Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Richard Rodgers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Still not sold on this one. His measurables aren't great, and the tape reveals that he isn't a great athlete. However, I'll reserve judgment because of strange case of him going from 270 pounds to 245 pounds and now back up to 260 pounds to fit the scheme at Cal.
    This isn't a rant. This post simply grew...large.

That 16 bench Vs the strength of Finley and Quarless tells me that this prospect needs to go Big time Gym. He needs to work his ass off strengthening and conditioning.

On our team he must block well for both the run and passing game.

MM and the coaching staff have to get him focused. He's a TE or a WR ?

MM and TT need to decide which and work hard molding him. I believe I read that his father is a football coach so that has to be addressed in terms of his weight swings and why?

This pick as TT later round picks usually do bothers me.

There is so much still on the board that TT might have chosen as an alternative to this TE project.

I'll toss down a few names that TT passed on:

We need a real solid looking forward back-up QB.

Didn't TT look at Mike Mayock's 67th ranked of his Top 100 prospects ....Alabama QB, AJ McCarron?

This prospect intrigues me as a project... QB Logan Thomas:

How about looking at QB prospect and get his size...Logan Thomas (6'6" 248) Fr. Virginia Tech ...Pick him and maybe look at him as a backup QB but also a conversion to TE?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...mas?id=2543767

QB - Logan Thomas...[B] Grade - 5.41 Fr. NFL.com and the next highest ranked QB behind AJ McCarron with his loftier Grade of 5.7 NFL.com. AJ McCarron would have made a solid backup QB. His Alabama background and with teammate FS Hasean "Ha Ha" Clinton-Dix onboard ....a bonus.

Logan Thomas is BIG and mentally strong, reliable/dedicated, athletic ... and a certain leader.

Measurable: Look at his size...this is impressive !

6' - 6" and 248 lbs and 34.245 inch arms and Big 10 7/8 inch hands.

4.61 sec. 40 ; 35.5 inch vert.; 9 '-10 " broad,; 3-cone - 7.05; 20 yard shuttle = 4.18 Seconds

He started every game for his team for a third straight season. 227 - 402 - 2,907 -16 TD's - 13 Picks (56.5%) and rushing 162 - 344 - 4 TD'as (2.1 Avg) in 13 games. Not all that impressive stat wise, but draft him as a serious conversion candidate to Tight End and as a backup QB.

Logan Thomas was team captain. He finished his career with the Virginia Tech Hokies throwing for 9,103 yards and 53 touchdowns, both school records. Logan Thomas played within the system at Virginia Tech and did so successfully.

Other candidates of note that TT passed on:

At CB:

** Keith McGill - 6'3" (211 lbs) Fr. Utah ... Grade 5.4

** Bashaud Breeland - 5'11" (197 lb) Fr. Clemson ... Grade 5.4

** Antone Exum - 6'0" (213 lb) Fr. Virginia Tech ... Grade 5.4

** Marcus Roberson, 6'0" (191 lb) Fr. Florida ... Grade 5.3

** Pierre Desir - 6'1" (198 lb) Fr. Lindenwood ... Grade 5.3

** Ross Cockrell - 6'0" (191 lb) Fr. Duke ... Grade 5.3

** Travis Carrie - 6'0" (206 lb) Fr. Ohio ... Grade 5.3

** Dontae Johnson - 6'2" (200 lb) Fr. N.C. State ... Grade 5.3

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracke...-grade-input:3

Ted Thompson has to wait 22 picks today before selecting again in Rd. 4 and Pick NO. 121. how many of these CB's will remain on the board for that pick remains to be seen!? They were all there and more...when TT selected TE Richard Rodgers with Pick NO. 98. This morning I'm disappointed in this "no Pick" by Ted Thompson.

I( feel he had many better options with that valuable compensatory Pick or #98 Overall.

Ted Thompson chose a DT (Khyri Thornton that has potential) yet ignored the DE position and we need there at least in terms of depth:

DE Ed Stinson...6'3" (287 lbs) From Alabama .... Grade 5.5 and *** again a Ha Ha Clinton - Dix teammate.

*** Maybe TT doesn't subscribe to having teammates Fr. their University/College on the Packers Roster !? ***

** How about ILB Telvin Smith - 6'3" (218 lbs) Fr the National Champion Florida St. Seminoles ... Grade = 5.36

ILB Telvin Smith was the Florida State Seminoles' leading tackler in '13 when he started all 14 games at WLB and registered four pass breakups and three interceptions (two touchdowns) for the National Champs.

