MICAH HYDE
    MORGAN BURNETT
    HASEAN CLINTON-DIX
    SEAN RICHARDSON
    CHRIS BANJO

MASON CROSBY
    TIM MASTHAY
    BRETT GOODE

If they want to keep Flynn, then Dorsey would go to PS and Rettig is SOL.

Didn't really get a good look at Pennel today. Rolle, Elliott, and Janis all locked in their spots tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Didn't really get a good look at Pennel today. Rolle, Elliott, and Janis all locked in their spots tonight.
    He had a couple of tackles and one penetration. But he also got shoved around by the Chiefs line in the second half. He was at nose every time I saw him. Active though, his rep from scouting and college clearly isn't the whole story. But he needs an anchor.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    You sure about Elliot??

He may have 5 sacks this preseason, but what I saw last night was what I saw when I looked him up on youtube - a guy who doesn't use his hands at all. He may have the speed and athletic ability to get the corner against scrubs, but against starting calibur NFL linemen - he's going nowhere.

He might as well be a double arm amputee for as much as he uses his hands... If a guy can't keep seperation from a blocker by locking out, he can't set the edge; and if he can't hand fight his pass rush is dead; it's why pass rushers with short arms are at a distinct disadvantage against long-armed OT's.

They may very well keep him on the roster - b/c he does have ability, and maybe they figure they can coach him up, but until he figures out how to use his hands, he has no chance of succeeding in the NFL.
    wist

Elliot's sack last night was against KCs starting right tackle, as I believe was the holding penalty on the previous play, and a blatant hold on the first KC drive that wasn't called.

Elliot has earned the spot and no way would he clear waivers.

(Although he is raw--there were several plays where he took himself out, overran the run, etc. But even just as a situational pass rushers he has great potential)

Quote Originally Posted by jdrats View Post
    Elliot's sack last night was against KCs starting right tackle, as I believe was the holding penalty on the previous play, and a blatant hold on the first KC drive that wasn't called.

Elliot has earned the spot and no way would he clear waivers.

(Although he is raw--there were several plays where he took himself out, overran the run, etc. But even just as a situational pass rushers he has great potential)
    Yes, no matter how green guys with the propensity to rush the passer are coveted so I doubt he'll be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    You sure about Elliot??

He may have 5 sacks this preseason, but what I saw last night was what I saw when I looked him up on youtube - a guy who doesn't use his hands at all. He may have the speed and athletic ability to get the corner against scrubs, but against starting calibur NFL linemen - he's going nowhere.

He might as well be a double arm amputee for as much as he uses his hands... If a guy can't keep seperation from a blocker by locking out, he can't set the edge; and if he can't hand fight his pass rush is dead; it's why pass rushers with short arms are at a distinct disadvantage against long-armed OT's.

They may very well keep him on the roster - b/c he does have ability, and maybe they figure they can coach him up, but until he figures out how to use his hands, he has no chance of succeeding in the NFL.

But how could he sack anyone that way?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack