Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HABS VS BRUINS "The Greatest Rivalry In The Game" and "the Ugly Side of Hockey.

HABS VS BRUINS "The Greatest Rivalry In The Game" and "the Ugly Side of Hockey.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...f5K/story.html

Bruins condemn racist comments directed at P.K. Subban

By: Amalie Benjamin | Globe Staff May 02, 2014

AND:

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/classless-b...eets-1.1803908

'Classless' Boston Bruins fans target Habs defenceman P.K. Subban in racial tweets

By: Catherine Lathem, CTV Ottawa ... Published Friday, May 2, 2014 5:21PM EDT

Last Updated Friday, May 2, 2014 7:21PM EDT

" The ugly side of hockey has taken a direct shot at a Canadian NHL superstar.

Montreal Canadiens defenceman, P.K. Subban, was the target of on-line racial slurs after his double-overtime winning goal in Thursday’s game against the Bruins in Boston. "

" After the game some Bruins fans took to Twitter, calling Subban the “N” word. ..." Fr. LINK immediately above

" ... One person tweeted “F***ing N***** u shouldn’t even be playing hockey”.

Another wrote, “Can’t believe we let #PKSubban score on us twice. The only thing black that should be on the ice is the puck.” ..."
    Fr. LINK

Comment woodbuck27:

This is horrific stuff but a reality and the other reality is all this will do is "fire Up" the likes of a P.K. Subban and all that do support this star HAB Defenseman.

Karma can be very difficult to deal with..
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-03-2014 at 04:45 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://o.canada.com/sports/racist-id...ens-p-k-subban

Racist idiots try to spoil game-winning goal by Montreal Canadiens P.K. Subban

BY: John Dujay ... Published: May 2, 2014, 8:42 am ... Updated: 16 hours ago

" Happily, the better side of humanity fought back with some classic rejoinders, including this tweet displaying a potential future Boston Bruins star." ... Fr. LINK

PK Subban's younger brother Malcolm Subban. A future star Boston Bruin Goalie prospect.

" The Hockey Gods! @HockeyGods

If any Bruins fans are racist towards PK Subban during this series, direct them to this tweet. "
    #MalcolmSubban ... 8:11 PM - 1 May 2014

Comment woodbuck27:

Really...how senseless is this bullshit from ignorant hockey fans!? The key word there is "ignorant".
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

The Last word will be PK Subban's memory for all hockey fans:

HABS @ BRUINS Game 1 of the 2014 Eastern Conference Stanley Cup Semi-Finals.

P.K. Subban's Sensational Overtime "slapshot" Goal Vs THE Boston Bruins May. 01, 2014.

Note: Game 2 of this series and the continuation of this great hockey rivalry is scheduled for (TODAY) Sat. May 03 @ 12;30 EST.

Comment woodbuck27:

I've watched NHL hockey since 1957 and I've never seen a goal scored with a harder slap shot then this particular goal by P.K Subban. in fact both of his goals were special.

HABS defenseman P. K. Subban scored his first goal of this initial series game on an estimated 113 MPH wrist shot. That if an accurate assessment would be the hardest shot all time. You'll see this wrist shot goal at about the 41 second mark of the first LINK.

The estimated 130 MPH final OT goal slap shot at an estimated 130 mph MPH is something else again. I don't expect to ever see a harder shot. Observing it live was a thrill I'll not forget as it was indeed spectacular. The sheer power of P. K. Subban's shot was something else. The bend in his stick amazing. You'll see this slap shot OT goal @ 12:24 mark of the first LINK and it's impressive.

I can see the officials calling and looking at his stick. I've seen few things like that dramatic shot and goal in my lifetime of watching sports.

I'd compare it to seeing the USA's Bob Beamon's ... Ranked #2 ... Men's Olympic Record 8.90 m (29 ft 21⁄4 in) Broad Jump in Mexico City, Oct. 18, 1968. A broad jump record that stood until beaten by the USA's Mike Powell at 8.95 m (29 ft 4 1⁄4 in) in Tokyo on Aug. 30, 1991 and the current world record for men.

Here's that incredible broad jump by Bob Beamon. "The leap of the century":

Did any of you see this incredible broad jump "LIVE" ?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-03-2014 at 06:00 AM.

Hopefully the ugly stuff is over with. Bruins rallied with 4 3rd period goals to pull out a 5-3 win today. Love this time of year. At least 1 great hockey game on every day.

If I were betting, I would say Bruins/Blackhawks will have a rematch in the finals. Habs are playing really well though.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

#LetsGoBruins

Price saved the Habs in Game 1. He had nearly double the shots on goal vs. Rask. He was all over the goal. What happened to Subban was a complete and utter joke. Was never a Habs fan because I always thought Montreal was a little snobbish in how they were vs rest of NHL. But after this post Game 1 crap, I'll cheer my arse off for Montreal. (was rooting for the Sharks, but they couldn't hold a 3 games to 0 lead).
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

The very first Pro Team I pulled for was the Boston Celtics. . . . this team and the start of an unbelievable 11 year championship run. It was easy to be a Boston Celtic fan:

http://www.nba.com/celtics/history/C...hip_56_57.html

After this past weekend and very sadly I've decided to drop my beloved Boston Celtics like a hot potatoe. I'll pull for and mourn the Toronto Raptors in the future. There is simply too much sickness in the Boston fan base for me to digest.

After the Brooklyn Nets win over the Toronto Raptors by one point in the 7th and deciding game of an amazing series I'll pull for the Nets. For some time I pulled for Paul Pierce and then Kevin Garnett as Celtics as they combined to help the Celtics win a championship in 2007-08. it's not the Celtic players but too large a portion of their fan base that piss's me off.

It really sucked for me to see PK Subban's parents in the audience on Saturday in the Bruins 5-3 victory and their son get boo's every time he touched the puck. That's disgusting, pathetic sickening behaviour in my book.

I'm positive that the core of this team wouldn't approve.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/history/C...hip_07_08.html
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-06-2014 at 12:37 AM.

A little P.K. Subban payback tonight as he led the Montreal Canadians to a 4-2 win over the Boston Bruins and a 2-1 series lead.

Subban was all over the ice scoring a goal and an assist and overall played a terrific game for full value as the games 1st STAR.

The Habs goalie Carey Price was again solid and earned the 3rd STAR.

I watched some of the Pittsburg Penguins Vs New York Rangers series this evening and was it ever slow compared to Montreal Vs Boston.

Pittsburg looks like the winner there. Sydney Crosby looks to have game back.

dbl. post

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hoc...741_recap.html

Matt Fraser lifts Bruins past Canadiens, 1-0 in OT

MONTREAL (AP)

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hoc...#ixzz31Dmpkv3g

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...-three-series/

Montreal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins now best-of-three series

Dave Stubbs | May 9, 2014 6:37 PM ET

" The Bruins regained home-ice advantage Thursday with their overtime win at the Bell Centre, moving the series back here to TD Garden for Game 5 Saturday night (7 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN Radio 690). The clubs return to Montreal for Monday’s Game 6, with a seventh and deciding contest, if necessary, back in Boston next Wednesday."

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hoc...741_recap.html

Matt Fraser lifts Bruins past Canadiens, 1-0 in OT

MONTREAL (AP)

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hoc...#ixzz31Dmpkv3g
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...o-even-series/

Montreal Canadiens fall to Boston Bruins as rookie Matt Fraser plays improbable hero in overtime

Dave Stubbs | May 8, 2014 | Last Updated: May 9 9:04 AM ET

Blackhawks eliminate Wild!
    Rangers eliminate Penguins in Game 7.
    Bruins and Canadiens in Game 7 tomorrow night.
    Ducks and Kings in Game 6 tomorrow night.

If you're a hockey fan, it's the most wonderful time of the year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Blackhawks eliminate Wild!
    Rangers eliminate Penguins in Game 7.
    Bruins and Canadiens in Game 7 tomorrow night.
    Ducks and Kings in Game 6 tomorrow night.

If you're a hockey fan, it's the most wonderful time of the year.
    Wow....

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...t-of-playoffs/

The Original Six ...New York Rangers ... knock star-studded Pittsburgh Penguins out of playoffs

Associated Press | May 13, 2014 | Last Updated: May 13 11:58 PM ET
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-14-2014 at 05:07 AM.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/14/sp...time.html?_r=0

In the Western Conference of the NHL:

The Original Six:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/14/sp...time.html?_r=0

Chicago Blackhawks Eliminate Wild in Overtime

By: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS ... MAY 14, 2014

ST. PAUL — Patrick Kane scored on a backhand at 9 minutes 42 seconds of overtime on Tuesday night to lift the Chicago Blackhawks to a 2-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild in Game 6 to clinch their N.H.L. Western Conference semifinal series.

Comment woodbuck27:

Re: The Chicago Blackhawks and Playoffs

and ...... Patrick Kane ='s $MONEY$.

Two more original Six Teams bang it out tonight in what should be a WAR on Ice!

The Greatest Rivalry in all of Pro Sports comes to some latest conclusion tonight as the hard to put down Montreal Canadiens play the Big Bad Bruins in Boston in the best of seven Series Final seventh elimination game.

That rink will be a zoo !

I'm posting this right now wearing my Carey Price T-Shirt and over that my Montreal Canadiens Jersey.

Ce sera un jour un peu anxiouis pour moi de temps de jeu. GO HABS GO !!

Will this game six result continue? Was it ever seriously expected to go to a seventh game for les habitants Vs the Mighty Boston Bruins the were expected by most analysts to go all the way to the 2014 Stanley Cup Championship win!?

I'll admit as a die hard HABS fan I'm pleasantly surprized and then again not.

Montreal goalie Carey Price is on a tear this year. I think he's 4-0 in elimination games. Carey Price is considered by most analysts the best goaltender on the planet. He'll have to be all of that for the Canadiens to defeat the Boston Bruins who will play it as dirty as needed tonight. The Montreal Canadiens will be up against that and also very possibly officiating that may be biased against them. The Bruin fans will be rapid in this game. There will be tremendous pressure placed on the games officials to favor the home side in calls overall. The HABS have to play it as they have all series straight up ...clean....but take no crap from the dirty bruin players.

The HABS must take it to the Briuins hard and fast tonight and hit...hit...hit them .......be very physical and open with a goal...then go for it....a two goal lead. Thyey must forecheck the Bruins to distraction to win this final rubber game. They must crowd the Bruin goalie Tuukka Rask who's also extremely good in net. There's really not a lot to choose between these two goaltenders.

If you tune into this game I gurantee if your not already you may become a fan of these incredible NHL playoffs. For the most part the playoff hockey has been solid this year. The Canadiens Vs Bruins hockey has been just tremendously exciting....physical.

Who wins this final series seventh game? Honestly.... it's too close to call.

Will this continue from game six into game seven!?

http://o.canada.com/sports/nhl-playo...nadiens-game-6

It's a brand new time. All in the past must be forgotten. It's now tonight.

The Canadiens must skate and hit to win. The Bruins must not blow glorious scoring chances as Carey Price doesn't give up a lot. The Bruins must remain patient if they fall behind early. It's by far best if they open with the lead.

Who wins it !? Watch the game...you won't be disappointed.

It will be the first time since 1979 that three "Original Six Teams" will be involved in the East Conference Semi - Finals.

One Original Six Team the Chicago Blackhawks is in the NHL Western Conference and is going to the Western Conference Semi - Finals.

