Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: HABS VS BRUINS "The Greatest Rivalry In The Game" and "the Ugly Side of Hockey.

Looking like the Kings will get 2 put of 3 Cups. I think the series with the Blackhawks was the real Stanley Cup Finals.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Los Angeles just won't support cold weather sports.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/k...huge-mismatch/

Stanley Cup Final

Kings vs. Rangers Isn’t a Huge Mismatch

12:46 PM ...Jun 5

By: Neil Paine

" The most accurate and unbiased predictor of a given sporting event is usually the Las Vegas betting line, not a pundit. And according to Vegas, the Kings did not enter the series a markedly dominant favorite relative to other pre-series Stanley Cup front-runners."

Comment
    woodbuck27:

The Stanley cup Finals shifts it's focus back to the New Your Rangers home... Madison Square Garden (MSG).

The Rangers have played very decently in two overtime loss's in Los Angeles. In both of those games they opened with a 2 to nil lead. The LA Kings showed the grit that we are becoming accustomed to observing and managed to fight back to win.

I observed this analyst on an American network predicting that if the LA Kings managed to win the second game of the series and go up 2 zip; then the New York Rangers wouldn't return to Los Angeles in this Stanley Cup Final.

I promptly left that channel to find some Canadian coverage.

Fact:

" In the NHL, a home team will beat an evenly matched road opponent about 55 percent of the time. "

In my world...that "fact" predicts a return game in Los Angeles between the Rangers and Kings.

I want to see a seventh game for many reasons; yet mostly because as these 2014 playoffs have been special or very good close games. We've now been treated to 25 overtime game results in these playoffs.

That's wild and in terms of excitement and hockey... G R E A T !

Still the high powered LA Kings are going to bring a lot to MSG tonight and try to take advantage all the pressure on a back against the wall New York Rangers team. The Rangers must have a complete two way game going tonight for an entire 60 minutes to get it done.

My prediction:

The New York Rangers goalie Henrick Lundqvist stands on his head tonight Vs the LA Kings might and saves the Rangers bacon :

A Rangers win by a single goal margin and a 4-3 score.
    " I observed this analyst on an American network predicting that if the LA Kings managed to win the second game of the series and go up 2 zip; then the New York Rangers wouldn't return to Los Angeles in this Stanley Cup Final."

I'm now beginning to think, after reflecting on that huge game three LA Kings shutout of the NY Rangers in a building (MSG) where the Rangers have come through over and over and that again this season.

That .... that analyst that didn't make a lot of sense to me after game two is looking like a talented predictor.

The New York Rangers looked really bad inspite of all the shots they had or is it that Mr. Quick is just so huge in the LA Kings net !? I believe I heard that Quick had a 0.970 save percentage entering game three of these Stanley Cup Finals. Then he shuts out the Rangers! This man is playing "lights out great" as the Los Angelas Goalie.

I don't believe I've ever seen better goaltending in the playoffs. I'll check that out:

Here it is:

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/recor...l-goalies.html

WOW !!!

The Los Angelas Kings have this series in the bag. I hope it ends mercifully tomorrow night.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-10-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2014/0...ey-cup-finals/

New York Rangers vs. L.A. Kings: Previewing Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals

June 9, 2014 11:37 pm EDT by Casey Drottar

" Coming into the Stanley Cup Finals, a lot of people were of the firm belief that we were about to see a back-and-forth battle between the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings. As of tonight, a lot of people are wrong.

After two dramatic overtime wins, the Kings decided there was no need for theatrics in Game 3, convincingly beating New York 3-0. The score of tonight’s game now reflects the series, as L.A. is up 3-0 over the Rangers. What many thought would be an evenly matched contest is now looking like it’s over just three bouts in. "
    Fr. LINK

Please click on LINK for the story.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=722281

Rangers focused solely on winning Game 4 vs. Kings

Tuesday, 06.10.2014 / 3:57 PM / Kings vs Rangers - 2014 Stanley Cup Final

By: Tal Pinchevsky - NHL.com Staff Writer

Comment woodbuck27:

That's a proper focus.

It's time for the Rangers top four players to come out of their "zero Points collectively" slump and contribute tonight.

