Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
If he misses any time this year, or regresses any, he won't get a big offer from anyone. If he plays well but misses 3-4 games, the Packers can probably get him for a year on a make-good contract a la Raji, or sign him to a 2-3 year deal at a reasonable rate with most of the bonuses doled out on a per game basis.

It's possible that he gets injured early an Sherrod steps up making signing Bulaga irrelevant, but that isn't hugely likely and doesn't change the scenario for the Packers, only the name.

I am not sold on Bulaga, mostly because he keeps getting hurt, as opposed to Sherrod, who got hurt once, very badly. Why that seems better than Bulaga's regularly getting hurt, I don't know, but it does.

Bulaga seems a solid right tackle, but not built to take on the speedy rushers, whom I think appear more often in front of a left tackle.

If he can cobble together a season like the one Patler described, and if Sherrod stays healthy this season, I'd keep Sherrod and let Bulaga go to the Arizona Cardinals, or whoever it is that will overpay for him.