So four of the Original Six Teams are left in the Final Eight. That's so cool.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-14-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Two more original Six Teams bang it out tonight in what should be a WAR on Ice!

The Greatest Rivalry in all of Pro Sports comes to some latest conclusion tonight as the hard to put down Montreal Canadiens play the Big Bad Bruins in Boston in the best of seven Series Final seventh elimination game.

That rink will be a zoo !

I'm posting this right now wearing my Carey Price T-Shirt and over that my Montreal Canadiens Jersey.

Ce sera un jour un peu anxiouis pour moi de temps de jeu. GO HABS GO !!

Will this game six result continue? Was it ever seriously expected to go to a seventh game for les habitants Vs the Mighty Boston Bruins the were expected by most analysts to go all the way to the 2014 Stanley Cup Championship win!?

I'll admit as a die hard HABS fan I'm pleasantly surprized and then again not.

Montreal goalie Carey Price is on a tear this year. I think he's 4-0 in elimination games. Carey Price is considered by most analysts the best goaltender on the planet. He'll have to be all of that for the Canadiens to defeat the Boston Bruins who will play it as dirty as needed tonight. The Montreal Canadiens will be up against that and also very possibly officiating that may be biased against them. The Bruin fans will be rapid in this game. There will be tremendous pressure placed on the games officials to favor the home side in calls overall. The HABS have to play it as they have all series straight up ...clean....but take no crap from the dirty bruin players.

The HABS must take it to the Briuins hard and fast tonight and hit...hit...hit them .......be very physical and open with a goal...then go for it....a two goal lead. Thyey must forecheck the Bruins to distraction to win this final rubber game. They must crowd the Bruin goalie Tuukka Rask who's also extremely good in net. There's really not a lot to choose between these two goaltenders.

If you tune into this game I gurantee if your not already you may become a fan of these incredible NHL playoffs. For the most part the playoff hockey has been solid this year. The Canadiens Vs Bruins hockey has been just tremendously exciting....physical.

Who wins this final series seventh game? Honestly.... it's too close to call.

Will this continue from game six into game seven!?

http://o.canada.com/sports/nhl-playo...nadiens-game-6

It's a brand new time. All in the past must be forgotten. It's now tonight.

The Canadiens must skate and hit to win. The Bruins must not blow glorious scoring chances as Carey Price doesn't give up a lot. The Bruins must remain patient if they fall behind early. It's by far best if they open with the lead.

Who wins it !? Watch the game...you won't be disappointed.
    " The HABS must ........... open with a goal...then go for it....a two goal lead. "

Well .....that's the way it went down.

It was something to see the Bruins pay a tad frantically as the game wore on.

it appeared to me that Boston ran out of gas. Tha Montreal canadiens didn't need a lot of shots as Tuukka Rask the Bruin goalie looked a little off/nervous.

Carey Price was his usual "Cool Hand Luke'....with 29 saves as I recall it Vs 18 for Tuukka Rask in the Boston net.

STARR iof the game was IMO the entire spirit of the Montreal canadien team and the seventh man their incredibly loyal fan base.

About 21,000 of them present at the Bell Center in Montreal as their beloved HABS took "the mighty, big bad Bruins too .... out of the playoffs.

Karma is a bitch ! The Boston Bruins deserved for the Laws Of Life to take them to task for their sad/pathetic behaviour overall in this series.

Next up!

An other Original six opponent>>> The New York Rangers.

Another very exciting series I expect.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle18672312/

NHL PLAYOFFS

Montreal's small guys come up big to defeat Bruins in Game 7

BY: Sean Gordon ...BOSTON — The Globe and Mail

Published Wednesday, May. 14 2014, 7:16 PM EDT

Last updated Thursday, May. 15 2014, 12:06 AM EDT

" Lots of people are able to cope with pressure; those who are able to laugh out loud in the face of it form a much smaller sub-set. " From LINK

GO HABS GO !