL teams will have the same opinion.
    Shorter version: Nothing has changed.
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-27-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Why does he keep on hanging out in Minneapolis? Isn't he from Texas?

I think he's career is over. I know MM wants to think differently, but I'm getting that ol' Nick Collins feeling about all this.
    Here's a guess:

It's the food:

i.e. The deliscious turkey drumsticks and jerk-style chicken wings; deep-fried pumpkin pie and mini-doughnut-batter ice cream....Chocolate covered cheese?

Yum Yum !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://bleacherreport.com/green-bay-packers

Tom Silverstein ✔ @TomSilverstein

New from JS: Jermichael Finley will undergo testing with Packers Wednesday http://bit.ly/1hwEARy #packers

11:42 PM - 27 May 2014

12 Retweets

For a guy with only 223 receptions and 20 TDs in 6 seasons, he certainly gets a lot of press.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    For a guy with only 223 receptions and 20 TDs in 6 seasons, he certainly gets a lot of press.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    What's the eye roll for? It wasn't a criticism of him, just a comment on the way his career has evolved, influenced more by injuries than anything.

At some point, and I would suggest with six seasons in the bank the point has come, it should be realized that is career trajectory is set. Can he possible still have a big year? Sure. But something will likely always get in the way of a truly fantastic season. First it was immaturity, then leg injuries, followed by a knee injury and surgery. Then, a concussion followed by the neck injury and another surgery. Drops have made him unreliable for long stretches, even when he was otherwise healthy.

He's never had an 800 yard season. He has had 3 games of 100 yards or more, the last in 2010. He has had four games of 80-100 yards, the last in 2011.

He seems to get press based on potential, because injuries and some of his own failings (drops) have suppressed his actual performance. But press based on potential for a skill position player entering his 7th season seems misplaced, in my opinion.

That said, I would like to see him back in GB, but not if it takes a big contract to get him there. I think that would be wasted money.

Really.

Finley is much better than the likes of Quarless. Richard Rodgers looks he'll be a JAG in the Quarless mold to me. Finley changes how defenses cover us. None of our other guys do. (Lyerla does have the talent to be that kind of guy.)
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Of course him tweeting so much gets him a lot of air time and press attention.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    All I asked was that Finley live up to his contract somewhere near the level of Scott Wells. Then the neck injury. Oh. the HUMANITY!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Finley is much better than the likes of Quarless. Richard Rodgers looks he'll be a JAG in the Quarless mold to me. Finley changes how defenses cover us. None of our other guys do. (Lyerla does have the talent to be that kind of guy.)
    Colt Ly err laa.... Aaron Rodgers may be thinking great thoughts and this Rookie. Plans !!

Another TE prospect that uses Twitter.

If he gets it right, Colt Lyerla may be a Green Bay Packer fan favourite. He has such potential !

https://twitter.com/LongLiveLyerla/media

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...nd-colt-lyerla

Colt Lyeria college fans.

A Colt Lyeria Twitter Page:

https://twitter.com/LongLiveLyerla
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-28-2014 at 09:34 AM.

I'm not buying that. He draws little linebacker coverage, but even when its the 3/4 CB or a safety, its single coverage. No one rolls coverage to him. Captain crossing route hasn't made that kind of dent in a while. Not since the knee injury.
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-28-2014 at 09:46 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    [IMG]TLS 1.2, AES with 128 bit encryption (High); ECDH_P256 with 256 bit exchange[/IMG]
    Your encryption and encoding is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Your encryption and encoding is showing.
    Your Johnny on the spot... I corrected for that already.

Thanks pbmax... and have a great day.

Finley CAN do those things, but too often does not. He does not do them standing on the sidelines with yet another injury. It seemed to me that defenses were becoming less and less concerned about him as his problems with drops continued from one season to the next. He is an inconsistent blocker on top of the injury and drop issues. He is a veteran player going into his 7th season. Basically, he is a player that can not be relied on because of injuries, drops and inconsistent effort and technique in blocking. I don't expect any of that to change, but he still will do things to get people excited from time to time.

He is the Jeff George of tight ends. A guy who has ability to be much better than his actual performances for many reason, including injuries. Every time Jeff George was available, the press and fans went crazy, and every where he went, his actual performance failed to live up to their hopes and expectations.

Finley will continue to suffer from injuries. He will continue having issues with drops. He will continue to be an inconsistent blocker. The trick is determining what value he has apart from those things.

Keeping him in GB would, however, be quite interesting if he can be paired with a healthy and experienced Quarless, a focused Lyerla and an up and coming reliable Rodgers. It would allow Finley to focus on what he does best, while still presenting reasonable options in the passing game with the other TEs. In view of Finley's history, I juts don't want to see them risk a lot of cap dollars with Finley

Nothing Has Changed

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 1m
    Source on Finley added: "It's a formality, no testing. Nothing more, nothing less." #Packers
    Details coming on http://ESPN.com soon

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2m
    Source said Finley had plans to travel to GB w/his family. While in town will check in w/ #Packers docs b/c he has not seen them recently.