Martin St. Louis, Derek Stepan, Rick Nash and Brad Richards have been held off the score sheet through three games.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...ers-in-game-5/

Los Angeles Kings plan to make their own breaks in Game 5 against New York Rangers

BY: Cam Cole | June 12, 2014 9:22 PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    " I observed this analyst on an American network predicting that if the LA Kings managed to win the second game of the series and go up 2 zip; then the New York Rangers wouldn't return to Los Angeles in this Stanley Cup Final."

I'm now beginning to think, after reflecting on that huge game three LA Kings shutout of the NY Rangers in a building (MSG) where the Rangers have come through over and over and that again this season.

That .... that analyst that didn't make a lot of sense to me after game two is looking like a talented predictor.

The New York Rangers looked really bad inspite of all the shots they had or is it that Mr. Quick is just so huge in the LA Kings net !? I believe I heard that Quick had a 0.970 save percentage entering game three of these Stanley Cup Finals. Then he shuts out the Rangers! This man is playing "lights out great" as the Los Angelas Goalie.

I don't believe I've ever seen better goaltending in the playoffs. I'll check that out:

Here it is:

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/recor...l-goalies.html

WOW !!!

The Los Angelas Kings have this series in the bag. I hope it ends mercifully tomorrow night.
    Getting it done or finishing off an opponent in the Stanley Cup Finals isn't an east task and that's where were at right now.

The New York Rangers did manage to return the series to Los Angeles.

With 14 minutes remaining in the third period, the Rangers lead the Kings 2-1, scoring 2 unanswered goals in the second period including the go ahead marker with less than a minute remaining in the period.

Marian Gaborik just scored his 14th goal of these playoffs to knot the score at two.

There's about 10 minutes remaining in the third period.

The Los Angeles fans are into it again and hopeful that their Kings will get it done tonight.

....It had to come to this again for what? .... the 26th time in these playoffs.

OVERTIME again and the LA Kings under pressure in their end just took a penalty and the Rangers go to their power play. They already have one power play goal.

Hang on !

No nothing there although the the rangers had splendid opportunities especially defenseman McDonough. 8 mins into OT the play is furious back and forth action.

This is as it's been throughout the playoffs ...GREAT hockey and now

9:51 remains in the first OT period.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-13-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Their now into the second Overtime period and Mae is going nuts with all the excitement. Mae is a furious hockey fan. She's seriously intense....a real hoot.

The Rangers just went on another power play. Damn they just hit another goal post and are doing everything but put this game away....send it back home to new York.

I hope the Rangers win as this is as good as it gets for hockey. The King fans are totally into it now.

If their team loses it will be heartbreak in Los Angeles tonight. The Rangers sure have some fight in them.

Lord Steve Nash missed an open net...a game winning goal slips by.

Stay tuned. There's 10:30 remaining in this 2nd OT period.

Well it's finally over as LA Kings Defenseman Alex Martinez scores another big game winner to win it all for his team the Los Angeles Kings.

The Stanley Cup belongs to the Los Angeles KINGS for the second time in three seasons. The 121st Stanley Cup winner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup

The Stanley Cup.

That was absolutely breathtaking overtime play; a goal just ended the best playoffs I can ever recall experiencing.

Kings forward Justin Williams wins the Conn Smythe Trophy as the Playoffs MVP.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-13-2014 at 11:42 PM.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=454779

The Los Angeles KINGS Win the Stanley Cup with a Double Overtime Winning Goal by Defenseman Alex Martinez In Victory over the New York Rangers in Game Five

6/14/2014 9:26:16 AM

LOS ANGELES --

" The Los Angeles Kings won the Stanley Cup the hard way, ending their marathon playoff run with a double overtime thriller.

A post-season that started with the Kings having to dig themselves out of a three-game hole against San Jose ended Friday night in a 3-2 double-overtime triumph over the New York Rangers to seal their second Cup in three seasons.

The final lasted five games, with three going to overtime -- including two double OT contests. It was the only playoff series that didn't go the distance for the Kings. "
    Fr. LINK

Please click on the LINK for the entire story.