View Poll Results: HOW MANY FREE AGENTS DOES TT SIGN BEFORE THE DRAFT AT OVER 2.5 MIL/YR

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Think Jim More..FREE AGENTS...FREE AGENTS ?? 0

3 15.79%
  • We're bottomfeeding. Maybe one or two but not for that price

3 15.79%
  • One Outside Free Agent Starter

10 52.63%
  • Two outside free agents who will start

2 10.53%
  • TT runs wild in free agency and sings three or more at that price !!!

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BEFORE THE DRAFT, HOW MANY OUTSIDE FREE AGENTS DOES TT SIGN AT OVER 2.5 MIL/YR

Blog Entries

BEFORE THE DRAFT, HOW MANY OUTSIDE FREE AGENTS DOES TT SIGN AT OVER 2.5 MIL/YR

OK....let's go on record. Some of us, year after year note how it would be great if we'd shore up some glarding weakensses before the draft so we can draft BPA with strenght. Others offer up excuses year after year after year after we don't do so, and some just defend whatever we do at all costs....right or wrong.

This year represents a year where there is a large amount of starters available in free agency at spots where we need serious help.

HERE IS YOUR SHOT TO PREDICT

How many OUTSIDE FREE AGENTS FROM OTHER TEAMS does TT sign for more than an average of two and a half mil per year before the draft..which starts late this year

My reasoning for the two point five is that would seem the minimal starting point to sign a starter...and maybe even that is too small of a number.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    KEEP IN MIND...............OUR OWN DO NOOOOOOOOOOOT COUNT

This is outside free agents only
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Before the draft....probably not any, but possibly one.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    I say none, but I'm stumping for Louis Delmas in the other thread.

So I vote none, hope for LD to be signed.

If the "other team" is in the CFL does that count? Cause if so we are at 1 already. Raymond Webber, come on down.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...c-9d33fb7b8a2b
    Go PACK

He'll sign a safety.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'll say two!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    If the "other team" is in the CFL does that count? Cause if so we are at 1 already. Raymond Webber, come on down.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...c-9d33fb7b8a2b

Did he sign for over two and a half million a year ??

Scrap Heap does not count.....

So its $2.5 mil* and starting?

I say one. I will buy what Rapoport is selling and say D lineman.

But I think there will be more former starters who will have a shot, unsure of price.

*Average per year I am guessing?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So its $2.5 mil* and starting?

I say one. I will buy what Rapoport is selling and say D lineman.

But I think there will be more former starters who will have a shot, unsure of price.

*Average per year I am guessing?

YES////I debated what to set the annual salary at ...trying to assume TT is signing somebody to start.....maybe should have went 3MIL a year but settled on 2.5

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I'm thinking we'll be looking for a Donald Lee level of tight end for this season even if we bring back Quarless. That's not a position you'd like to start a rookie unless you have to. A body on the DL seems likely considering all we may be losing. If we pay big bucks my guess is that it'll be for an outside pass rusher. The biggest need on the team is free safety, but that's not an awful spot to start a rookie and the draft looks like a better way to fill that need. I'm guessing two.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Kind of hard to predict when we don't know if we'll be able to resign Shields. If we resign Shields, I'd say one guy higher than $2.5M. If not, I'd say three guys higher than $2.5M. Of course, it's more likely that he'll resign Shields and give extensions to Nelson and Cobb.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    TT goes nuts on vet defense. Three major deals, lineman, safety and OLB.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    TT goes nuts on vet defense. Three major deals, lineman, safety and OLB.
    Randy Starks, Jarius Byrd and Brian Orakpo....and we are in cap hell forever after.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Hoping for a safety. Then just use the rest to keep our own key FA's and upcoming FA's.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I'm interested to know if there really is anyone out there TT likes better than his own. Guys high on his board that got away on draft day perhaps?
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I'm interested to know if there really is anyone out there TT likes better than his own. Guys high on his board that got away on draft day perhaps?
    There must be someone he likes better than M.D. Jennings. Jennings got benched a couple of times this year, but they had to keep going back to him because there really wasn't anyone else.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    There must be someone he likes better than M.D. Jennings. Jennings got benched a couple of times this year, but they had to keep going back to him because there really wasn't anyone else.
    I prefer 'hole in zone' to Jennings right about now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Kind of hard to predict when we don't know if we'll be able to resign Shields. If we resign Shields, I'd say one guy higher than $2.5M. If not, I'd say three guys higher than $2.5M. Of course, it's more likely that he'll resign Shields and give extensions to Nelson and Cobb.

PAST EXPERIENCES WOULD MAKE THIS THE WISEST ANSWER

Then he and Clay can monopolize the shampoo commercial contracts...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png