So that was yesterday...TODAY Sat 10 May, 2014 is a brand new day:

** At DT this fella deserves certain consideration today:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...ban?id=2543765

How about DT Brent Urban and yes he`s ..... a Canuck in Round 4-5.

The Offensive Line... and candidate as a draft Pick or UFA:

Another Canuck that I hope TT has on his radar as at least an UFA.... and may be better than Brent Urban and is very strong and smart/intelligent and dedicated is:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...dif?id=2543816

OT - Laurent Duvernay-Tardif ... Fr.McGill (Canada) No Conference Info

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl...y-on-thursday/

Cards GM to check out Duvernay-Tardif personally on Thursday

John Kryk - March 24th, 2014

*** I discovered that he lifted for 34 Reps...and he's very fast for his size. *** He has a 4.0 GPA and is the #1 prospect for the CFL out of the College Crop in Canada this year. He's a Pre med student..smart. He needs to decide his future and is it football?

*** http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/05...vernay-tardif/

Road to the Draft: Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

Measurements:

6-foot-5, 321 pounds.... 40 time: 4.96 seconds..... Bench press: 34 reps of 225 pounds.

Others that TT might consider today:

RB:

** Andre Williams - 5'11" (230 lbs) Boston College .... 5.6 Grade ( Aa later round; UFA or Pick him in the 4th Rd today.

Devonta Freeman - 5'8" (206 lbs) Fr. Florida St. and a 5.4 Grade

Another WR that TT might consider and Pick:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...ton?id=2543646

Get a load of this guy:

Here's the WOW Factor !!

WR - Bruce Ellington - South Carolina (SEC) 5' - 9 " and a big so what....and 197 lbs... Built like a small tank and what an incredible athlete !

Combine Results were just solid too top notch ... Grade ...5.38

He's fast and timed at 4.45 SEC; He's strong....15 REPS ; 39.5 INCH VERT. (Top Performer) ; 120.0 INCH Broad Jump

6.69 SEC 3 Cone and 3.95 SEC SHUTTLE (Top Performer) and 60 yard Shuttle = 11.12 SEC and again the Top Performer.

This is some athlete and I want him wearing the Green and Gold after today. He can be the return man we so desperastely need.

Why did TT miss on this fella and take a TE " Richard Rodgers" that won't cut the mustard as he shows no signs of doing so in his college background. Does TT believe in magic !?

If he does then pick a prospect that he can be used better on...I've listed several above that exceed TE Prospect Richard Rodgers.

Today I want Ted Thompson to get his SMART Cap on... please Ted try the fit.

My message to Ted Thompson:

" You have to be given a pass on TE Richard Rodgers (we're stuck with that) but PLEASE.... get it between the white lines today."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I hope that TT can recover from his IMO and view Pick NO. 98.

TT left far too much on the board with a pick of TE Richard Rodgers that ignored BPA and I don't care if he was the BPA on TT's board as if that's the case we're in deep shit today.

Now he has to wait 20 more picks before he gets a shot to recover. I hope he gets there.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    2 career td's tells me he's the anti red zone threat
    How many total touchdowns did Cal have this year? He might have 50% of the passing touchdowns.

But seriously, he was playing two positions. Once he settles in a TE body and weight, he will get stronger as he will need to occasionally block. And he will get better at red zone routes when that is the focus. He has a big body and hands. A lot of NFL players without top line measureables elsewhere have caught a LOT of TDs that way.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Future Packers O huddle

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    How many total touchdowns did Cal have this year? He might have 50% of the passing touchdowns.

But seriously, he was playing two positions. Once he settles in a TE body and weight, he will get stronger as he will need to occasionally block. And he will get better at red zone routes when that is the focus. He has a big body and hands. A lot of NFL players without top line measureables elsewhere have caught a LOT of TDs that way.
    Hands :

TE Prospect: Richard Rodgers hands measure at ** 10 1/8 inches. . . . pfffeeuuhh !

Other measurements:

6'4" Height; 32 5/8" Arm Length; 257LBS. Weight

Didn't Ted Thompson and his Scouting Staff learn about this fella?

