2. Khalil Mack
    2. Jake Matthews
    2. Taylor Lewan
    3. Mike Evans
    3. Aaron Donald
    3. Blake Bortles

I just saw this:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Not close .................................................. ...............................................no cigar.

I think your trying to make some point. Yet it slips me as to what it is.

I wonder if TT would have had his two 5th's the 6th and 7th with a trade up for any of your guys?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-11-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i love the idea of this, but i completely suck at these kinds of things. plus i really only know guys that are gonna go in the first couple of rounds
    I predict that your not surprized you won this...it was money all the way.

As a whole our predictions weren't close percentage wise and looking at the number of predicted pricks Vs actual picks.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Annoyed with the Vikes. They've had a nice draft.
    Not many if any NFL teams drafted better.

The Vikings killed it.

If Bridgewater falls apart, they still are limited as a team, no matter how much better they got at other positions. That's what I will be telling myself.

Apparently, Red got more for picking Janis in round 3 (when we took him in the 7th round) than I did for nailing Adams in the 2nd round.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I was out of town that weekend, so I guess I forgot to tally the points. But Red won because he got 7 points for Janis. I think Red might be the first person to pick a player who drafted in the 7th round. I had Jolly in the 6th round one year.

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    1, 21 - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
    2, 53 - Dante Moncrief, WR, Old Miss
    3, 85 - Westin Richburg, C, Colorado State
    3, 98 - Telvin Smith, LB, FSU (just found out he failed drug test at combine - probably knocked him off Ted's board)
    4, 121 - Crockett Gilmour, TE, Colorado State
    5, 161 - Dexter McDougal, CB, Maryland (depends on his shoulder, but hell of a player if docs pass him)
    5, 176 - Jeff Matthews, QB, Cornell
    6, 197 - Matt Patchan, OT, Boston College
    7, 236 - Matt Hazel, WR, Coastal Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I liked my draft a lot... still like it today.

In the up and down, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" world of the NFL

1st round - Pryor went 18th to the Jets and was as productive as Ha Ha; hence, a wash of picks.

2nd round - Moncrief - stepped up late. Adams was better overall, but will be a wash in the long run.

3rd round - Westburg went in the 2nd round to the Giants. Looks like a 10 year starter.

3rd round - Telvin Smith, went in the 5th round to Jax - considered a steal of the draft, looks like a long-term starter for them, and would have solved our ILB probs.

4th round - Crockett Gillmore went to the Ravens in the 3rd round, maybe a wash with Rodgers... like Gilmour better than Rodgers though.

5th round - Dexter McDougal went in the 3rd round to the Jets - tore his ACL early. Loved this guy. Went in 3rd round... so there ya go.

Matthews, Patchen and Hazel were also rans lol...

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder when it comes to the NFL draft
    wist

Telvin Smith has amazing coverage skills, but he's light. Would have been a great Ying to Barrington's Yang.

Can't say I agree Wist!

Don't know if I'd say Pryor was a wash vs Ha Ha. Pryor got moved to FS, then was benched late in the season. Some of it was scheme and general poor play in the Jets secondary, but unless he improves his play a lot he's not in Dix's league.

Richburg...well, I'd rather pick up a 10year starter at center as a UDFA than in the 2nd round!

Telvin Smith is an OLB, and played there in college as well. Not sure he could move inside.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Can't say I agree Wist!

Don't know if I'd say Pryor was a wash vs Ha Ha. Pryor got moved to FS, then was benched late in the season. Some of it was scheme and general poor play in the Jets secondary, but unless he improves his play a lot he's not in Dix's league.

Richburg...well, I'd rather pick up a 10year starter at center as a UDFA than in the 2nd round!

Telvin Smith is an OLB, and played there in college as well. Not sure he could move inside.
    The Jets were a mess last year, and everyone knew that Rex was as good as gone by week 5... I think Pryor will be fine if they stabilize the ship there - granted, a big if.

Richburg was moved to Guard... outstanding player. We're okay on the OL for now, but our depth is very suspect, and our history is not good. Drafting a quality player at a position of perpetual trouble - can't go wrong there.

Smith can play anywhere... just depends on scheme. Thankfully, and amazingly, the Packers changed up to an Elephant alignment, and a guy like Smith could flourish just fine in that alignment. Look at the slugs we've had playing there for years... Brad Jones?? and AJ Hawk?? Smith is light years better than both.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The Jets were a mess last year, and everyone knew that Rex was as good as gone by week 5... I think Pryor will be fine if they stabilize the ship there - granted, a big if.

Richburg was moved to Guard... outstanding player. We're okay on the OL for now, but our depth is very suspect, and our history is not good. Drafting a quality player at a position of perpetual trouble - can't go wrong there.

Smith can play anywhere... just depends on scheme. Thankfully, and amazingly, the Packers changed up to an Elephant alignment, and a guy like Smith could flourish just fine in that alignment. Look at the slugs we've had playing there for years... Brad Jones?? and AJ Hawk?? Smith is light years better than both.
    Brad Jones' has to be one of the most confusing contracts I've seen come out of 1265 Lombardi Ave. I guess he played well at the right time, getting starts and playing well when Desmond Bishop went down.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I think that new Jet's staff will make Pryor a star. They've got to be feeling good about the fit.

That said, Haha is clearly the better fit for a Capers defense and can be trusted not to suck in whatever defense comes after.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.