Thread: Packer Succession: GM and Coach Talk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This season is huge to see where this team really is. I want a hungry for success Mike McCarthy as our teams HC in 2014. With the rumors of Ted Thompson being about done and a new GM coming on why rush into a MM extention?

I'll post my observations as far as the team of TT and MM go overall:

Where is the Green Bay Packer "team" in terms of winning the next Super Bowl without Aaron Rodgers? Take ARod out of the picture and the Packers don't compete with the cream in the NFL. Even with ARod in the lineup the Team comes up short.

Are we as fans really content with NFCN championships and one and done playoff appearances? The fact that is what it is since our last Super Bowl has to fall on TT and MM. Sure Mike McCarthy as any HC in any Pro sport has to work with what his GM supplies him; but I want to see a hungry Mike McCarthy not a self satisfied and pork fed Mike McCarthy.

Do you reward good enough with an Aaron Rodgers as your QB or reward the ultimate result? Another Super Bowl win or proof that your real as an outstanding NFL Head coach.

Right now I see the Legacy of both Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy riding on the broad shoulders of the finest QB in NFL history in terms of career QB rating. Aaron Rodgers received his reward for that performance in terms of a lucrative long term contract.

I want Mike McCarthy to demonstrate the same exclusiveness and that based on more than a lack of success for the other NFCN competitors. Isn't the Packer success a factor of the Bears, Lions and Vikings shortfalls?

The bottom line:

To award MM with a new contract right now is premature.

I feel it's time that Mark Murphy and TT and MM stop slapping one another on the back and concentrate on what's necessary to get more done. To win that next Super Bowl and put the proof stamp on the Green Bay Packer success and the last Super Bowl win. Since then we havn't seen even close to comparable success. All we see is early playoff exits. Wasted playoff berths.

See the fat on Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy. That's too much fat. I want Mike McCarthy to demonstrate just how really hungry he is before rewarding him for marginal success since that last Super Bowl. I want to see a hungry Mike McCarthy.

Show me an outstanding 2014 season and then talk contract extension. Only that makes proper sense.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-05-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau