Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The 10 Best First Overall Picks In NFL Draft History

The 10 Best First Overall Picks In NFL Draft History

http://www.therichest.com/sports/foo...draft-history/

The 10 Best First Overall Picks In NFL Draft History

By: Zac Wassink • Apr. 15, 2014
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

#s 9 and 10 are people that cause me to have hatred for players, no matter what their skill level is. You just so f'ing big that you get to cry about who you play for. Manning has caused me to have that hatred spill to all Mannings, even if they never played football. I can remember watching that draft live. San Diego is about to make that POS the highest paid member of the NFL and puss boy has the worst look on his face as he takes the stage. Too bad they didn't keep him and let him ride the pine for 5 years and then trade him to Oakland. Same with horseface.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    #s 9 and 10 are people that cause me to have hatred for players, no matter what their skill level is. You just so f'ing big that you get to cry about who you play for. Manning has caused me to have that hatred spill to all Mannings, even if they never played football. I can remember watching that draft live. San Diego is about to make that POS the highest paid member of the NFL and puss boy has the worst look on his face as he takes the stage. Too bad they didn't keep him and let him ride the pine for 5 years and then trade him to Oakland. Same with horseface.
    Not saying I agree but John Elway and Jim Kelly did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I know, Elway was the #9 that I was referring to. aka horseface

I remember Elway's situation, but not Kelly's. What was the story with him?

In all the games I have watched Eli Manning play, I have never once thought to myself "great quarterback".

To me, great players transcend the players around them, whether those players are good or bad. I never felt that Bradshaw did that. If you put him on a mediocre team he would have been a mediocre QB in my opinion. Heck, he wasn't a great QB even playing with great players all around him.

A guy who was a really good QB playing with mostly junk around him most of his career was Archie Manning. By the time he got out of New Orleans, he was physically beat to a pulp.

Kelley bailed for the CFL, but he did eventually play for the Bills obviously. He did it the right way. The other two pretty much just thew bitch fits but were not willing to back up their words by playing in a different league.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I remember Elway's situation, but not Kelly's. What was the story with him?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Kelly

Because of fellow quarterback John Elway's well-publicized reluctance to play for the Baltimore Colts, which chose him in the 1983 NFL Draft, Kelly's agent asked whether there were any teams he would not play for. Kelly, who disliked cold weather, listed the Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, and Buffalo Bills. He was pleased to see while watching the 1983 draft on television that the Bills did not select him as the 12th pick in the first round, but learned from his agent that the team had another first-round pick; the Bills chose Kelly as the 14th pick. Although Kelly at the time stated that he had expected the Bills to choose him, he later said, "You have to say those things ... I cried. (Laughs) I didn't really literally cry. I just had tears. I'm like, 'You got to be kidding me.'"[8]

Although he believed that team owner Ralph Wilson would not bring in the right players to build a championship team,[6] Kelly was resigned to playing for the Bills. While meeting with the team to negotiate his contract, however, a Bills secretary mistakenly let Bruce Allen, general manager of the rival United States Football League's Chicago Blitz, reach Kelly on the telephone; Allen persuaded Kelly to leave the meeting. Kelly later claimed that the USFL offered him his choice of teams because of the league's interest in signing quarterbacks. He signed with the Houston Gamblers, who played in the climate-controlled Houston Astrodome, and said, "Would you rather be in Houston or Buffalo?"[8]

In two seasons in Houston, leading coach Mouse Davis' run-and-shoot offense, he threw for 9,842 yards and 83 touchdowns, completing 63% with an average of 8.53 yards per attempt with 45 interceptions. He was the USFL MVP in 1984, when he set a league record with 5,219 yards passing and 44 TD passes. Kelly's USFL records eclipsed those of fellow league quarterbacks Doug Williams and Steve Young. When the Houston Gamblers folded, Kelly went to the New Jersey Generals and was slated as their starting quarterback. Kelly also appeared on a cover of Sports Illustrated while holding a Generals' helmet, but the league collapsed before he ever fielded a snap with the Generals.[9]

Thanks. Don't know why I don't remember that about Kelly. Even reading about it know, I have no recollection of it.

I developed an early dislike for Elway because of that maneuver. Mostly because I feared it would be pulled on the Browns at some point. That concern was a bit ironic, considering the Brown paid a high draft pick to the Bills for another CFL holdout of theirs, named Tom Cousineau.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I know, Elway was the #9 that I was referring to. aka horseface
    Ya know, I hear this all the time and as a horse lover, it's just plain mean to horses. You need to stop it. People love horses. Elway, not so much.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

how the hell is eli on that list? he's not even a top 10 QB in the league right now

if eli's last name was anything other then manning people would be openly discussing how much he sucks as a QB. Peyton saying that eli was the better QB when eli was still in college is the most important thing to ever happen to eli's career. that made his career

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    how the hell is eli on that list? he's not even a top 10 QB in the league right now

if eli's last name was anything other then manning people would be openly discussing how much he sucks as a QB. Peyton saying that eli was the better QB when eli was still in college is the most important thing to ever happen to eli's career. that made his career
    Its all about the bling bling, hes this generation's Terry Bradshaw.

Paul Hornung and Orlando Pace come to mind as guys who got stiffed. And Bo Jackson was as dominant of a RB as I ever saw in his short time in the league.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Paul Hornung and Orlando Pace come to mind as guys who got stiffed. And Bo Jackson was as dominant of a RB as I ever saw in his short time in the league.
    Agreed. Chuck Bednarik wasn't too shabby either. I don't think the Eagles ever regretted that pick!

Its all about the bling bling, hes this generation's Terry Bradshaw.
    Hadn't thought of it that way, but you are spot on.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ya know, I hear this all the time and as a horse lover, it's just plain mean to horses. You need to stop it. People love horses. Elway, not so much.

Seriously, I didn't see the horse until I looked at the photo a second time.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Pictures like this make me wonder why I have not simply moved to a warm coast somewhere.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Pictures like this make me wonder why I have not simply moved to a warm coast somewhere.
    Is one of the coasts of Green Bay warmer than the other?

Is one of the coasts of Green Bay warmer than the other?
    I wouldn't call either warm, but the Bay coast is warmER than the Lake Michigan coast. Still not what I had in mind.