QB Logan Thomas who could be drafted and converted to a TE:

6'6" Height; 34 1/4" Arm Length; 248LBS. Weight and **

10 7/8" Hands

Grade 5.41; 40 yard dash - 4.61 SEC (Top Performer)

Verticle Leap: 35.5 INCH (Top Performer) ; Broad Jump = 118.0 INCH (Top Performer)

3 Cone = 7.05 SEC (Top Performer)

20 yard Shuttle = 4.18 SEC. (Top Performer)

I think I can see why TT picked Rodgers when he did. If this is the best TE on the board (in TT's eyes) then it may not make any difference whether they get him at the end of the 3rd with a comp pick , or even the 4th or 5th round.

There are plenty of other players available that we can use today, so he didn't want to risk losing this TE by waiting until later in the draft. The guy has work to do, but his ceiling may be higher than we realize. Not justifying the pick, but I'm not as focused on the round players are picked in after the first 3 rounds. This was in reality an early 4th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I think I can see why TT picked Rodgers when he did. If this is the best TE on the board (in TT's eyes) then it may not make any difference whether they get him at the end of the 3rd with a comp pick , or even the 4th or 5th round.

There are plenty of other players available that we can use today, so he didn't want to risk losing this TE by waiting until later in the draft. The guy has work to do, but his ceiling may be higher than we realize. Not justifying the pick, but I'm not as focused on the round players are picked in after the first 3 rounds. This was in reality an early 4th round pick.
    I hope your correct Teancheez1.

On the surface ....I don't care for that pick "at all". I see over the top way too many better options that TT had.

That was last night... it's a brand new day.

CBS.Com:

Packers Pick @ NO. 98... Richard Rodgers | TE, California

The Packers needed to get help at tight end, so they take one who can get down the field. He's a former receiver, which is the type of tight end they like.

Grade for Pick = B

This is my favorite pick of the draft so far. I like his production, athletic ability and his drive/focus. He's like Jermichael Finley with a good attitude.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I'm okay with the Rodgers pick... it was the Thorton pick that pissed me off.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Brandon...................do you love both 3rd round picks ?
    I'm in love with our 1st and 2nd round picks but I like the potential of both our 3rd round picks. Like everyone else I didn't know much about knew but the more I read and watch the more I like them.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not a question about Rodgers per se, but comparing him to Mackay and other older players.

Are parents just feeding their kids HGH with the vitamins in the morning?
    It's the bovine GF in the milk, I tells ya.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It's the bovine GF in the milk, I tells ya.
    I knew that was a bad idea (or good idea for Pro Leagues).

He's Mr. Rodgers.

The NFL !!!!!! Duh...dropped another one; not used to being a target

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    This is my favorite pick of the draft so far. I like his production, athletic ability and his drive/focus. He's like Jermichael Finley with a good attitude.
    What thread am I in !

checking.........................

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What thread am I in !

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci...ichard-rodgers

Green Bay Packers draft Cal's Richard Rodgers

By: Jeff Faraudo ...... jfaraudo@bayareanewsgroup.com

This:

** " After making 39 receptions for 608 yards last season '

The Math says: 15.59 Avg. >>> 16 YPC Avg. ...That's good.

" After leaving school a year early to enter the NFL, Rodgers was picked a couple rounds earlier than most draft experts anticipated."

That informs me that Ted Thompson "reached" for this TE prospect.

Hopefully that had a lot to do with a true freshman starting at QB.

Hey it may work out very well:

Aaron Rodgers can meet him at the airport with.....

"a box of chocolates ".

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What thread am I in !

Then there's this:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...IhJ/story.html

" Green Bay hopes he establishes a connection with fellow Cal alumnus Aaron Rodgers (no relation) after the Packers selected the 6-foot-4-inch, 257-pound tight end 98th overall Friday night with a compensatory pick in the third round of the NFL Draft. " Fr. LINK above

" He caught 39 passes for 608 yards and a touchdown as a junior last season. "

Ohh I see.....sure... that one touchdown jumps right out at you. I can see why TT was impressed !

Then again maybe this is TT's thinking

*$%*##!^>>?% He didn't have Aaron passing to him.*$%*##!^>>?%

Uhh but Ted....He also didn't have the defenses he'll face in the NFL at California.

All the same..... A minor detail...to be ignored.

Summing it up:

I can see a two - three season project here for sure.

Aaron and Richard will just need one more "TT Rodgers pick", to become....

Rodgers, Rodgers and RODGERS !

TT loves a challenge as drafting is easy for him. TT just needs to find that third Rodgers ...screw BPA....

that's too easy.

Really? You replying to yourself now in quotes?