Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
... At the NFL Combine after gaining 20 pounds since declaring for the draft in what I'd say was a pretty blatant attempt to enhance his profile as a DE and reduce it as an OLB:

"Some people have a better edge getting off the ball with their hand in the dirt," said Perry. "I’ve been playing it a long time now, and I have experience in that. Being put further away from what you’re used to doing makes you a little uneasy."

... I also think there's little doubt that Winston Moss' OTA terse quote "Nick Perry in my book has done absolutely zero," combined with McCarthy's only slightly more measured statements at the time, spoke volumes about their perspective on his unwillingness to participate in OTA's.
But now we have gone from attitude to draft prep. Perry, presumably was trying to get drafted as high as possible for maximum cash and he and his agent might have thought that DE was the best bet according to what teams were telling them. After the draft, Perry told the press the Packers were not concerned about the weight. He has since lost 5 of those extra pounds.

Moss came back to Wilde and told him that his words were misconstrued about Perry. He meant Perry would be starting off with a blank slate. No history or baggage would carry over to his new coach.